Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List

Aug 15, 2013, 2:32 PM

Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List

Aug 15, 2013, 2:37 PM

Of course ESPN puts their boyfriend as front runner for Heisman. Could've guessed that any day

So 13 sacks for Clowney last year

Aug 15, 2013, 3:30 PM

gets him to be front-runner in the Heisman race, but Bowers tallies 15.5 his junior year and isn't even mentioned. Clowney is a great athlete, but he needs 20+ sacks to win it.

Re: So 13 sacks for Clowney last year

Aug 15, 2013, 7:52 PM

I totally agree and bowers did more than he did he wasnt even In the conversation.

Re: So 13 sacks for Clowney last year

Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM

People that are the most deserving and the most logical Heisman don't even get an invite these days. ALL VOTERS has gotten completely away from what a Heisman player really is. Its a favorite person award now, and has been for awhile!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya there's not a chance he will live up to the hype.

Aug 15, 2013, 8:38 PM [ in reply to So 13 sacks for Clowney last year ]

I will give him his due, he is a great player, but ESPN and really every sports outlet has hyped him up so much, the expectations that they have for him are virtually unattainable. I don't think he will win the Heisman because everyone expects way too much from him. Not just from him, but from any defensive player to be eligible for it. He could have a great year and get 17-18 sacks, and that would not be enough to win the Heisman with the expectations they have set for him.

Aug 15, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List ]

I have no problem with Clowney being in the top spot (for right now at least) but Manziel and Mariota should not be there, and Tajh should be #5.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree on Mariota. He's extremely good.

Aug 15, 2013, 7:04 PM

And he was a Redshirt Freshman last year. He'll only get better.

Aug 15, 2013, 3:50 PM

While I don't agree with their placement for Tajh, I think it's good that he's not getting more hype.

Both times he started getting put on Heisman watch lists in 2011 and 2012, the wheels started to come off for our teams.

See GT 2011, SCU 2012.

Most players don't handle hype well, see Johnny Hangover, so I think it's better for our team that none of our guys are being super hyped up.

Aug 15, 2013, 4:35 PM

You know I have thought often about why don't more defensive players win the Heisman? They play just as hard, make some good plays, etc. But you know, I watched Clowney sack Tahj four times last year, and the LSU Tigers treat him like a pinball at times in the bowl game, and he got back up and made another great play. A defensive player just doesn't have the ball in his hands so he can't really affect the outcome of a ball game like an offensive player can. A defensive lineman will never win it. He just doesn't affect enough plays.

So Clowney made four sacks against us last year - out of what - 60 plays the offense ran? They were talking about him on ESPN the other day and said that he disappeared for 85% of the plays he was on the field. Tahj cannot do that. The ball is in his hands.

If you look at the QB ratings of all of the QB's in the top 7, Tahj has the second highest next to AJ McCarron and Tahj threw the ball 110 times more than AJ did. I know I am biased and I think in the past there were some defensive players who were the best players in college football that didn't win it and I thought they should have. I think Mr Clown-ey is going to have a down year because he doesn't care. The old ball sack came out and said that the reason he said Clown-ey wasn't playing the first game wasn't because he was hurt but because he didn't even come out of the locker room on Monday. Guy is all heart and a team player - not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ +1***

Aug 15, 2013, 5:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List

Aug 15, 2013, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd listed on ESPN's Heisman Watch List ]

Well, if Tajh Boyd isn't on the Heisman Hype list, that means we are having a mediocre 2013 season. We can't be scared of being successful, people. We can't make a title run and expect not to be in the spotlight. We can't have it both ways. I think Clemson has turned the corner, and personally I'm ready to party like it's 1981!

Why dont they just go ahead and give it to Clowney and....

Aug 15, 2013, 7:38 PM

save everyone the trouble. Geez!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand why the Oregon quarterback is ranked so high

Aug 15, 2013, 7:42 PM

I mean new head coach Tajh Boyd is already thrown for a thousand yards more than you did last season. Maybe it's the nifty uniform. the guy maybe a good player but he is not really prove anything he hasn't got hit in the mouth by LSU, Clowney, and I see nothing to validate his top 5 he's been out performed by Boyd.

Oregon also runs more than we do.

Aug 16, 2013, 12:09 AM

Mariota threw for 32 TDs and 6 picks, while rushing for 752 and 5 TDs. Oregon as a team ran 70 more times and had almost 2,000 more rushing yards. Give some of those plays to Mariota to pass and I bet the yards would be a lot closer.

Don't get me wrong. I love Tajh, and IMO he's a Heisman contender in his own right. But him and Mariota are two different players in two different offenses. Mariota is very talented.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic