Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our best golfer Nimmer is playing terrible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Our best golfer Nimmer is playing terrible

May 27, 2019, 8:58 PM

and pressing & just showing negative vives!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our best golfer Nimmer is playing terrible

May 27, 2019, 9:00 PM

Yep. Been great all year but never experienced anything like this when the lights came on, camera following you and all. He’ll learn from this and even more prepared for the pga.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 9:05 PM

Yep - negative vibes too ... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 27, 2019, 9:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

you Should post less

May 27, 2019, 9:07 PM

If at all

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 9:08 PM

really nice how a certain group in here cant wait to pounce at the 1st sign of adversity. really sad group.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 9:11 PM

Thanks. I personally know Bryson very well. Played with my son. He is not a long ball hitter and that hole is a 290 carry. Won more tournaments this year than any other Clemson golfer in history. Four time all-acc and you want to bash the kid. Amazing

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 9:22 PM

Nimmer played great all year and finished with a lot of career wins and you can't take that away from him but it sucks that he couldn't step up on the biggest stage when it counts. Good luck to him chasing them dream of he wants to be on tour.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His father and uncle both played at Clemson, too

May 28, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Our best golfer Nimmer is playing terrible ]

My brother was teammates with both of them; great family

May 27, 2019, 9:11 PM

The thing is is that we will miss Bryson Nimmer immensely next season with what he has accomplished in his playing career as a member of the Clemson Golf team.He carried the team just about all season long on his back and that showed in 68.97 stroke average compared to everyone elses over 71 stroke average

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 9:25 PM

No doubt about it. They all played great and I can promise he’s hurting more than anybody. It wasn’t just him. It’s a team sport...

These are just kids and going into a playoff, you see it all the time in professional golf. It’s a different game when you know what’s at stake, got cameras following you etc.

Something none have really faced. A great building block for the team. What a tournament the young freshman had. I’m sure Bryson put a ton of pressure on himself... more than was needed. I would hope no one would have anything negative to say about any of the players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 8:38 AM

Please stop posting. Get a life. Get out some.

That's why it is a team sport

May 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

One man can't carry the team all season; give the kid a break

So, a vive is a negative vibe?

May 28, 2019, 8:47 AM

Making shure I add the right thing to my TNet Dickshunairy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, you were kerrect, he surely did not play like a #1 who

May 28, 2019, 8:50 AM

is on the verge of turning pro. He is a much better player than that. There would be no PGA Tour in the future of the guy who played this tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Nimmers are A Wonderful Family near you.

May 28, 2019, 10:37 AM

I'm sure they would like to hear your opinion in a personal setting.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 28, 2019, 11:23 AM

As many others have posted, Bryson is a great kid and meant so much to this program. He ran into a course that did not suit his game and struggled, but as was mentioned earlier one saved stroke by any player on this team would have avoided the play-off. It was not on the shoulders of any one player. I am sure all of them will look back and think of one mistake that could have been avoided. But that is the nature of golf!

I think this team may have really overachieved, as our younger players all looked like ..... well younger players. I think they will learn from this experience and be much more prepared for it next year. One thing we need is more depth, where the guys wanting to make the starting five will put more pressure on starters to keep sharp. I have a good friend who played on the 1975 (or 76 I think) Florida national championship team. He said their second five players probably could have finished second in the NCAA's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic