Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour....

Aug 24, 2017, 3:47 PM

Last time I heard we were in the to 5, now we are barely in top 15. No announcement at cookout, I'm sure no immediate danger but I remembered the euphoric feeling post 1981 Championship turn to crap. It is a reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour....

Aug 24, 2017, 3:51 PM

What are you talking about? We only have a few spots and we have the 1st and 3rd rated players and 5 in the top 250. Our average for each recruit is top 3. Com'on man!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 24, 2017, 3:51 PM

I think a lot of recruits are not willing to compete for the starting position, and are used to just being on the 1 squad always without fighting for it. At CLEMSON, they must compete, but the reward is awesome IMO. We have 2's and 3's that can start on most teams. Life is different at CLEMSON than it was 10 years ago.

Re: Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour....***

Aug 24, 2017, 3:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

We have the same number of 5-star commitments for 2018

Aug 24, 2017, 3:54 PM

as the entire SEC conference.

Edited to add source: http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

Message was edited by: 78Clemson00®

Aug 24, 2017, 3:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

whats in the bag renegade?***

Aug 24, 2017, 3:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Paint.***

Aug 24, 2017, 3:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Paint.***

Aug 24, 2017, 4:32 PM

Thanks for the laugh Renegade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour.... ]

When you have a good team with only 10 seniors, several are not scholarship players, you don't have a lot of scholarships to offer. That's the reason the Tigers are ranked lower than you expect. To me, it is great to have a nationally ranked team comprised of mostly underclassmen. Says even more about next year. And the next!

Aug 24, 2017, 3:58 PM

You might expect for your pulse to turn sour now too lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2017, 4:00 PM

Aug 24, 2017, 4:03 PM

You do realize we won the national championship with a ton of 3 star players? Big Ben, cordrea , jadar, Taylor hearn, van Smith, Ryan Carter, Jordan legget. Hunter renfrow was a 1 star.

Aug 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

Not really relevant to the initial topic, but what is with this myth that Ben Boulware was a 3* prospect? I've heard this said several times about him, but he was a consensus 4* recruit and an Under Armour All-American.

null

It doesn't fit their narrative.***

Aug 24, 2017, 5:36 PM

Aug 24, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Our fortunes in recruiting have turned sour.... ]

You might want to check that about Boulware...he was a consensus 4 star:
https://www.tigernet.com/recruit/Ben-Boulware-1575

Aug 24, 2017, 5:40 PM

For some strange reason I knew the eclipse was going to bring bad luck for us but I had no idea what it would be until I read this thread. I wish now the eclipse could have been rescheduled for sometime after national signing day.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess I'll burn my season tickets then...***

Aug 24, 2017, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

WAIT sell me your Awburn tickets first...tia in advance

Aug 24, 2017, 4:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty obvious that your knowledge of college

Aug 24, 2017, 4:12 PM

football recruiting is top notch. You clearly know your stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 24, 2017, 4:17 PM

Clearly we should have 4 of the top three players in the country instead of just 2.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Was this a drive-by? Sure fits the crys-tearia of a cootish

Aug 24, 2017, 4:19 PM

drive-by.

Aug 24, 2017, 4:43 PM

You don't pay very much attention to Clemson recruiting do you? '82 and '83 were great Clemson teams. Recruiting took a hit because of probation. Our recruiting is top notch again this year though the rankings will not show how good our class is because it is such a small class. Do your homework bro. Misses are part of the process and recruiting misses are something this staff has overcome time and time again to get the players they need in order to develop them into CHAMPIONS then send them to the NFL. It's nothing new it's been happening for years.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

The NOT Post of The Day***

Aug 24, 2017, 4:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our? You a coot?***

Aug 24, 2017, 4:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

So, chicken

Aug 24, 2017, 4:58 PM

Little, the sky is falling?

Lol***

Aug 24, 2017, 5:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On signing day 2017 we had 10 spots for 2018

Aug 24, 2017, 7:10 PM

And Coach Swinney made a point to tell everyone we only had 10 spots. Now we have a few more now but not many and we have 11 commitments, so not a lot news.

Aug 24, 2017, 9:10 PM

In 1981 we were staring down a major probation announcement after winning the NC.

Most of those rankings are based on quantity, when quality

Aug 24, 2017, 9:25 PM

is much more important. We can't play the quantity game when we only have 12-14 schollies available. Look at the average score per recruit, instead of those volume rankings.

All is well!

Aug 24, 2017, 9:30 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiE8enonfHVAhXFyyYKHZgLC7sQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2Fjtwr8je&psig=AFQjCNE7haRa4M0R8gaHdM6yEbypY0sauA&ust=1503710850583767

Aug 24, 2017, 9:37 PM

I think we got the ones we wanted the most. I would love to get a couple of those stud O-linemen, but if not, we will be ok.

P!ss off

Aug 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

Stupid comment. Trolling or just super negative. Either way, get a life.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic