Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our recruiting compitition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,144

Our recruiting compitition

Jul 16, 2012, 5:20 PM

It seems to me that we are always in contention with other SEC schools on most recruits. Most recruits seems down to two or three schools and they all happened to be SEC schools and Clemson. Am I missing it or is this your feeling as well? I did not do the research to speak intelligently about it but it is just a passing observation that I see when a recruit narrowed his choices and it always seems us and one or more SEC school. It is possible that I am just looking at TigerNet and those recruits are here because they do have Clemson on top of their choice list. If I look at FSU's web, they will have recruits that they are competing for along with other conferences and no Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

If you are a undecided top recruit you would be a ...

Jul 16, 2012, 5:24 PM

fool not to have an SEC team in your top 5. I would sure like to take an official visit to LSU, Bama, etc if I had the opportunity for a free trip.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you asking a question?

Jul 16, 2012, 5:32 PM

if you are, i dont understand what it is

lol -- Observation more tha a question

Jul 16, 2012, 5:36 PM

that we the only ACC schools that seems to be in competition for top talent with other SEC schools. When was the last time you saw a top recruit that has all SEC schools in top 5 and only VT? It seems that we are always in the mix along with one or more SEC school (I know Fuller is an exception). I am speaking strictly about SEC schools recruits.

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Fla State is certainly recruiting "SEC" recruits

Jul 16, 2012, 7:13 PM

and doing very well. I think Clemson offers kids something "different." The family atmosphere, the beauty of the campus, the academics (which some you poo poo). Clemson tries to offer something that other schools can't. And that is a unique and superior college experience. That you will enjoy your four or five years at Clemson and leave a better person than when you entered.

Re: Our recruiting compitition

Jul 16, 2012, 6:33 PM

You're probably only aware of prospects that Clemson is actually in the running for.....other prospects that Clemson are not a factor with are usually not even bothered with as far as reporting on them. Sort of a "out of sight, out of mind" thing....

So yes, the prospects that Clemson is in the running for are typically also being recruited by certain SEC teams as well....but there are far more prospects out there that are being recruited heavily by SEC teams, that do not have Clemson high up on their list...

Yes, probably 14x as many.***

Jul 16, 2012, 6:46 PM

Jul 16, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Our recruiting compitition ]

and the same amount for acc schools, believe it or not. check the recent nfl drafts, the acc is well represented. any kid that is concerned about athletics and academics are looking hard at acc schools. a lot of the kids in the sec, couldn't get into an acc school, and we don't invent learning disabilities just to get a kid in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2012, 9:20 PM

Hey Nick.....Probably a typo but have you ever considered spell checking? Just a thought.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bama, lsu, clemson and maybe uga***

Jul 16, 2012, 9:35 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic