Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wide Receiver U: Coaches think current group of receivers can be special
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Wide Receiver U: Coaches think current group of receivers can be special

Apr 21, 2018, 2:13 PM

Wide Receiver U: Coaches think current group of receivers can be special

Despite losing veterans Ray-Ray McCloud and Deon Cain, there’s still plenty of experience and reason for optimism at ‘Wide Receiver U.’ Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opinions?

Apr 21, 2018, 2:53 PM

I think Dabo has praised Thompson the last 2 years. This makes 3 in a row. Opinions on his career at Clemson?

TJ Chase, D. Overton, and C. Powell have yet to be difference makers. I know playing time is limited especially at that position because we are deep there. Have any of y'all from your perspective seen flashes from these guys?

Don't get me wrong those four would start at 95% of FBS teams in the country. I'm not saying they are not good maybe even great. I know we are spoiled watching some incredible WR's we've had the past 6 years or so. I may be jumping the gun. With the young guys we have coming in, will they leap this group?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Opinions?

Apr 21, 2018, 7:12 PM

We would have heard more on the wide receivers,had we thrown the ball more last year -- offense was based on a running quarterback ( leading rusher on the team* ) -- agree with the idea of getting a QB into the game, that will consistently get the ball down field,then we will hear about the WRU !!!

Ding!Ding!winner 100% correct answer/conclusion drawn*

Apr 22, 2018, 4:19 PM

Re: Opinions?

Apr 21, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Opinions? ]

Overton is an NFL WR. I think Higgins is better tho. Crazy we have those 2 and Ross coming in.

Assuming they have a QB who can throw them the ball

Apr 21, 2018, 4:41 PM

with consistency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I am curious to see if Ross can avoid a RS***

Apr 21, 2018, 7:04 PM

We “didn’t have an effective 9 man” because we didn’t have “an effective QB”

Apr 21, 2018, 7:23 PM

Again I love KB but I can’t recall a Clemson QB who so consistently overthrew open receivers. Heck, he did 3-4(?) times in the spring game.

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U: Coaches think current group of receivers can be special

Apr 21, 2018, 8:12 PM

Higgins will be a monster on the outside.

Now all we need is a QB that can throw the ball 10 yards

Apr 21, 2018, 9:59 PM

At least a forward pass beyond 10 yards would be nice.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Now all we need is a QB that can throw the ball 10 yards

Apr 21, 2018, 10:04 PM

Pathetic you are.

He is accurate this one time.*****

Apr 22, 2018, 7:39 AM

Re: Now all we need is a QB that can throw the ball 10 yards

Apr 22, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Now all we need is a QB that can throw the ball 10 yards ]

Pathetic you are.

No, what is pathetic are the stats from KB's performance during the 2017 season and the Spring Game. When you throw for only 3 Touchdowns and 6 Interceptions in 75% of a regular season, you do NOT deserve to be the starting QB for Clemson. BEST IS THE STANDARD AT CLEMSON. When 8 games in the regular season produce less than 200 yards of passing per game, and only 3 passing touchdowns vs 6 interceptions, then I would say that is abysmal at best. Best was certainly not the standard when you view the comparison. Heck, Jake Bentley had better stats.

The Honest Assessment for 2017 is simple. OUR DEFENSE carried us, our OFFENSIVE LINE and RUNNING BACKS carried the Clemson Tigers. Alabama beat Clemson because any defensive coordinator with half a brain could see that the Offense was predictable and one dimensional. They kept a spy on KB all night long and forced him to win with his arm. We produced two field goals. What does that say about the current QB situation? I love Clemson all day long, but will not live in a grandiose delusion that KB is suddenly going to bump his head and start connecting 50 yard passes for 6 points in a matter of a couple of months. The fact of the matter is this: He has been at Clemson for 4 years, was out performed by a True Freshman during a glorified scrimmage. He was out performed by 2 other under classmen who barely saw playing time. As a Senior and one year as a starter, he should have came out and made it obvious that he was THE DUDE. He simply didn't perform. He threw interceptions and zero touchdowns in the Spring Game. Let that sink in. If we're being honest, Trevor Lawrence needs to be the starter, and KB needs to find another profession because he will not play at the next level. I will bet my paycheck on that. Of course, I'm not going to blame everything on KB because Deon Cain dropped four crucial passes that would have counted for 28 points during the Sugar Bowl. He had a history of dropping passes, that man couldn't catch a dang cold last year to save his life at crucial times. Not sure why he even declared early, but I'm glad he left because now we have addition through subtraction. Other young men can now step up and make plays for the Clemson Tigers.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Interesting comment from Jeff Scott

Apr 22, 2018, 3:52 PM

Regarding Higgin’s performance in the Spring game: “This is only like 20% of the overall grade.”

However, when discussing the QB’s performance(s), the coaching staff said “...the Spring Game was merely one of fifteen practices.”

Is there a different standard for QBs, or were they defending any of the QBs (not naming names...) who may have had a less than stellar day?

Time will tell, I s’pose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Interesting comment from Jeff Scott

Apr 22, 2018, 5:16 PM

I noticed this too however I think that Dabo isn’t going to name a starter or leader to keep up competition and that’s why he says it like that.

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U: Coaches think current group of receivers can be special

Apr 22, 2018, 4:45 PM

Where and when did this "Wide Receiver U" migrate? I heard or saw it first in LA, at one time Georgia Tech had five in the NFL, and I heard it again before it popped up on this board. I realize there are a couple there so that is not the question. but does every school claim it at some point?

Said it before

Apr 22, 2018, 8:34 PM

TL is a soldier. He will come in and take the QB job this summer. Barring injury, KB has no shot to stay in the race. Dabo will go with the stud. The end result will be self-evident to the coaches and the players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic