Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! PLEASE Watch the 2016 CU/Pitt Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Wow! PLEASE Watch the 2016 CU/Pitt Game

Nov 30, 2018, 3:02 AM

Clemson is 0 & 2 vs Pitt (lifetime).

In 2016, we had so many chances to win. Deshaun had well over 500 yards passing & 3 TDs - but - 3 INTs. 1 wasn't his fault, but 2 hurt us - especially 1 late in the 4th from the Pitt 4. Deshaun forces 1 into coverage & it's taken from Pitt's endzone back 70 yards (leading to the last Pitt TD that made it 42-40 - - failed 2-point try).

After, we had a late drive that stalled on the Pitt 30-35. Had 2 downs to make 1 yard & convert but failed - turned over on downs. Pitt drives & we had 'em stopped - then 1 of TWO BIG phantom calls on us - this 1 was a P.I. that kept drive alive & moved Pitt into field goal range & the winning 3-pointer - 48-yarder w/:08sec left & the win.

The 2 phantom calls were huge & cost us points. The other was an unnecessary roughness called on Boulware that totally was NOT there. Dabo blew his stack!

Pitt came into the Valley w/a 5&4 record & knocked off #2 CU. That Pitt shovel pass killed us. Too many chunk plays allowed by us. The phantom calls killed us. The INTs killed us.

Renfrow was brilliant in the game. Great work by Mike Williams. Pitt took away the run - but we still got plenty of bubbles to Gallman, so he got yards & 2 TDs.

Could have - should have won. Just too many missed chances & fighting some horrible refs. Pitt played way above their talent level.

We just came up 1-point short. Got caught in a "perfect storm."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! PLEASE Watch the 2016 CU/Pitt Game

Nov 30, 2018, 7:03 AM

WOW!WHAT purpose does it do to watch a game that has "NO BEARING WHAT SO EVER WITH THE GAME THIS SATURDAY?
Does it matter that we are 0-2 against them lifetime when most of the key players are no longer there?
Granted, Renfro is still here, BUT;
Is DeShaun playing? That would be NO!
Is Boulware playing? That would be NO!
Is Gallman playing? Or would you rather have him back in exchange for Etienne, or Feaster?
We lost that game. So what. Teams lose games that, on paper, they are supposed to win.
Dabo and his staff have probably studied this game somewhat, but I suspect they are looking at more film from this year Pitt team, not the one that beat us two years ago.

geez Birdie, take another Xanax, first one not working***

Nov 30, 2018, 7:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: geez Birdie, take another Xanax, first one not working***

Nov 30, 2018, 7:19 AM

My Psychiatrist took me off all medications last week and ordered me a straight jacket so I couldn't type anymore. That didn't work either.

Re: geez Birdie, take another Xanax, first one not working***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:12 AM

You should have used ALL CAPS, as that helps some people cope with winning so often, by huge margins on top of that. :) HTH

Our QB threw for 500+? NOT a loss...contact the NCAA***

Nov 30, 2018, 7:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our QB threw for 500+? NOT a loss...contact the NCAA***

Nov 30, 2018, 7:47 AM

I bet the SEC didn’t vote him player of the week either!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 7:53 AM

We have more talent, more depth, a more balanced offense, a better offensive line, AND James Connor now plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Take a deep breath! :)

Nov 30, 2018, 9:06 AM

Ignore the wisecracks. It’s smart to remember this game. I’m sure BV has dissected it thoroughly and is not taking it lightly at all. We may be a far better team on paper and performance to date, but there’s a reason you play the game. Learn from mistakes and leave no doubt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic