Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I watched a lot of ACC basketball this year. Thoughts on Coach..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I watched a lot of ACC basketball this year. Thoughts on Coach..

Mar 12, 2015, 3:17 PM

IMHO we have one of the least talented teams in the ACC. I thought BB done the best coaching job he could do. Rod Hall had no help and we got the most out of him. Blossimgame is a nice player to build on. Honestly where do you think we rank in conference talent? I personally think it's somewhere around 13th out 15 and we finished 8th. Maybe lower than that. I think he knows he has to get better players. I think he gets the most out of what he has.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you explain 6-4 in the ACC with wins

Mar 12, 2015, 3:20 PM

@ Pitt and @ NCSU, plus wins over LSU and ARK..

a schedule that set up for 10-8 or 11-7 in the ACC at that point...

then a 2-7 finish?

Not disagreeing with you... just wondering how you square that

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: how do you explain 6-4 in the ACC with wins

Mar 12, 2015, 3:51 PM

We shot well a few games there but overall we are not great shooters which means there is no consistency over the long haul. In other words we played for a few games over our heads. We simply did not have the talent to win the 8 games we won in the ACC. Brownell always overachieves based on talent.

BUT.........talent level is his responsibility as the HC.***

Mar 12, 2015, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how do you explain 6-4 in the ACC with wins

Mar 12, 2015, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: how do you explain 6-4 in the ACC with wins ]

I would add that Rod Hall, the most consistent player all year, nearly every year he has been at Clemson, got worn down. That hurt as well.

We faded down the stretch...No doubt about that...Lack

Mar 12, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to how do you explain 6-4 in the ACC with wins ]

of a clear cut go to guy hurt us and I think Rod wore down and nobody else stepped up consistently. Truthfully, I don't think we were really a 10/11 win team in the conference no matter how the schedule set up

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got to change his recruiting philosophy....

Mar 12, 2015, 3:33 PM

at least to a certain extent.

Recruiting tenacious defenders is fine but if you can't put the ball in the basket, you ain't gonna win many games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

....you see we're trying to win games 4-2 or 2-0....maybe

Mar 12, 2015, 4:32 PM

10-8....don't need a lot of scoring....going to lock them down on defense...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That worked-out real well for us yesterday huh !?!?!

Mar 12, 2015, 4:49 PM

We let one friggin's guy score 30 on us by himself.

We scored over 70 yesterday....I believe we were within a

Mar 12, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to ....you see we're trying to win games 4-2 or 2-0....maybe ]

point of Oliver's average, so there is that

Re: He's got to change his recruiting philosophy....

Mar 12, 2015, 5:36 PM [ in reply to He's got to change his recruiting philosophy.... ]

The question is how do you bring a shooter to Clemson. There have been some but they were fringe, project guys in every other aspect of thier game.

Re: He's got to change his recruiting philosophy....

Mar 13, 2015, 6:40 AM [ in reply to He's got to change his recruiting philosophy.... ]

I think Mrs. B finally woke him up to that fact now. I, too, don't see why we can't recruit a first rate shooting guard. All the pitch has to be is, you can go elsewhere and just be the latest in a long line, or you can come here and be the star that changes History. With the big heads some of these kids have anyway, they would lap it up like SEC Koolaid!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We missed KJ big time and our guys are young.***

Mar 12, 2015, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young has nothing to do with being able to shoot the ball

Mar 12, 2015, 3:38 PM

We have no shooters. Period. You have got to be able to score the basketball.....kind of a key part of the game.

Re: Young has nothing to do with being able to shoot the ball

Mar 12, 2015, 4:15 PM

We have shooters, but can they make at least 40% of their 3's. We have a solid nucleus coming back. Blossomgame, Grantham, DeVoe and all the bigs plus the signing class. Watching yesterday the line up is not bad with Devoe, Roper, Grantham, Blossomgame, Nnoko. In my opinion Roper is much better off the dribble than catch and shoot. DeVoe seems to have some ball handling skills and the transfer from out west was a good player in the Western Athletic COnference.

Young?!?! Have you seen the starting five for VT?

Mar 12, 2015, 4:04 PM [ in reply to We missed KJ big time and our guys are young.*** ]

One sophomore and four freshmen.

Now that's young.

and short too.....

Mar 12, 2015, 4:22 PM

the Hokies tallest player was 6'-7"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How'd that work out for them? They finish ahead of us?***

Mar 12, 2015, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Young?!?! Have you seen the starting five for VT? ]

Our "D" is fine, our "O" philisophy is just awful ....

Mar 12, 2015, 4:09 PM

see Basketball Bored for lots of comments on above ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What many of you fail to acknowledge

Mar 12, 2015, 4:47 PM

Is that BB will not recruit via the AAU system. He says straight-up he will not cheat. So, it takes longer to recruit and get connected with the right players and coaches. His recruiting has improved yearly and he knows he has to improve the overall talent.

Our facilities are truly pathetic and while many despised Bowden for telling us we had to make significant improvements in our facilities to win, he was correct. Listening to the recruits talk about our football facilities should validate it is an important factor we are severely lacking in basketball.

He has also had two key assistants leave, which shows he has a good eye for coaching talent, but it hurts the recruiting process as stated above.

I think we will know in two years if he is the right coach for Clemson. He is not under-performing based upon historical standards so let's give him a reasonable opportunity to succeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What many of you fail to acknowledge

Mar 12, 2015, 5:02 PM

Best post I have read in months.

Thanks. Well thought out. I agree 100% with your take.

Just want to do the opposite of what is usually seen on this fan board. Blow up, anonymous bswagger and bravado, throw insults.

Great post.

he signed a 4-star point guard and a 7-footer. The

Mar 13, 2015, 7:30 AM

7-footer is junior college, so we know going in he's not some kind of bench-warming project.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic