Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Opinions on leaving Death Valley at halftime?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Opinions on leaving Death Valley at halftime?

Oct 1, 2014, 1:01 AM

Heard this talked about today and I am completely against being able to leave at the half. I know some will whole heartedly disagree with me and I respect that, but it gives the opposing team a tremendous advantage with our stadium being half empty till around middle of third quarter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Opinions on leaving Death Valley at halftime?

Oct 1, 2014, 1:08 AM

You are right____________I disagree with you.

I don't do it, but

Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM

If you buy a ticket why shouldn't you be able to go in and out as you please? To not let people leave and come back seems grammar school like and elitist.

Everyone can't have a booth or lounge with great food and drink. Why not allow the masses that luxury. Those I hear complaining mostly are sitting in the press area enjoying free food.

This week I'd prefer it if our defense didn't

Oct 1, 2014, 1:12 AM

Beat the Pups!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an original concept...Meeekey...***

Oct 1, 2014, 1:32 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always stay in the stadium, and I hate the way the stands

Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM

look at the beginning of the third quarter.

I went to the Oklahoma-Tennessee game in Norman earlier this year and they don't allow you to leave and re-enter, and it was awesome. The atmosphere was electric the entire time and the stands remained packed.

I wish we'd do the same.

Maybe Clemson should give the

Oct 1, 2014, 1:57 AM

Fans that leave a reason to stay. Great food and a fair price, remove the aluminum bleachers. When you pay $75.00 for a ticket and $1500.00 for the right to buy the ticket you should have a nice seat, ever seat should be a orange seat back seat. When tickets were $20.00 a bleacher was okay.

Re: Maybe Clemson should give the

Oct 1, 2014, 3:16 AM

I whole heartedly agree. The cost of tickets have done nothing but increase over the last decade but the seats have stayed the same. The cost of a bottle of water is $4. That's some major profits. If two people get a hotdog and a soda you just blew the @ss end out of a $20 bill for about $1 worth of merchandise. Louisville stadium has individual seats. That's where it's at. then that would also eliminate folks coming and sitting in sections where they do not have tickets for and crowding it up. It's a huge problem lower deck between the 35 yard lines. I'm usually shoved off my spot bc someone slid their hiney in a seat that isn't theirs. It may eliminate seating capacity by a few thousand, but guess what? the upper deck corners are always almost empty anyways. here's a link to louisville stadium...tell me Death Valley wouldn't look a lot better decked out with similar seats in orange!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Papa_John%27s_Cardinal_Stadium_after_expansion_in_2010.jpeg

LOL..+1 for your "...blew the @ss end out of a $20 bill..."***

Oct 1, 2014, 6:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Clemson should give the

Oct 1, 2014, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Clemson should give the ]

Cost for food, I agree, its to expensive and not good. Seats. I have individual seats in place so I don't have a problem, but they come with a cost. The problem is if CU was to put individual seats in the whole stadium, they would lose probably 10,000-15,000 seats.

agre wholeheartedly about concessions and those that are

Oct 1, 2014, 7:20 AM

squeezing into your row-----are the ones with upper deck corner tickets.....

Re: agre wholeheartedly about concessions and those that are

Oct 1, 2014, 9:47 AM

No way it's that high that's and entire upper deck worth of seats.

That, and the reserved spot on the bleacher isn't that big

Oct 1, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Clemson should give the ]

I have some very broad shoulders, so I have to stand at an angle normally

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

We should shave off the corners of the upper decks, too.***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Clemson should give the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

you got a true freshman making his first start and setting a

Oct 1, 2014, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Maybe Clemson should give the ]

school record, what else do you need to make you want to stay? I believe you are one of those that probably don't even know there's a football game going on during your social event.

Re: you got a true freshman making his first start and setting a

Oct 1, 2014, 9:48 AM

I've never used a pass out, but I'd like the option. If I was to leave at the half I wouldn't come back to my seat.

You said it. Football for many is a social event.***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to you got a true freshman making his first start and setting a ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Chain people to the bleachers!!

Oct 1, 2014, 5:17 AM

haha

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack

Oct 1, 2014, 8:12 AM

fno

outed! coots tend to think "chains" right away...huh***

Oct 1, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Chain people to the bleachers!! ]

Could you imagine the lines for the restroom if some

Oct 1, 2014, 5:56 AM

people didn't leave.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't stand it

Oct 1, 2014, 7:38 AM

If Clemson came out and said no re-entry going forward, it would sit just fine with me, but its also not a battle worth fighting. If you want to leave, leave.

I figured out how to use the water fountain, so good on that end, and I just eat before I go in. That solves my concession stand issues. I know not everyone can, but I'm standing and sitting about half and half so the bleachers don't bother me. I agree that Clemson could just put the orange chair backs in each seat based on ticket prices.

The only time I've ever left a game at half, and that includes taking my daughter as a little girl to present, is when I was a student more interested in drinking than football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I can't stand it

Oct 1, 2014, 7:42 AM

No need to be more interested in drinking than football. I'm a Junior and could easily attend a game sober, but its a special combination when you combine cheap alcohol and college football after a long week at Cooper library.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I very often take my kids out at halftime

Oct 1, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to I can't stand it ]

they can run around for a few minutes outside. Quite frankly I can get them to a portajohn in lot 5 or 6 and grab them a coke outside faster than inside the stadium.

Why be against it?

Oct 1, 2014, 7:39 AM

At halftime I do the following:

1. Drink
2. Eat. A lot.
3. Drink more
4. Pee in the woods
5. Begin trip back to stadium once (heavy) buzz is re-established

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why be against it?

Oct 1, 2014, 8:31 AM

Zackly why there should be no re-admission.

if you remove pass outs .. how am I going

Oct 1, 2014, 7:49 AM

To move down to better seats in the 3 rd qrt? You obviously did not think about geevilltiger when you posted this. I will let it slide once.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 1, 2014, 7:52 AM

I leave at half-time. I have a beer, talk with my friends about the game, walk the dog, let the kids run off some energy, and then head back to the stadium. If I weren't allowed to do that any more, I'd be very disappointed.

Oct 1, 2014, 8:02 AM

IF YOU MUST DRINK take in some mini bottles, talk to your friends after the game and your poor dog, why is he there anyway, can wait till you get back after the game. i drink as much as anyone that comes to a game but have never felt like rushing out to make sure i swill down a couple of beers at halftime. fact of the matter is death valley is dead at the start of the second half and something needs to be done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 8:07 AM

Poor dog? I'd rather think she prefers to be there all day running around as opposed to locked up in a crate for 8-10 hours in a hotel room.

I get that a lot. Why is the dog there? Why are your young kids there? (Shrug)

Oct 1, 2014, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Opinions on leaving Death Valley at halftime? ]

I park close enough to the stadium that I can get out, eat some tailgate food, drink a cold beverage or two, watch highlights of other games and get back in by the second half kickoff.

We pay for the privilege to park close, and we'll use it until the powers that be stop it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I leave at half time....superstition

Oct 1, 2014, 8:09 AM

I walk up to cemetery hill and sit at my grandparents grave.

You are a true diehard fan. Superstitions like

Oct 1, 2014, 8:17 AM

that are for the hardcore, cannot stand for the Tigers to lose crowd. Awesome!!!

Was one of your grandparents a faculty member? No wonder you are so intense about your love for Clemson.

My granddaddy was head of the mess hall

Oct 1, 2014, 8:21 AM

When we were military. My Uncle Duck is up there as well, he was faculty. We jusr buried my Aunt up there and will spread my Mama's ashes Homecoming weekend.My Daddy is out at Old Stone Church. My grandparents are right by Coach Howard.

Leaving at half....

Oct 1, 2014, 8:38 AM

Coming from a northern school, I do not like the fans leaving at the half. I have read most of the posts and do agree the concessions should be upgraded and prices should be lower...but it is the same prices no matter where you go. I am not sure what the college charges to rent or manage the concession but water being $ 4.00 is just poor. I hope this is why the new board was formed but not sure what the crtieria was for choosing those people that are representing the rest of us. My feelings, provide some great options for concession food and drink, more entertaining halftime show and if you leave at the half you do not return. I understand people are hungry but if you need a drink at the half..you have issues.

Wow. You are a real Clemson legacy!***

Oct 1, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to My granddaddy was head of the mess hall ]

Three generations of grads, the fourth

Oct 1, 2014, 8:55 AM

Starts in the fall

Same here as to the three generations.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 AM

My Grandfather was class of '31, my Dad '64 and I, of course, graduated in '92. Not to mention my sister, my uncle and all of my cousins on my Dad's side are grads.

The faculty/staff connection is cool, though. I bet you have a lot of great stories!

They got rid of passouts after 9/11

Oct 1, 2014, 9:01 AM

and the 3rd quarter was still half empty. Most any stadium you go will kick off the 2nd half with a bunch of empty seats. No matter where you are, people get up at halftime and hit the concession stand and restroom. No stadium is built to handle that crush and volume of people movement out and back in in such a short amount of time.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:07 AM

Guess what, I'm against a lot of things too, but if you don't let me back in after halftime somebody from the upperdeck can sit in my seats. Maybe it'd be better to have the upper deck empty & the lower stands full!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Letcha bring in your own alcohol...all you can carry.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:57 AM

Is that what you're getting at? ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People pay money for tickets, they can and should do

Oct 1, 2014, 10:18 AM

whatever they want. I don't leave, I don't even step out from in front of my seat until the games over but I really couldn't give 2 shites what grown men and women do its their money, it's their enjoyment. Maybe if it was the other way around and it was a job that payed you to attend then yeah you would have an argument but it's not, this isn't grade school and people are children you can't ask someone to pay anywhere hundreds to thousands of dollars, especially season ticket holders, then try to tell them what to do, what they should do or if they don't do what certain people think they're somehow worse fans. This entire argument is pretty childish and almost every time someone brings this up out of the blue to complain its an individual that just showed up for 1 or 2 games and now they have this "I'm a better fan than you" mentality. Just enjoy the d@mn game and please have your #### in a seat before they run down the hill, nothing's more annoying than a group of people not understanding common courtesy and not stopping until after the entrance is over.

Tl;dr I don't care what another adult decides they're ready to leave or how they manage their time because I don't think I'm the principal of Death Valley.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:41 AM

I have submitted my request to Clemson. Lock the gates! Close the restrooms! Close concession stands! Open them only after final gun! No exit from seating area for any reason unless a medical emergency. Provide "Depends" to all ticket holders above toddler age. Station law enforcement in the stands to identify violators! And everyone must stand and scream at the top of their lungs or lose their ticket rights! Yep. That will work!

Oct 1, 2014, 11:55 AM

I like that we can leave and return @ half..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Saban is against it***

Oct 1, 2014, 11:56 AM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic