Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our only hope is that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Our only hope is that

Sep 2, 2014, 4:08 PM

Gurley and Co. chew up the Coots and spit them out to feast on worse than they did to us. Otherwise, this loss is going to be 100 times worse than it already is!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How so?

Sep 2, 2014, 4:10 PM

You realize we had to play in Athens, right? Coots get them in Columbia, most likely at night. We had a ton of new starters that were thrown straight into the fire. This game is week 3 and at home for them. Trust me, the game against UGA would've been much, much different in the Valley (last year ring a bell?)

Great point...homefield advantage was evident in the 4th

Sep 2, 2014, 4:13 PM

quarter...with all of the newbies it definitely made a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something that alot of people don't realize

Sep 2, 2014, 4:16 PM

Is that crowd noise is not effective because it mentally rattles the players on the field, it is effective because the opposing team has to go with a silent cadence. The home defense is able to quickly pick up on the cadence and actually get a better jump on the ball than the offensive linemen many times. If you watched the game closely, many players, notably Ramik Wilson and Swann, were literally sprinting at the line of scrimmage and timing the snap perfectly to disrupt our backfield. These roles would've been reversed in the Valley, which was obvious last year as Beasley and co. were very quick off the line.

Re: How so?

Sep 2, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to How so? ]

Yes, I do indeed know all of that - I was at the game last year and this yr. in Athens! The post was meant to merely lighten the mood on this board a little - inject a touch of humor - rather dismal reading on TNet today. Geez - you need to lighten up a bit yourself

Whoa now

Sep 2, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to How so? ]

I was simply offering my two cents, much as you did. When you speak in hyperbole such as "100 times worse", it's difficult to know what side of the fence you stand on. If anything, I was offering a perspective to help you back off the ledge you were appearing to teeter off of.

Not sure why you would take any part of my comments as a personal attack. Carry on.

Re: Whoa now

Sep 2, 2014, 4:52 PM

Lol - none taken!! I ALWAYS stand on the side of my Tigers!!! Carry on is right!! And I still hope Gurley and Co. eat the Coots alive - it's been awfully tough living in Cola. for the last you know how many yrs. with some of these Shamer fans!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic