Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orange Bowl thoughts from 1st timer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 391

Orange Bowl thoughts from 1st timer

Jan 6, 2014, 9:08 AM

First time ever going to a bowl game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are some comments:

1. Note to self, next time find out what side Clemson is on before you get your tickets. I ended up on the Ohio State side and while most of their fans were great and gave me some light-hearted teasing, the guy sitting next to me was a real jerk – yelling in my face with a “take that!” type of anger every time Ohio St would make a good play. Several times I thought he was going to slug me, which would have been very ironic. It was so bad the Ohio St fan on the other side of me profusely apologized to me several times for his behavior and assured me that they were not all like that. We did bond pretty well with the other Clemson fans who found themselves in a similar situation.

2. Our band needs to step it up. At the very least get some decent uniforms. I will give this to Ohio State – their band is awesome. Lot of tradition there it seems.

3. We were sitting down low and got a great feel for the speed of the game. Wow! The level of athletes needed to play this game is something else.

4. I was befuddled by all the penalties during the game and watching the game again after I got home, at least two Ohio St scoring drives were enabled by bogus penalties – the superman move by #3 and the sidelines penalty later on in the game. The interesting thing about the Beasley penalty is that one of our lineman made almost the exact same gesture a play or two previously and no call was made on him. I wonder if the officiating crew from the other conference just calls certain things differently from what we are used to in the ACC.

5. Braxton and Hyde got theirs but it was clear throughout the game that Clemson was tougher and the better team. We made some silly mistakes and had some stupid penalties that kept it close but we should have run them out of the stadium. We had a good team this year. I really enjoyed seeing Sammy, and Boyd, and Bryant, and the others play a great game.

6. This trip was the very first time my wife ever attended a college football game. I think she is now hooked….

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 391
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic