Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out in the cold - either Clemson/FSU or Utah
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Out in the cold - either Clemson/FSU or Utah

Oct 20, 2015, 9:59 AM

Guys, the way I see this going down is either the CU/FSU winner, or Utah, is going to get passed over. That of course assumes the ACC champ is a no-loss, and that Utah is a no-loss.

CFB has a real problem. Something like this is going to happen every single year until the current ESPN contract expires and that's years away.

And, if you think "Clemsoning" is bad, wait until "ACC'ing" gets around the recruiting world, and see what impact that has. I mean this current CFB championship structure has serious implications. Currently, it is basically set in stone that the ACC champ has to be a no-loss, and that's just not fair to the conference.

BTW, the three "in's" are the Bama/LSU, OSU/MSU and Baylor/TCU winners.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will see once the playoff poll comes out***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:01 AM

Re: Out in the cold - either Clemson/FSU or Utah

Oct 20, 2015, 10:05 AM

We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Yes. . It was cold this morning. Had to scrape ice off wind shield.***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well at this time last year everyone thought

Oct 20, 2015, 10:12 AM

The B1G would get passed over and the Big XII or the SEC would get two teams. How did that workout for the talking heads? Clemson will be just fine and The ACC has been apart of the last two championships, The BCS tile game and the CFP.

Head on back over to FGF

Oct 20, 2015, 10:14 AM

That'd probably go over real well over there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em 3-4 coot

Oct 20, 2015, 10:18 AM

This time last year, you had three .....

Oct 20, 2015, 10:26 AM

SEC "West" teams "IN"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC SEC SEC!!! Go Coots/Roll Tide

Oct 20, 2015, 10:52 AM

Man....it must suck to ride your big brother's cape.

way too early..why worry before it's time to worry?***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Oct 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

Undefeated Clemson or Utah will not get passed by a one loss team. When was the last time there were 5 undefeated teams at the end of the year from the power 5? If there are 5 undefeated teams and Clemson is left out then there will be screaming to expand playoffs, but I don't see that happening every single year, or even close to it. If we lose any one of our remaining games, depending on where everyone else stands, we probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Ole Miss vs UF (loss to FSU) in Atl is best case scenario***

Oct 20, 2015, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all, Utah wins PAC, CU wins ACC (undefeated)

Oct 20, 2015, 11:15 AM

Then both are in...

The ones that need to be concerned are the SEC (will they have an undefeated candidate?) and Big 12 (who wins their championship game and will they be undefeated?) and BIG 10 (will their conference champion be undefeated?).

It will work itself out. Just win baby!

BOTTOMLINE: If you lose or don't have a conference championship game, the hill gets much steeper regardless of what conference you play in. That includes Clemson. But if you win out AND win you conference title game, it is automatic!

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 11:17 AM

"The way I see it".....

YOU.....and YOUR fan base will still be sucking on "Bama's" hind ###!!

The Tigers however will be solidly in the discussion!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the season is at the HALFWAY point

Oct 20, 2015, 11:19 AM

things will change every weekend from here on.

Enjoy this, don't fret about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 11:38 AM

Some you guys are ok. And some others of you have IQ's south of 80.

We'll come back to this post on Dec 6, and see who's a coot then.

For the record, I paid 3 CU tuition's, and I'm most definitely not a coot. For you 80IQ's out there, some CU fans actually are mature and objective. The rest of you fit better over in cootville. Out.

Tell 'em 3-4 coot

Oct 20, 2015, 1:07 PM

Oct 20, 2015, 11:40 AM

Respectfully, you don't know what you're talking about. You are living in a bcs era that no longer exists. If we win out, we will be in. Period.

Every contender still has 6 or 7 games to play. Too early

Oct 20, 2015, 11:52 AM

to start playing the "what if" game. It is a concern that we still have 10 undefeated power 5 teams, whereas at this time last year, there were only three. I know we will be down to 3 or 4 undefeateds by seasons end, but I also know that a 12-1 Bama will be in the playoff, maybe even a 12-1 Stanford. We certainly need to be hoping Bama loses another one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget everybody else just calling you a coot

Oct 20, 2015, 1:02 PM

, I mean you probably are but that doesn't matter.

1 CFB doesn't have a problem and changing the contract won't "fix" anything. Here is the thing, while we all want an 8 or 16 team playoff, if college football had one, we'd have far less to talk about during the season so the NFL would just get more play. Having a Power 5 and only 4 spots fully intentional. This is exactly what the want. Also don't be so sure about Baylor and TCU, while I think if that winner is undefeated they will get in, they could also be burned by a lack of a 13th game again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Undefeated P5 teams get in

Oct 20, 2015, 1:16 PM

No way they get left out over a 1 loss P5 team.

PAC 12 sucks worse than ACC and Big 12 has no championship g

Oct 20, 2015, 1:20 PM

But nice try coot

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic