Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our team didn't play it's best game, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,212

Our team didn't play it's best game, but

Oct 4, 2020, 1:47 PM

they didn't play their worst either.

Our Tigers didn't look like National Champions last night, but in our first challenge of the season, we played a well coached UVA team that Bronco and coaches had fired up. And it was clear to anyone watching, the the refs were allowing UVA to play very aggressive, and our guys were getting flagged for aggressive play. UVA was getting away with a number PI and late hit on the side lines, that our guys were getting flagged for. With all the penalties called against our guys, I think it caused them to play less aggressive!!!

UVA penalties were, 1 for 15 yards, CU penalties were, 8-65 yards. IMHO, the officiating was one sided, and the refs were allowing UVA play a much more aggressive game than they were our players. Reviewable plays that would have benefited Clemson wasn't reviewed, especially the TD catch by Amari, and those same type plays are always reviewed with the right call made. That ball never got loose until after Amari was clearly down, and it was slapped loosed then. But that didn't really matter bc it's a TD as soon as catch is made in the end zone, and catch was clearly made, and the ball was slapped out of Amari's grasp, but not until he hand rolled completely over on his back, and that play was over before all that happened, Amari made the catch and was down before the rest of the play carried on!!! UVA player should have been flagged for unnecessary roughness, actually!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our team didn't play it's best game, but

Oct 4, 2020, 2:13 PM

On top of what you said, it was just the third game, and they had not played in two weeks. Given that they're also coming off of a strange offseason, and there are more younger players stepping into key roles, these types of growing pains are to be expected IMO.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 4, 2020, 2:49 PM

appeared to me to be a lack of focus on playing football - not bad refs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 2:59 PM

You right, Clemson gets flagged 8 times, UVA is making hits out of bounds, shoving after our guys are out of bounds, I guess to some that was good ref-ing!!! And the horse collar call against our player, go back and look, he had two hand fulls of pure jersey, and that was a good call by some. The game was called one sided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 3:05 PM

I hear you - but Clemson under Dabo's leadership has been an incredibly talented finesse team for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,212
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic