Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Traitor Zion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Traitor Zion

Apr 1, 2019, 7:48 AM

We would have lost 2 ACC games with Zion ( At Duke and home vs. Virginia -check the scores ). We would have won the ACC regular season and I think you could easily make the case that we would have went just as far as Duke did. So Zion you thought you would go to Duke and win a championship and go on to the NBA. How did that work out for you ? You could have done the same by staying home and playing at Clemson and made a real name for yourself in Clemson history. Guess the money at Duke was too good to pass up ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Traitor Zion

Apr 1, 2019, 7:57 AM

Woulda shoulda coulda. I'm sore Georgia feels the same way about Trevor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 9:28 AM

If I could have gotten into Duke over Clemson I would have been posting on Duke boards right now.

but thUGA got the better QB, right? LOLOLOLOLOL***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Traitor Zion ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: but thUGA got the better QB, right? LOLOLOLOLOL***

Apr 2, 2019, 5:27 PM

Yeah and Kirby handled his QB's better than Dabo did too! LMAO!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Difference....Trevor won a title!! Bwahahhaaa***

Apr 2, 2019, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Traitor Zion ]

Apr 2, 2019, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Traitor Zion ]

Yeah, but how are those UGA Basketball Fans doing, with their second year coach and all those 4*s/one 5* they have in this class? Looks a lot like their OLine class. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know about anyone else, but

Apr 2, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Traitor Zion ]

I’m not making any sense of your post whatsoever.

Apr 1, 2019, 7:58 AM

Cootish OP statement.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:04 AM

He didn’t owe Clemson anything. That said, he will always be welcome at Durham, NC. Maybe not at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 3:48 PM

I think the resentment comes from the family member who says that Clemson 'had a big lead' for Zion's services but blew it.

If it was simply a decision by the young man, there's no need to throw shade at Clemson.

And how exactly did a straight shooter like Brownell 'blow it'? Did he stop calling? Did he fail to promise to change the offense? Did he fail to recruit other championship-caliber players, since Zion only wants to cut down nets every year? Or did he fail to put together a suitable family-recruiting package?

Anybody wants to say "we never had a chance" is probably right.
But i think it's more accurate to say "we never had a chance considering x".

Apr 1, 2019, 4:47 PM

But i think it's more accurate to say "we never had a chance considering x".

If you could tell us what "X" is, maybe we could fix our basketball issues.... :)

Apr 1, 2019, 5:13 PM

If a family member really said we "blew it", I don't want him here. That is kinda low class; the drama wouldn't be worth a one year bump.

Furthermore, I doubt we were really in it for a generational talent like that. He was using us as leverage. I think it has been documented that someone in his inner circle was offered $$ in the process.

Furthermore (again), remember, he is one and done. He likely would not have made a long lasting difference here. Sure, all things being equal and above board, I would have liked to see him here, but he would not have a Deshaunesque or Trevoresque or Tajhesque effect on the program.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:10 AM

I think things are getting lost in translation somewhere...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article195806969.html

Apr 1, 2019, 8:08 AM

Poor guy is probably packing his bags now and will be able to look back fondly on his college experience. He can cherish his memories of working out in the gym, working out in the guy, practice, practice, eating, playing in games and going to tournaments. Notice there is no mention of class room memories here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 8:12 AM

Why on earth would anybody think that a player picking Duke over Clemson in basketball has to do with money???

Apr 1, 2019, 12:34 PM

It's not that hard to figure out considering Zion's dad or stepdad was wiretapped with Kansas coaches auctioning off Zion's services. Not to mention that everyone in the country thought he was going to Clemson so much so that Duke didn't send not even one beat writer to cover Zion's announcement. Let's add in the fact that Zion's dad or stepdad was on that wiretap asking for housing and jobs and it just so happened his parents moved out of their house to go to Durham which is only a few hours from where they originally lived for their son to go to school for 8 months. So move 3 hours away for their son to go to school for a few months and I'm guessing they made that commute back to South carolina everyday to go to work. Either that or the rumor that Coach K got his mom a 6 figure a year job at a non-profit charity through the Duke University Hospital system. Keyword here is non-profit charity. Not sure how all that works with taxes and all but it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together. So yeah money may very well have everything to do with a player picking Duke over Clemson in basketball. Just because Duke's basketball history is way beyond anything Clemson could conceive doesn't mean they wouldn't pay to keep it that way.

Apr 1, 2019, 4:21 PM

Link please.

Apr 1, 2019, 11:33 PM

There is no link because it is stupid and nothing but rumors and total fabrications.

It sounds like Carolina fans for the past decade saying CJ Spillers baby mama lived in a half million dollar house on the Lake or New Springs or Trevor Lawerence's father got a blah blah blah

it is just stupid. Do you really think the greatest coach in the history of modern college basketball has to pay a player to go to the BEST university in the entire South? Do you think Zion walked onto the campus and said I hate this place and don't want to ever pay in the Iconic Cameron Indoor?

Coach K develops more NBA players than any other coach, Duke is the best academic school in the south and one of the best Top 5 in the country and had one of the most culturally diverse student body.

It is like saying Clemson has to pay players despite Dabo producing NFL pick after NFL pick and his players raving about the culture and climate of Clemson. Dabo recruits because he has a product that appeals to kids and he gets them ready for the next stage. So does K expect K has been doing it much longer.

Stop with the pay off to Zion........it never happened and you have zero proof.

Apr 2, 2019, 12:32 PM

I have read about Zion's dad asking for stuff from Kansas on the fbi wiretap but never have seen any quotes or anything. Never heard anything about them moving closer to Duke or anything but they may have but that doesn't mean Duke paid for them to. Never heard anything about Duke getting his mom a job either.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:14 AM

And you know all of this for fact?
While it is true that Zion hailed from Spartanburg, there was never any "real" chance he was going to Clemson.Period.
Besides that last time I looked at Duke's roster, there were three other true "freshmen" that helped propel this team to the Elite -8.
While at times he looked like he carried that team, he wasn't the only "playmaker" on their bench. Care to tell me who would have taken over that role on our bench if needed.

Or better, at Wofford, which was really home

Apr 1, 2019, 8:27 AM

and probably had the better chance of advancing

Re: Or better, at Wofford, which was really home

Apr 2, 2019, 3:38 PM

Zion at Wofford would've probably beat UK and Auburn. Them wofford boys can shot.

Re: Or better, at Wofford, which was really home

Apr 2, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Or better, at Wofford, which was really home ]

Zion at Wofford would've probably beat UK and Auburn. Them wofford boys can shot.

Doubtful the way we played this year.***

Apr 1, 2019, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 9:05 AM

I sure am glad basketball season is over. Dread next season.

Just when I think TigerNet has reached the apex of stupidity***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

There is no apex here . . .***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no apex here . . .***

Apr 1, 2019, 4:29 PM

Try "nadir".

We can only hope.

Coots gonna coot***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:11 AM

How in the hell is he a traitor?***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:28 AM

Deer Lowered. This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen

Apr 1, 2019, 9:30 AM

on TNET. And I've seen some dumb chit over the years....

The stupid is strong with this juan.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Is dis coot bait?***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:44 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Benedict Arnold was a Traitor to our country...

Apr 1, 2019, 12:10 PM

Zion was an eighteen year old kid playing basketball. Get over yourself.

Apr 1, 2019, 4:15 PM

How do you know that...bigger chance we would have still loss most of those close games we loss....with the exception of maybe 2 or 3.......he chose not to come to Clemson and will never be a Clemson man......forget about him .....because he is not worth it......Go Tigers!!!!

I’m just happy as hell my dad’s alma mater

Apr 2, 2019, 8:32 AM

Beat coach K and his basketball factory and knocked their high horse ***** out of the tourney.

SPARTY ON!! FINAL FOUR BABY!!!

100% disagree. He made the right decision

Apr 1, 2019, 11:38 PM

Built his brand tremendously and played for a HOF college coach. I hate to see a talent like this play out of state but it turned out to be the best thing for him and his family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 6:50 AM

I would have gone to Duke over Clemson as a regular student with a full ride at both. I would definitely do it as a basketball player. Only reason not to go to Duke would be if one was a football.player and could play for.Dabo.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:19 AM

How is he a traitor? The young man made a business decision to better his career. How can you blame him for that. I'm sure you enjoy the same freedoms choosing your jobs and school.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic