Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am glad we won, but where is our SPREAD offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I am glad we won, but where is our SPREAD offense?

Oct 1, 2017, 11:18 AM

Kelly Bryant carried 19 times, only passed 12 times successfully. over 70% offense calls were designed in the middle. We all know we can win the game easily if we can spread out the ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any sweeps we ran lost yardage or had minimal gains.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:24 AM

Bryant has struggled throwing screens, and when he does throw them, we don't block well. I don't see where we can SPREAD the ball out and move it well other than throw down field which we havent hit on in a couple weeks.

Cain is not the blocker on the outside that MikeWill was.***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:30 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scott was a good blocker too, although he was usually the one catching

Oct 1, 2017, 11:31 AM

The screens.

He fought harder than RR

Oct 1, 2017, 11:36 AM

but that seems a little harsh to say. RR is a good player just a different skill set. Scott was more suited to screens, I think RR might be better on the pop pass/jet sweep.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am glad we won, but where is our SPREAD offense?

Oct 1, 2017, 11:26 AM

Did we not win easily last night??

Our offense were really struggled during the second half.***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:34 AM

Re: Our offense were really struggled during the second half.***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:49 AM

This is because we were playing safe and running clock.

Re: Our offense were really struggled during the second half.***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:51 AM

Don't come in here with all your "logic" and "facts"...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:26 AM

We're 5-0 and we've won every game easily, including 3 games against top-15 opponents, 2 on the road.

Hope this helps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:27 AM

Last night there was a little thing to pay attention to: THE VIRGINIA TECH DEFENSE!!

a team has to adapt to the situation. Why do people think we intentionally take the hardest route to win the game!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 1, 2017, 11:38 AM

A win is a win is a win. I don't care if we run pewee football plays as long as we continue to win.Winning football games is a moving target. You have to be able to adapt as the game progresses and take advantage of what the opposing defense gives you. I think we did a pretty #amn good job last night and in every other game too!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another armchair coach that doesn’t understand the game.....***

Oct 1, 2017, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

There's a whole new generation

Oct 1, 2017, 11:41 AM

of armchair quarterbacks coming along like we've never seen. Not just in football either, it's everywhere. It seems the less someone knows about something, the more they question smart and experienced people to the point of determent!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I think we are just adapting to Bryant's abilities.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:41 AM

When TL gets to Clemson we will spread it out more consistently again.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:53 AM

The same people that yelled at Chad Morris for not adapting to the qb are the same ones made why we aren't spreading the ball around.. You adapt to your qb skill sets and dont put them in a position to fail.. Yhats what Scott and Elliot are doing. Our defense is our backbone allow them to get the offense more touches and as we were them down we will hit big plays. Plus were 5-0 against e top 15 teams. Gimme a break dude atop whining.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:54 AM

The same people that yelled at Chad Morris for not adapting to the qb are the same ones made why we aren't spreading the ball around.. You adapt to your qb skill sets and dont put them in a position to fail.. Yhats what Scott and Elliot are doing. Our defense is our backbone allow them to get the offense more touches and as we were them down we will hit big plays. Plus were 5-0 against e top 15 teams. Gimme a break dude atop whining.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spread was there. It's based on the option and what the QB

Oct 1, 2017, 12:07 PM

reads (my understanding). It's based on spreading out the field, they did, but chose the run option because that was what was available.

Just because we aren't throwing for 1billion yards, and 78 td's/game, doesn't mean it isn't there. It looks different with KB running it.

Re: Spread was there. It's based on the option and what the QB

Oct 1, 2017, 12:34 PM

I have some of the same questions as the original poster. however, Herbstreit mentioned the prowess of this year's offense and I'm giving him credit for knowing more than me.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic