Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT beat Pitt, UNC, canes, ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

VT beat Pitt, UNC, canes, ND

Nov 28, 2016, 1:14 PM

Lost to GT, and Syracuse.
Kind of a mixed bag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT beat Pitt, UNC, canes, ND

Nov 28, 2016, 1:18 PM

Even we still don't know how good we really are haha. Sometimes we look like the Patriots and sometimes we look like Kansas.

Link to where the turkeys EVER looked like the Patriots?***

Nov 28, 2016, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

www.google.com. Type in "Hyperbole". Read.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:24 PM

Yeah. Go to google. Type in hyperbole and read the definition.

I already know the definition as I do for all rhetorical

Nov 28, 2016, 1:32 PM

devices. I'm an educated man. Here's what's not hyperbole, we bout to stomp a mudhole in y'all's a$$es

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I already know the definition as I do for all rhetorical***

Nov 28, 2016, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I already know the definition as I do for all rhetorical

Nov 28, 2016, 2:14 PM [ in reply to I already know the definition as I do for all rhetorical ]

Be nice.
The hokie came here on friendly terms.

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen

Nov 28, 2016, 2:24 PM

the hokies are a fan base that I cannot be nice to. They've earned that distinction honestly.

Thank you. Just love discussing football. Every fan base

Nov 28, 2016, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I already know the definition as I do for all rhetorical ]

has bad apples. I like to think VT and Clemson are two of the best fanbases in the country and I've never had an experience that made me think otherwise.

Does someone want to breakdown Virginia Tech

Nov 28, 2016, 1:20 PM

and the ACCCG? I would love to read a good analysis of both. TIA.

Re: Does someone want to breakdown Virginia Tech

Nov 28, 2016, 1:31 PM

TheKeyPlay.com is a great website to read if you want in depth analysis on VT.

Short summary of our team:

Offense has been rolling this year. JUCO transfer Jerod Evans has been one of the best newcomers in the country this year and his numbers are very similar to DW4's. Our top 3 receivers are as good (not better than) as anyone in the country, but after that there is a significant drop off. Running back has been a big concern has Jerod leads the team in rushing.

Defense has had a big time bounce back year ranking in the top 20 in pretty much every major statistical category. Woody Baron has 5 more TFL than any other interior lineman in the country and DE Ken Ekanem is one of the best in the ACC. Linebacker play has improved tremendously and our DB's have been lights out down the stretch. I believe VT has the most complete defense Clemson has seen since Auburn.

Special teams play has been excellent as well. Joey Slye, our kicker, leads the ACC and we have blocked multiple kicks throughout the season.

On paper, Clemson is much more talented and has more depth. However, If Clemson isn't sharp, VT can make them pay.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:39 PM

Thank you

How's the O-Line? Have they faced anything like they are going to see from our D-Line?

And will you be one-dimensional without a running threat

Legit questions (haven't seen VT play) not being difficult...

Our O-line has been solid. I wouldn't say they're world

Nov 28, 2016, 1:46 PM

beaters, but they have been consistent. Wyatt Teller our left guard is a former Army All-American and is a bulldozer. I don't think they've seen anything like Clemson's front 7. There was a ton of hype about Tennessee's front seven (lol), but they were nothing like Clemson's.

I think the biggest concern for Tech is if we're going to be one-dimensional. Our run game is a weak point. Fuente is going to have to use quick passes and misdirection early to try and get Clemson's front 7 off balance. If he can't do that, then it could be a long night.

Nov 28, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Does someone want to breakdown Virginia Tech ]

Against the second worst division in the power 5. And one of your losses came against the dead weight of the first worst division in the power 5. Nothing like playing chump change to boost those stats.

Nov 28, 2016, 2:43 PM

I mean that's your opinion. I'm not here to argue. VT is a good team when they show up, which we've done 9 times. We're a bad team when we don't show up which is what we've done 3 times. We'll have to play near perfect to compete with Clemson.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Does someone want to breakdown Virginia Tech ]

Check back with http://www.seldomusedreserve.com/ later. Nothing right now, but they usually have some good preview content of upcoming games.

Sounds kinda like Clemson under Bowden....

Nov 28, 2016, 1:41 PM

Very inconsistent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Sounds kinda like Clemson under Bowden....

Nov 28, 2016, 2:13 PM

My thoughts exactly. But I did not want to bring up the "B" word.
:)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic