Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USA! USA! USA!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

USA! USA! USA!

Jun 26, 2014, 8:30 AM

Today we bring ze fight to ze Germans!! Just win baby!!! If America wins we will likely face Putin and mother Russia in the round of 16.

I'm going to call it right now: USA wins, then smokes Russia so bad they give back Crimea and send Snowden home!!

I believe that we will win!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it still in both team's best interest to tie?***

Jun 26, 2014, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is it still in both team's best interest to tie?***

Jun 26, 2014, 8:43 AM

Tie and both teams advance. So basically all they need to do is kick ball around for 93 min

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

game theory would suggest it's no bueno for either team

Jun 26, 2014, 8:45 AM

to try & win if doing so means they risk not tying?

ok, and thanks jfb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and no--read this interesting article

Jun 26, 2014, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: is it still in both team's best interest to tie?*** ]

http://screamer.deadspin.com/why-germany-wont-hand-the-u-s-a-draw-1594823103/+GregHoward1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's one way to put "interesting" and soccer in the same

Jun 26, 2014, 8:49 AM

conversation.

Good article about the German scandal

Jun 26, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Yes and no--read this interesting article ]

I didn't know that was the origin for playing all the games at the same time. What a perfect response by FIFA to end dishonorable match fixing. BTW, all the final games in in Europe are played at the same time on the last day. It creates ton of excitement, i.e. Manchester City over Manchester United 2012. And for 74Tiger and the haters who can't stand to see our nations success, I'm glad you aren't watching. It's annoying explaining the concepts of soccer to the older generation. Soccer is actually far simpler than football.

USA! USA! USA!

it's even more annoying watching a "younger" generation

Jun 26, 2014, 10:14 AM

nash teeth over a boring endeavor & i've seen no one who can't "stand seeing our nations[sic] success".

it's typical young person hater theory to suggest it & i have little patience for the "inexperienced" that fall back on it.

Uh oh. The Tnet police have arrived

Jun 26, 2014, 10:18 AM

Quite down. Stop talking about soccer. Let's change the topic to baseball or how jealous we are of the SEC.

i'm sorry, are you daft or more typical "inexperienced"

Jun 26, 2014, 10:23 AM

idiocy?

now i asked for you to "stop talking about soccer"? please. maybe we should throw you back in the pond and wait till you grow up? you're no wall hanger.

Our discourse is only proving

Jun 26, 2014, 10:30 AM

Who is the bigger toddler. Now that I have your attention I would
Like to say have a good day and go USA!!

did you make stinky? it smells like you made stinky.

Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 AM

i see you're a heck of a back peddler on that tricycle. you like to throw out "assumptions" then when you're called to task you move the conversation, which is typical.

go USA! never any question about that.

I've been cyber bullied by the AARP

Jun 26, 2014, 11:01 AM

I'll need counseling for sure. Dr. Phil can you help me?

hey, you didn't need me to make you look stoopid, but

Jun 26, 2014, 11:02 AM

i'm here to help.

You really wont let it go will you

Jun 26, 2014, 11:08 AM

Big man on the Tnet block? Were the kid in school who took the lunch money or the one who got the wedgie? Since you live in the Tnet world go ahead and flame one back. Defend you Tnet honor.

i was commending you for a job well done... you keep

Jun 26, 2014, 11:15 AM

coming back for more? i'm sorry, but you can't rape the willing and you're taking it to a whole new level of playing the victim. makes no sense, but typical is as typical does.

doc phil have you on hold?

Can we end this in a Draw and advance out of the group?

Jun 26, 2014, 11:19 AM

I really don't try to pi$$ people off but my wife says it just comes naturally. Its the undeniable trait of a smart a$$

draw? you need a good cut man. you want to play smartazz,

Jun 26, 2014, 11:25 AM

well fine, i'm your huckleberry, but leaving your assumptions at the door would help it not go so poorly for you next time.

you're "young", nothing wrong with that, but it usually comes with inexperience, which seems to be your case.

pigs of wife?

I can keep this going all day guy

Jun 26, 2014, 11:32 AM

but I have to get back to life because I have one.

i can burying you all day guy, but it's boring...

Jun 26, 2014, 11:33 AM

just like watching soccer.

Re:is it still in both team's best interest to tie? and this

Jun 26, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: is it still in both team's best interest to tie?*** ]

is why I have no use for the sport. wins should be rewarded not ties and not goals. I will not be watching today

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:is it still in both team's best interest to tie? and this

Jun 26, 2014, 11:20 AM

Better idea would be to have a guy kick a field goal to win a game like in football?

Re: is it still in both team's best interest to tie?***

Jun 26, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: is it still in both team's best interest to tie?*** ]

God I hope that's not what happens, go all out or don't go at all!!!!!

Beats the heck out of "SEC! SEC! SEC!"

Jun 26, 2014, 9:17 AM

that ESPiN always yell.

Since I am at work, let me know how often ESPiN says SEC during their commentary during the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic