Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out of all the Players leaving early for the NFL....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Out of all the Players leaving early for the NFL....

Jan 18, 2016, 8:45 PM

If any at all, which do you feel is making a mistake based solely on being physically and mentally ready for the NFL? Personally I don't think Alexander is mature enough but I do believe he is worried about getting hurt. Don't get me wrong I would love nothing more than to see them all return, just wondered what others were thinking.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it doesn't really matter -- it's all about the signing bonus

Jan 18, 2016, 8:48 PM

really

most guys don't make it past year 3 in reality .... so the signing bonus is a big deal

at least that's how it looks from the couch

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Out of all the Players leaving early for the NFL....

Jan 18, 2016, 8:48 PM

Green and #1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm surprised that Bama was able to keep so many juniors.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:52 PM

Some of those guys were round 1 picks.

they make more in Tuscaloosa than the rookie salary. Roll Tide. ***

Jan 18, 2016, 8:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: they make more in Tuscaloosa than the rookie salary. Roll Tide. ***

Jan 18, 2016, 9:31 PM

Roger that.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:57 PM

I honestly think they all did what they had to for their personal life and family needs. I think they all get drafted and make a team. TJ Green could have made more money by coming back but he's still an NFL cailber safety just not going to be an immediate impact player imo. Kearse will still get drafted in the 2nd round, just based on measurables and the times he flashed. 2nd round is pretty good for a safety. Mack, Dodd, and Lawson are all 1st to early 2nd round guys not much room for improvement there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2016, 8:58 PM

"Personally I don't think Alexander is mature enough"

WHAT ?

Green is in no way shape or form ready for the NFL

Jan 18, 2016, 9:12 PM

Just my opinion!

Jan 18, 2016, 9:04 PM

How do you know he would make more by staying? Its said to be a defense soft draft this year(not that many great defensive players entering) so next year could be convoluted with more d players. It's not like these kids are just out there throwing darts with their eyes closed. They make a decision off their families' needs and the information available to them at that time. Mistakes will be made, but I guarentee you won't be able to predict those whom will make them. Be happy for the kids, they gave their bodies and futures up for tiger nation

Jan 18, 2016, 9:13 PM

I am happy for him. I just think of all of the players he still had more upside that he could have met and improved his stock. I love Green, thought he played hard even when he messed up he never tapped out.

BTW I'd beg to differ with you on the draft, this year's draft is very very deep on defense and light on offense. Just look at the mock drafts and the top rated guys coming out this year. Most are defensive guys.

At the end of the day I'm pretty sure we both want to see all the guys who leave Clemson be successful. I know he had his reasons and I hope he and all the other guys go out and represent and earn the big money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree. There isn't any reason to believe that any of these

Jan 18, 2016, 9:18 PM

guys won't be successful in the NFL. Just looking at the last 4-5 years of Clemson players lacing them up on Sundays proves the Clemson system works as good as any other with equal recruiting stats. BTW, what does SSN stand for in your user name?

Message was edited by: etclaw1®

Re: I agree. There isn't any reason to believe that any of these

Jan 18, 2016, 9:23 PM

Submarine.

null

Re: I agree. There isn't any reason to believe that any of these

Jan 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

Did 24 yrs myself, 5 tours on 688 class boats!

Well, with many college graduates flipping burgers ...

Jan 18, 2016, 9:33 PM

at a Waffle House or McDonalds, how can you possibly blame them? There are virtually NO jobs in their chosen careers available and the economy is stagnant from sea to shining sea. The American Dream is proving to be just that... a "dream." So, if it was my child asking their father what they should do, I would have to unfortunately say "go for it, son." But, give me and your mom our 15%...grin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Re: Well, with many college graduates flipping burgers ...

Jan 18, 2016, 10:09 PM

Even the low end of nfl is a good paying job.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Well, with many college graduates flipping burgers ...

Jan 19, 2016, 12:00 AM

How can you judge someone you don't know ., Don't talk to on a regular basis ,., How much time
have you spent with this person ., ten minutes a month ??? SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2016, 12:22 AM

Mackensie might be the maturest on the team, outside Deshaun, MacLain and a few others. Cut . It . Ouuuut

Jan 19, 2016, 9:39 AM

Let the tape speak for itself. You sound like one of those who spends 90 mins drinking at halftime!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic