Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our most realistic chance of playing in Atlanta is if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,833

Our most realistic chance of playing in Atlanta is if

Dec 1, 2019, 9:54 AM

uga beats LSU. Ohio state would move to number one and won't want to play a southeastern team in Atlanta. A long shot but it might happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our most realistic chance of playing in Atlanta is if

Dec 1, 2019, 10:05 AM

Then we would end up playing Georgia in Atlanta! It shouldn't be Georgia - I have to say it. Even if they win the SEC and beat LSU. Sorry, they lost at home to an unranked, non-bowl eligible team, no.
But, I could see it happening!
LSU in your scenario would drop to 4 and move Georgia to 3? We move to 2?

That puts us playing Georgia in Atlanta. LSU and Ohio State playing in the Desert?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Dec 1, 2019, 10:07 AM

UGA would then likely be #3. OSU at #1 would play in Atlanta against #4 (Utah or OU/Baylor). We'd still be out west in Arizona.

The only way I can see us playing in Atlanta is if LSU loses to UGA AND Ohio State loses to Wisconsin; thereby moving us up to #1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Dec 1, 2019, 10:10 AM

Yeah.

I think it's overwhelmingly likely we get LSU in the Fiesta.

Re: No

Dec 1, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to No ]

1 Ohio State would probably be playing 4 LSU in the Fiesta Bowl if LSU loses to UGA. The OP is correct.

Based on OP original assumption.

Dec 1, 2019, 10:25 AM

That is correct. One would think LSU would fall to #4 and Ohio State wouldn't want to play them in Atlanta.

The extra added benefit would be having Georgia and Clemson beat each other up in Atlanta!

But, come to think of it, didn't Ohio State beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl in 2014 playoffs! I don't think it matters to them. Whatever will be most convenient for their fans - which would be Atlanta.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even know where to begin...

Dec 1, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: No ]

1st off... You are assuming that LSU would fall to 4 if they lost to UGA and be in the CFP instead of a 1 loss conference champion from the Big 12 and/or Pac 12. That's a fallacy. Either UGA or LSU will be in the CFP... not both.

2nd... If OSU is #1, they're playing in Atlanta because it is much closer to Ohio. Full Stop. Let that sink in for a bit. Ohio is closer to Georgia than it is to Arizona. The only possible exception to this might be if UGA were #4 (something that is pretty much impossible) and the committee thought playing in Atlanta would be a disadvantage to Ohio State. Then, and only then, would Ohio State play in Arizona.

There is so much false information going around here. If you're going to comment on the subject, at least do a little research. Visit www.fivethirtyeight.com and play around with the different scenarios to get an idea of who will likely be in the CFP given certain situations. Then, understand how the sites are selected by the committee to give an advantage to the #1 seed. The actual text of their directive on site selection has been posted on TNet ad nauseam the past few weeks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:in that scenario

Dec 1, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to No ]

OSU and Utah would likely play in the West. Just guessing of course.

Dec 1, 2019, 10:39 AM

What is both OSU and LSU win squeakers and we dominate? Any chance we move to #1?

Dec 1, 2019, 10:47 AM

If LSU loses to UGA this would be the playoffs:

LSU vs Auburn in Fiesta Bowl
Georgia vs Bama in Peach Bowl

At lest that is the way the CFP wants it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic