Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tech uses late TD to overcome Clemson, 21-17
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Oct 18, 2008, 9:46 PM

Dabo Swinney loses first game as interim Clemson head coach, but players appear to have bought into Swinney's leadership. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our D played well enough most of the time. We are not good

Oct 18, 2008, 9:50 PM

on third and long. Seems we're better whn the other team has 5 or less.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tech uses late TD to overcome Clemson, 21-17

Oct 18, 2008, 10:16 PM

a 310 yard pass is quite impressive.

I've never been prouder of a Clemson team. Go Tigers!

Oct 19, 2008, 2:09 AM

Considering the coaching change 5 days ago and the horrible distractions this week, I thought that the team and the coaches performed admirably. It took the offense a while to get the jitters out. And mistakes were made. But the Tigers played with an attitude (and playbook) that I haven't seen in a while. That was a good game between two good teams. One team had to lose. Both teams can hold their heads high.

I won't be surprised if this team wins out.

Go Tigers! 9-4!

this is a problem at clemson...proud of losing

Oct 19, 2008, 2:13 AM

we should have won on talent alone...same for md/wf.

fans have to be hungry again and want to win and be disappointed when we lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is a problem at clemson...proud of losing

Oct 19, 2008, 4:02 AM

proud of losing? What game was you watching? The Tigers Played with a passion I haven't seen in several years and if mot for a bogus call that i am sure everyone seen clearly was not holding I feel the Tigers would have won today. Coach Sweeney is just what the Tigers need a young coach with a hunger to unify his team and win. You will see in up coming weeks a Tiger team that deserved to be in the top 10. There were too many injuries for the Tigers today and key players out. My vote is Keep Sweeney and get Bobby bentley from PC to be Off. Cord.

Amen! We're too happy with moral victories and beating coots

Oct 19, 2008, 7:04 AM [ in reply to this is a problem at clemson...proud of losing ]

As long as the mentality is to be proud of narrow losses and rejoice in our usual, annual victory over the coots, we will remain a mediocre (at best) football program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im not happy, but we did make a step forward...

Oct 19, 2008, 11:56 AM [ in reply to this is a problem at clemson...proud of losing ]

and thats really all you could ask for in this situation

Proud of team, not happy about loss. Read before commenting.***

Oct 19, 2008, 12:37 PM [ in reply to this is a problem at clemson...proud of losing ]

Oct 19, 2008, 10:10 AM

To say Death Valley was electric Sat. would be an understatement ! How about Coach coming down "The Hill" ? I think we have something to look forward to now . Go Tigers

Oct 19, 2008, 2:08 PM

That was the most solid orange I have seen at Death Valley since the 'Solid Orange' concept was implemented. I think it showed a newly unified Tiger fan base.

It should have been 17-7 Clemson.

Oct 19, 2008, 4:38 PM

Obviously, no one is happy about a loss, but I can say that losing to a now ranked top 25, 6-1 GT team who's only loss came to a ranked Virginia Tech is not embarrassing in any way. Having only 3 and a half days to prepare, I think we played exceptional especially in the second half which we have not been able to do all season. Losing the starting QB in the first quarter who you based your entire plan of attack around, and Still producing after half time shows that the new offense can adapt to changes. For once, Play Calling had nothing to do with that loss. Key injuries and 6 (yes, 6!) Turnovers commited by players( NOT Coaches ) is the reason for the loss. I like Dabo a lot and his coaching was great! He put us in the position to win and players did not pull through. If anyone noticed he gave Ford an earful after Ford droped a pass trying to run before he made the catch. Little things like that, and actually riding in the bus with the players, Rubbing and Kissing the Rock, High Fiving players as they Run off the field. I am super excited about what he can do with 2 weeks to prepare. Dabo has Clemson Tradition at heart along side a great coaching attitude. Even if he cannot win every game this year, I understand looking for another coach because you have to win in this business. Dabo is great for our Spirit and I can only hope that if we do get another coach, that he will care, and give as much enthusiasm as Dabo Does. Great effort, Great atmosphere, and Great Coaching(given the circumstances) against a quality opponent!!! GOOO TIGERS!

Re: It should have been 17-7 Clemson.

Oct 19, 2008, 10:51 PM

I too believe we have stepped in right direction. In any event, change from Coach Bowden was necessary.

Overall I saw improvements, but we still have clock management issues. W/ 5 mins to go and we get the ball back and w/ a senior QB and a senior RB we take full 40 seconds to run even simple plays off, and the last time was taken at the wrong time. These small things matter. i love the team's enthusiasm and coach's fire, but some cool, calculated decision making still seems lacking - esp. clock mgt that coaches can do. (yes, they can not control the 6 turnovers, 2 of them to end halves do not really count though.)

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic