Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our fan base
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Our fan base

Jul 11, 2012, 4:15 PM

Clemson has been renowned as an extremely welcoming fan base outside of game time, but I feel like we've become almost "too nice" to a point where the friendliness may spill into the stadium somewhat.

I think we need to be adamant about making the in-game experience as much of a living h3ll for our opponents as we can and really make sure the "Death" part stays in "Death Valley". We haven't lost our fire yet, but we need to keep making the environment better and more hostile if we want to keep our reputation as one of the toughest places to play in the country.

I'm not saying to start fist-fights or throw things at opposing fans, but there is no reason to make them feel comfortable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our fan base

Jul 11, 2012, 4:18 PM

Sometimes I get to drunk I don't know who to pull for!

Put all the Woo Hooers

Jul 11, 2012, 5:08 PM

in the section next to the visitors...duh...

Re: Put all the Woo Hooers

Jul 11, 2012, 7:32 PM

So you are saying to put all the ghey's in one section:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should stay home.***

Jul 11, 2012, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Our fan base ]

I think you're off base here a little.....

Jul 11, 2012, 4:20 PM

I see no problem with being hospitable to visiting fans and how that affects the intensity and the atomosphere in the stadium. The "fear" of visiting team playing at Clemson will come from the beat down the receive on the field and the noise made from the stands making it impossible for them to hear. That noise doesn't have to be cursing, rude or inappropriate behavior, just LOUD!

Re: I think you're off base here a little.....

Jul 11, 2012, 4:25 PM

I'm not necessarily saying cursing is needed. But if I'm in front of the fan of an opposing team I'm not sitting down the entire game, I'm going to be constantly loud, and I'm probably going to make snide comments about their team/players/coaches loud enough for them to hear.

Re: I think you're off base here a little.....

Jul 11, 2012, 4:27 PM

I don't see a problem with a fan base being hostile during the game but don't over do it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but I just think

Jul 11, 2012, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you're off base here a little..... ]

it makes more of an impact on the opposing team when everyone is just yelling rather than shouting "your momma's fat 83".

Breaking a little wind won't hurt either.***

Jul 11, 2012, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you're off base here a little..... ]

Why?

Jul 11, 2012, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you're off base here a little..... ]

I'm not saying you can't do those things, but I'm at a loss as to why, other than the final score, you'd actively want opposing fans' trips to be unenjoyable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:those snide comments can lead to trouble.***

Jul 11, 2012, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you're off base here a little..... ]

I agree. Penthouse, don't be a doooosh.

Jul 12, 2012, 12:23 PM

Their are kids at the games, and rightly so. We complain about Miami's fan base for this reason. Would you want some drunkard making snide comments at your wife during a game? It takes a fun sporting event to a place it doesn't need to go.

There is NOT a fine line between being a hostile place for visiting teams and a hostile place for visiting fans. One is fantastic, and the other is West Virginia or Hawaii. C'mon man.

Loud ? obnoxious or rude....***

Jul 11, 2012, 4:34 PM [ in reply to I think you're off base here a little..... ]

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Well said!***

Jul 11, 2012, 4:59 PM [ in reply to I think you're off base here a little..... ]

In my experience, even as an athlete, I ALWAYS competed

Jul 11, 2012, 4:39 PM

harder against my friends. Since I ran track I got to meet and become friends with many athletes from opposing schools. When football season rolled around and we competed against each other again, I ALWAYS found myself going harder and pushing myself to beat those teams more.

As I have gotten older, I have always remembered that, and try to take that attitude as a fan.

am I loud? do i stand? do i cheer for my team? Absolutely, but I dont make an ### of myself (anymore)

Take your ques from the players, many of which have close friends on opposing teams as well. They compete as hard as they can between the whistles, but show sportsmanship and friendship to each other.

Jul 11, 2012, 4:44 PM

Death Valley refers to competition on the field!! Not rude wanta be's in the stands.

I think you should win or lose with class. I am not saying

Jul 11, 2012, 5:24 PM

you cant be loud and talk a little trash but this is not cocksmokers nation. We actually have some class.

Clemson has and should continue to be a place that fans

Jul 11, 2012, 6:02 PM

can come and enjoy the game. Surely you don't actually think that a Clemson fan being hospitable to a GT fan has any bearing on the game? If your theory worked then UGA would be undefeated at home every year. Wonder how we succeeded in the 80's?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just need to stand up & git rowdy with our voices & hands...

Jul 11, 2012, 6:19 PM

and let the Tigers know we're behind them big-time...and let the opponent know we're not behind them at all.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think our fans are nice,try standing up at a game.

Jul 11, 2012, 7:07 PM

You'll see how nice some of these ahole Clemson fans are.

Re: If you think our fans are nice,try standing up at a game.

Jul 12, 2012, 12:42 PM

Consider this. Some fans are not able to stand the whole game. My wife has bad knees and feet. last game she went to, she was cursed by Clemson fans for asking them to sit down or shift over so she could see. They told her to stand the f*** up or go the h*** home. Before I could do anything, one of the stadium security heard him and we never saw him again. I was at Duke one year and there was this elderly couple (80's at least) sitting near me in Duke gear. Two drunks in Clemson gear were cursing them and telling them about how sorry Duke was. Thankfully they left, and I apologized to them. Their comments-- the woman said "that's ok , every school has its share of a$$h****.

Jul 12, 2012, 1:19 PM

That's not the people I'm talking about.I will always make sure an elderly person can see...as long as they are not rude to start with,then I'll just ignore them.it's the drunk ,lazy rednecks screaming to fire Dabo and for everyone to sit down so they can see.They are always the first to use profanity as well.
If the elderly are in regular seats and can't stand up,I suggest trying the handicapped section.

Jul 12, 2012, 8:46 PM

Don't talk about bluecaddy like that when he is not in the room

Jul 12, 2012, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think our fans are nice,try standing up at a game. ]

Im gonna tell ya right now, it would be a bad day for someone if they cussed my wife, or any other family for that matter. That is crossing the line right there.

At least it sounds like we have some decent security.

Jul 11, 2012, 7:30 PM

Agree with almost all of what you are saying. Just that we should never be rude to the opposing fans unless they are being rude to our fans. If they are being rude to us in our house, then its gloves off. But trying to keep their team rattled through the whole game is a must no mater who we are playing. Now I do wish that if we get a good team behind by 2 or 3 TDs, that Dabo will floor it until 4 or 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. And no third team players until then!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the difference between Clemson and NC State fans ...

Jul 12, 2012, 12:29 PM

Clemson and NC State have so much in common on many, many levels, but fortunately (IMHO) Clemson has a reputation for making opposing fans feel welcome even as our team beats them on the field.

I want opposing fans to leave losers on the field, but I want them to say that they still enjoyed their experience at Clemson. I don't ever want to gain the reputation that the NC State fanbase has ...

Just sayin'

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets not lower ourselves to usuck or ncst levels..........

Jul 12, 2012, 12:37 PM

Clemson fans should ALWAYS show respect towards visiting fans---in fact, our fans our renowned world-wide for doing just that----because thats the way WE'D want to be treated when we visit another teams stadium. Being polite and nice and engaging in friendly football-related conversation is a hallmark of Clemson hospitality

Once inside the stadium, all bets are off. Cheer, boo the other team or officials (NEVER BOO THE TIGERS), scream, make as much noise as possible and celebrate every good play by the Tigers.

Oh, forgot..................

NO WOO-HOOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets not lower ourselves to usuck or ncst levels..........

Jul 12, 2012, 12:38 PM

Clemson fans should ALWAYS show respect towards visiting fans---in fact, our fans our renowned world-wide for doing just that----because thats the way WE'D want to be treated when we visit another teams stadium. Being polite and nice and engaging in friendly football-related conversation is a hallmark of Clemson hospitality

Once inside the stadium, all bets are off. Cheer, boo the other team or officials (NEVER BOO THE TIGERS), scream, make as much noise as possible and celebrate every good play by the Tigers.

Oh, forgot..................

NO WOO-HOOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2012, 12:40 PM

I believe the idea is to make it a living #### for the team on the field whose performance matters, not for the opposing fans who have come to enjoy a game in the greatest stadium on earth. If they're polite to me, I'll be polite to them. Not saying we're gonna swap phone numbers afterwards or anything, but I'm not going out of my way to be an a-hole to someone just because of the color shirt they're wearing. I have no problem making their team wish they'd been born deaf, however.

Disclaimer: This does not apply to Gamecock fans unless I know them personally. About the best I'll give a Carolina fan at Death Valley is a silent, steely stare. And I might say "sorry" if I bump into them. That's about it.

fist-fights

Jul 12, 2012, 12:53 PM

should be last resort

I can see why you'd feel that way after ...

Jul 12, 2012, 3:11 PM

what happened in your last cage match.

Has that guy you were up against regained consciousness yet??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but why did he....

Jul 12, 2012, 8:36 PM

continue to "WOOOO"

Absolutely not. I will never try to make an opposing fan's

Jul 12, 2012, 12:55 PM

Visit unenjoyable. It's not the Clemson way. Have you ever heard amyone praise Maryland fans? No...because their behavior is childish and not respectable.

Don't kid yourself...you are not helping Clemson or our team if you act like a jerk to opposing fans. You're just making yourself feel good. Let opposing fans buy tickets from Clemson and enjoy one of the best atmospheres in college football.

null

100% agree...

Jul 12, 2012, 8:41 PM

Its all jabbing on message boards and of course we talk smack....but to make death valley an environment where a family of the opposing team cant enjoy themselves (even while being dominated :)) then i would be disappointed in our fan base

and to add to the point...

Jul 12, 2012, 8:46 PM

Imagine how embarassing it would be if our fans "racial" slurs about a korean player winning mvp of CWS prompted him to take to social media and say "i will never visit the state of SC".....leave that crap to the coots. It suits them better

Explain how that would help us win on the field***

Jul 12, 2012, 1:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic