Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Opinions on Vail, CO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 366

Opinions on Vail, CO

Jan 18, 2019, 8:19 AM

Greenr and wife are planning to book another vacation around a show at Red Rocks this summer, preferably Widespread Mothafukking Panic in late June. We are looking at heading out to Vail first, to do some MTB and 4x4 sight seeing and some hiking. Any suggestions on things to do and places to go stay in Vail in the summer?

Thanks in advance for the suggestion to eat a bag of dicks. You KNOW we will be doing that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the bowls on the back side are nice

Jan 18, 2019, 8:32 AM

I think one is blue and it is wide ###### open. The slopes are good but it is pricey

enjoy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

^^^it'll be summer, so I assume that

Jan 18, 2019, 10:37 AM

you're talking about legal weed, right?

but you right. Spent a whole day in those bowls

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vail is Supa-nice, but it’s just a little too

Jan 18, 2019, 8:35 AM

Pinky out for my tastes. It’s topped in pretension only by Aspen and instead of cool laid back ski town people you’ll be surrounded by entitled tourists sniffing their own farts.

You seem like a dude who would enjoy Breck more, when it comes to front range places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did Breck last year and absolutely loved it

Jan 18, 2019, 8:39 AM

and I would like to go back. However the wife wants to try something different. TBH, I want to do Telluride, but I cannot figure out how to make the travel there and back work with the shows, etc.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heading to T-ride in March. It’ll be our

Jan 18, 2019, 9:08 AM

18th year in a row hitting that place.....it’s just special.

It’s 6 hours from Denver, but it’s the prettiest drive you’ll ever do.

If a 3-4 hour drive is palatable for you and the Missus, Gunnison and/or Crested Butte would be fantastic options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Red Rocks tickets fall through, renting a car and driving

Jan 18, 2019, 9:19 AM

to Telluride is the second option.

LMK. I got recommendations for days.***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:23 AM

six hours?? F that S

Jan 18, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Heading to T-ride in March. It’ll be our ]

we're looking for a March ski trip destination...was gonna suggest that maybe my group could go out to Telluride, too, and plan to meat up with you.

and then not.

butt fur reels, 2 of my 3 other ski-cousins don't know if they can get away in March, so they pulled a semi-impromptu trip to Snowbird last week. Asked me, but I couldn't do it schedule-wise...so I has had the sads ever since. looked awesome out there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't like the drive, you can always fly to Montrose

Jan 18, 2019, 11:00 AM

but it's 1.5 hours from Montrose to Telluride. Forget about the Telluride airport. Tiny-azz charter planes, limited (expensive) commercial service, and weather that is so volatile that flights get cancelled on the reg.

When I look at having to have a layover to fly to Montrose vs direct Denver, then figure on 1.5 hour drive anyway from Montrose, it's really no less convenient to just drive from Denver.

The drive though...seriously. Jaw dropping beauty and you're on two lane roads where you'll pass 5 total cars in an hour once you get out of Denver.

Oh, and to put it in local terms,

Jan 18, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to We did Breck last year and absolutely loved it ]

If hanging out in Breck is Plaza Midwood, Vail is a little Southpark mixed with Ballantyne.

Try different, make it suck despite all your best efforts,

Jan 18, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to We did Breck last year and absolutely loved it ]

then you'll get to do what you want for the rest of your life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, this is how successful marriages work***

Jan 18, 2019, 2:38 AM

I mean, it works if you are a good enough actor.***

Jan 18, 2019, 2:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great shopping here if you go just west of Vail on I-70.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:42 AM

171 Yoder Ave, Avon, CO 81620

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weed is legal.***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snooty as one of [insert lounger here]’s favorite IPA.***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Breck, bruh?***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anul

Jan 18, 2019, 11:54 AM

Flesh shaft in buttox. Bring the KY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Replies: 18
| visibility 366
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic