Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled

Jan 22, 2020, 9:05 AM

Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled

Clemson's non-conference schedule is highlighted by a trip to Notre Dame. The Tigers seek to continue a lengthy streak in ACC play with Coastal champ Virginia among the visitors. A look at Clemson's 2020 football schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So for the NC State game day

Jan 22, 2020, 9:08 AM

Is one game at noon and the other at 8pm? Going to need some rest between the two games

Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled

Jan 22, 2020, 9:09 AM

Not that many saturdays in october try again.

Garbage. No respect for the ACC leader. Friday night in Boston sucks. Starting on the road shows no respect and sucks, especially on a Thursday night. Typical garbage from Swofford.

Jan 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh i think some of you goobers would b!tch if they hung you with a new rope

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it, are you trying to say

Jan 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

being "hung with a new rope" is a good thing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It sounds like the best way to get hung.

Jan 22, 2020, 10:38 AM

You’re just proving his point

Re: I don't get it, are you trying to say

Jan 22, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I don't get it, are you trying to say ]

YES, IF ONE IS TO BE HUNG.

Wouldn't an old rope be more frayed with a better

Jan 22, 2020, 11:30 AM

chance of breaking apart, and thus decreasing your odds of dying?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Plus it'd be softer and broken in while you're up there

Jan 22, 2020, 2:28 PM

waiting, and thus less likely to irritate the skin.

I'm with you, give me the old rope.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a frayed knot***

Jan 22, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't an old rope be more frayed with a better ]

Jan 22, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

Hahaha, one of my favorite sayings!

And you'd be right there to tell them to shut up.***

Jan 22, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s “hanged”.***

Jan 22, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

Jan 22, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

So because we’re the leader of the ACC we should start at home? Smh

Friday night at BC, eff you ACC!***

Re: Friday night at BC, eff you ACC!***

Jan 22, 2020, 9:25 AM

you do realize everyone has to occasionally do the friday thing.

You do realize I don't give a ####

Jan 22, 2020, 9:44 AM

College football belongs on Saturdays. Not Thursdays, not Fridays, Saturdays. And what do you know, we have both a Thursday night and a Friday night game this year (both on the road). It's pathetic that the ACC has Friday night games.

Oh and our entire schedule sucks aside from a road game at Notre Dame. So basically there's a good chance that we will only play 1 ranked team all year, combined with both a Thursday night and a Friday night game and it's clear why the ACC is a crappy football conference to be in.

Re: You do realize I don't give a ####

Jan 22, 2020, 9:49 AM

CERTAINLY WAS NOT ARGUING. THURSDAY AND FRIDAY DO SUCK BUT LIKE I SAID EVERYONE HAS TO DO IT. THOSE WERE 2 PERFECT GAMES IF IT HAS TO BE DONE. BEAT TECH THEN WATCH FOOTBALL ALL WEEKEND. ALREADY DID THE BC FRIDAY GAME. I WAS THERE. IT WASNT SO BAD. THE ACC WILL BE BETTER NEXT YEAR, NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE BUT BETTER. YOU REALLY SEEM TO LOVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. WE ARE IN THE ACC. NOTHING CERTAINLY COULD BE DONE BY THAT.

K***

Jan 22, 2020, 10:17 AM

You give enough to eff the ACC...

Jan 22, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to You do realize I don't give a #### ]

I don't think you hate the ACC quite enough.

Double eff the ACC.

Boston is horrible on Friday nights. The traffic double sucks, we locals have to take half a day vacation, at least. The kids @ BC don't care, they'd rather be out on the town drinking.

Triple eff the ACC and the shyatt level contract we have with ESPN.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

A half day vacation is bad? I guess you

Jan 22, 2020, 9:29 PM

could take the whole week off if you want longer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize I don't give a ####

Jan 22, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to You do realize I don't give a #### ]

Plus + + +, we start out ranked #1, but bc of the schedule we have been lined up with, we will end the season ranked 5th or 6th. Good job ACC, it do seem like they don't want to see Clemson in the playoffs again and making the entire ACC look to be the trash FB conference that it really is minus Clemson!!!!

I really understand why ND don't want to be to a part of the ACC with their FB program, it's bc it's embarrassing to be seen in the ACC with FB!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

We play on Monday nights a lot

Jan 22, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to You do realize I don't give a #### ]

Pretty confident we will be playing on a Monday night again this year too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and I would prefer that game be held on a Saturday too***

Jan 22, 2020, 1:17 PM

There is nothing the ACC can do about

Jan 22, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to You do realize I don't give a #### ]

the individual schools not being competitive in football. When the ACC expanded, FSU, Miami, Va Tech and Pitt all came with good to very good football programs or at least the ability to be really good football programs. Those schools have not held up their end of the deal. Few of the other members have held up their end of the deal... we can only play the conference schedule and hope that the teams to be played will be good at least in the years we play them, or regularly good for those we play annually.

Serious question, what do you suggest that the conference do so that we can play more than one ranked team in a given year? Because we may be stuck with that for the next few years while unc, notre dame, miami, fsu, uva or va tech get stabilized....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are all good points and I don't disagree

Jan 22, 2020, 3:24 PM

I'm not saying there's anything the ACC can do about not having good football programs, I'm just saying it's a crappy football conference to be in. There is something the ACC could do about not scheduling Clemson to play on a Thursday or Friday night though, but that Thursday night game is to ride their current cash cow for the first game of the year. I get it, but I don't like it.

Thanks, and I agree about Thurs & Fri

Jan 22, 2020, 4:00 PM

games that are not in Death Valley, but I also kind of like the fact that the 1st Thrusday game of the year puts Clemson front and center of the entire college football world, which puts the eyes of the top recruits on us.

Unfortunately, as a conference member, we cannot be excluded from playing thursday and friday games; i'm glad that we are not in a conference playing on monday...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is EXACTLY why the ACC sucks.***

Jan 22, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Friday night at BC, eff you ACC!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

no they dont***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Friday night at BC, eff you ACC!*** ]

It's an OFF WEEK***

Jan 22, 2020, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or a bye week.***

Jan 22, 2020, 11:56 AM

Jan 22, 2020, 9:20 AM

Man that Wake game has a chance to be a cold one (Like that one either 2014 or 2016). Hopefully not since I would be going with my 8 and 5 yo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 9:26 AM

wake seems to be cold in september somehow. crazy weather up there

Jan 22, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

Man that Wake game has a chance to be a cold one (Like that one either 2014 or 2016). Hopefully not since I would be going with my 8 and 5 yo

I should know because I was there...

Wore layers and STILL froze my tail off....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@ Notre Dame

Jan 22, 2020, 9:34 AM

Didn’t we bring the cannon in 1979 because Ford wanted to create the Death Valley experience? Think they’ll let us do it on Nov 7? LOL

TL can draw too . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 9:49 AM

the man has many talents.

Not sure what Uiagalelei was drawing there for Notre Dame. Was that snow?

Re: TL can draw too . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 9:59 AM

And DJ didn’t even know Louisville mascot lol. So much for Lamar Jackson and that brand

Re: TL can draw too . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 1:56 PM

They were a one QB and done program!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jan 22, 2020, 9:52 AM

I think the Lewisville, Virginny, FSPU and Cantankerous Leprechaun games are all good ones. My guess is two of them will be ranked when we play them.

Louisville should have been held until later...

Jan 22, 2020, 2:34 PM

they'll be ranked later in the season but the game is too early and will set them back (unless they pull the upset) on that front, while we won't get credit for a ranked win because the idiotic media only cares if the opponent is ranked when you play them.

Jan 22, 2020, 9:59 AM

WHY ARE WE PLAYING ON A FRIDAY NIGHT AT BOSTON COLLEGE??!?!?! NO OTHER MARQUEE TEAM PLAYS ON FRIDAY NIGHT! Dabo and Dan need to tell them we will be there at noon on Saturday. STUPID ACC AGAIN!!

Jan 22, 2020, 10:06 AM

Why not play GTech in the MB Dome? I'd love to see that stadium when tickets are not sky high.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because that's not their stadium?***

Jan 22, 2020, 10:09 AM

Nice first post

Jan 22, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bama had a Friday night game last season***

Jan 22, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson’s 2020 football schedule unveiled ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Bama had a Friday night game last season***

Jan 22, 2020, 1:35 PM

Lol. No they did not.

Only in the ACC would the best program in CFB get

Jan 22, 2020, 10:09 AM

Thursday AND Friday night road games. Both of those teams were terrible last year, so there is that, but still.. COME ON MAN.

somebody might qualify as a lounger drawing a game and

Jan 22, 2020, 10:19 AM

a D#$K for the coots er gamecocks

Yeah, Mike Jones went there.

Jan 23, 2020, 11:26 AM

Pretty funny that they left that in.

"It's a video game and a ...."

I like the schedule. The Thursday home opener was

Jan 22, 2020, 10:22 AM

Fun last year.

A Friday night game against hopefully a decent opponent will be some nice exposure for us.

It’s great that we start off with ACC teams and have the Citadel game at the end of the year. That will be fun, my dad and wife’s uncle are citadel grads.

Anyway, I like it. I’ll probably go to ATL for the opener.

Re: I like the schedule. The Thursday home opener was

Jan 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

Yes, and at least we will be playing somebody with a heart at the end of the season!!!

Gotta win them all to be back in the playoff***

Jan 22, 2020, 10:24 AM

Way too soon to say that*

Jan 22, 2020, 11:52 AM

nm

You will never get my $$$ for this schedule.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:41 PM

Not watching a second of Akron or Citadel
i get the thursday game, but cannot stand it
i HATE friday night games

Re: You will never get my $$$ for this schedule.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:53 PM

LMAO! ND, FSU, and the Citadel maybe our toughest games of the season LOL!!!

Jan 22, 2020, 12:50 PM

If Clemson was given a choice to change our conference affiliation. What conference would you like to be a part of with all our sports. Or would you rather we stayed in the ACC with all our sports programs knowing that the only time we ever hear the ACC brand even brought up, is when it pertains to sports?

Personally, I would be okay with being in the SEC if they would kick the coots out to get us in, or Big 12 conference!!!

If the money keeps trending how it has been

Jan 22, 2020, 2:41 PM

with the SEC and B1G pulling away, I think we'll see a new conference that looks roughly like this:

EAST
Clemson
FSU
Miami
VT
GT
UVA (legislature in Virginia will likely not let VT walk without UVA after what they did to get VT into the ACC)
Louisville

WEST
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Kansas State
Kansas

There's enough football and basketball power there to maintain a good reputation in both of the money sports and the old bloods in Texas and Oklahoma won't want to be left behind any more than Clemson and FSU will.

Jan 22, 2020, 1:21 PM

Not horrible. Kind of “bleh” home slate. 2 non-Saturday games is annoying too. I do like the bye before ND though.

Jan 22, 2020, 3:27 PM

When will we find out about things like Homecoming and such for this season?

Adding BC was so dumb.***

Jan 22, 2020, 6:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dislike Friday night game***

Jan 22, 2020, 10:29 PM

Jan 22, 2020, 10:37 PM

Perfect time for the bye week. Be happy.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic