Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Open letter to the mods
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Open letter to the mods

Jul 2, 2019, 8:28 PM

I think it is about time to show td identity on the board. Why do you let these cowards hide behind the curtain of anonymity .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open letter to the mods

Jul 2, 2019, 8:40 PM

Nothing to be accomplished by letting on who's downvoting . Would create immense chaos .

That's my short answer .

I always pretend I know who downvoted my posts . It's a fun way to get over it and secretly hate someone for a few minutes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 8:50 PM

OK, so if nothing is accomplished by showing down votes, what is accomplished by showing up votes? How about letting each post and reply stand on it's own merit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Open letter to the mods ]

Maybe a stretch but Tdoug could hit a big number by this weekend. + ones to see what happens!

Jul 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

I probably have as many TDs as I do TUs lol .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 9:01 PM

You and me both bc I get TD-ed everyday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both you and Tdug23 are in the 16-17 downvote range...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:04 PM

not terrible at all, considering - see my post below.

Re: Both you and Tdug23 are in the 16-17 downvote range...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:08 PM

I feel violated .

We should always be friends .

DB23

We shall, should you choose your other ones carefully.***

Jul 2, 2019, 9:09 PM

Re: We shall, should you choose your other ones carefully.***

Jul 2, 2019, 9:13 PM

The forest is damp tonight , not all footfalls may be heard .

You got my 6 ?

DB23

Always.***

Jul 2, 2019, 9:14 PM

No way!

Jul 2, 2019, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Open letter to the mods ]

Your pulse is 100%

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 3, 2019, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Open letter to the mods ]

Nothing to be accomplished by letting on who's downvoting . Would create immense chaos .

That's my short answer .

I always pretend I know who downvoted my posts . It's a fun way to get over it and secretly hate someone for a few minutes .

They could just get rid of the stupid system altogether

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 4:19 AM

I don't make the rules here . I don't follow them either , probably why I can't make any .

One rule I'd make if given the wand would be that only paying members can have the TU/TD discussion .
I only like to debate with those that could buy the next round , so to speak .

DB23

This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years...

Jul 2, 2019, 8:45 PM

...and I maintain it would do more harm than good. Just stop and imagine the never-ending threads where posters would call out other Tnetters that TD'd their post? It would quickly devolve into a circular firing squad cluster-cluck that never ends. Not a good idea.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years...

Jul 2, 2019, 8:58 PM

You're right moab , the hurtful and hurted would make it impossible to navigate this site .

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years... ]

Do away with the TD altogether, and just have it so good post can get a TU, that would really pisss the cowards off, they couldn't back stab anymore in silence!!! I know this, if someone ask why they were TD-ed and I'm the one that done it, I have and will tell them why, they can't beat me up sitting here in my Den, not without getting the chit shot out of them anyway!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years... ]

I agree with the circular firing squad deal - Moab ... I kind of half-heartedly argued for revealing TD posts in the past as some TD’s are issued due to misunderstanding the post - happened to me - and allows the poster to further explain the post... However - have come to realize this is not usually the case - and believe that the unveiling would result in “the circular firing squad” - and a never ending quest of retribution .......

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

"a never ending quest of retribution"...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:06 PM

...is a most astute way of putting it Hopeful

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jul 2, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years... ]

I do most of my "work" on here using my cell phone .
I have to pay attention to my driving and so everyone please forgive me but occasionally a TU was meant to be a TD or vice versa .
These little keys are just another reason I hate Nike .

DB23

That's what B-Meist thinks as well, I've asked a few times.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to This question has been asked ad nauseum over the years... ]

It's not a bad theory, sound even, human nature being what it is and man being evil n stuffs, but maybe we take the cover off during DT only, you know, just living things up?

You can't TD if you don't pay now. If they showed TD

Jul 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

identity then the "cowards" as you put them would not TD any more because, as you say, they are cowards, so they probably wouldn't pay any more.

Ergo, the mods aren't about to do that.

Not to mention the all out war it would cause as already mentioned.

Re: You can't TD if you don't pay now. If they showed TD

Jul 2, 2019, 9:02 PM

If they pay to TD folks, they are stupid cowards!!!

Message removed by Author

Jul 2, 2019, 9:11 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D78 over 7K.***

Two known cereal killers, BloodbeOrange as Lizzie Borden...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:03 PM

BloodbeOrange has been desperately trying to TU everything she can since being called out a couple days ago. She had over 2,400 TDs, about 600 more TDs than she had posts.

And the other, powerman, has all of 132 posts, but over 3,100 TDs. If you remotely resemble a Conservative or don't woo hoo during pride month, she'll whack you too.

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

Re: Two known cereal killers, BloodbeOrange as Lizzie Borden...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, nice 95%!, but 1K over 20 years isn't so bad.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:18 PM

He's more stingy with praise, no doubt!

Haha, nice pull.

This guy has to have highest ratio, feaux show.

Jul 3, 2019, 8:03 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Rick-Stockstill-named-to-FSU-HOF-25606518

right @mmasked tiger® ?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I could kill me some Captain Crunch with Crunchberries!***

Jul 2, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Two known cereal killers, BloodbeOrange as Lizzie Borden... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't say much, but when you do it's to the point...

Jul 2, 2019, 9:30 PM

and I salute you for it.

Are you a Daper Dan man?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:43 PM

We're in a tight spot!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:17 AM

two weeks from everywhere.

should have named himself power bottom

Jul 2, 2019, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Two known cereal killers, BloodbeOrange as Lizzie Borden... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So who else on here can say they've never TDed anyone?

Jul 2, 2019, 9:45 PM

Yeah, I accept your congratulations. Looks like maybe
Dead&Solid hasn't either. Who would have thunk it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is well known that I have TD'd 2 people ever, franc1968

Jul 2, 2019, 9:49 PM

and @Crump®, both in order to check the Moderators' maffs.

I don't TD anyone, I enjoy reading what I write far too much for that silliness and congratulations to you, fine young man!

Re: It is well known that I have TD'd 2 people ever, franc1968

Jul 2, 2019, 10:21 PM

Dsp ... why would you ever TD franc1968 - that most positive of positive posters ?!? I remember during the depths of despair during Steeles’ less than stellar defense days franc came up with the perfect cheer to turn things around !! .... -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Haha, it was out of <3 & respect, I told franc I was TDing...

Jul 2, 2019, 10:29 PM

him for the reason given, it was good fun had by all, 'cept maybe Crump, because Crump never has fun.

I don't know that I've ever met franc, but our fathers knew each other from Block C and such.

This is from an old post I made 'bout franc. I grew up in St. Petersburg, franc was across the Bay, Tampa way.

I just gave you a TD to avenge franc. HTH***

Jul 2, 2019, 11:12 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks & +1 for not being a "coward" like BbO & powerman...

Jul 3, 2019, 7:47 AM

not my word, but others.

Apparently we can add fencesitter to that list too***

Jul 3, 2019, 8:28 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Speaking of lists, which has the no buenos, John List...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:34 AM

is another famous mass murderer - maybe he TigerNetted too?

#themoreyouknow

Re: Haha, it was out of <3 & respect, I told franc I was TDing...

Jul 3, 2019, 3:10 AM [ in reply to Haha, it was out of <3 & respect, I told franc I was TDing... ]

Cool dsp!! -:)

Re: So who else on here can say they've never TDed anyone?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to So who else on here can say they've never TDed anyone? ]

BigA! Have a good fourth brother! Love peace and chicken grease!

^^^there’s one of the TD bandits***

Jul 2, 2019, 11:20 PM

Re: ^^^there’s one of the TD bandits***

Jul 2, 2019, 11:29 PM

Bandits should be RA’d. I’ve got your back!!

Re: ^^^there’s one of the TD bandits***

Jul 3, 2019, 7:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Let’s eliminate TD altogether for 1 TU, 2 TU & 3 TU options

Jul 2, 2019, 9:53 PM

Or just TU and FU options.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just gave this a TD so I could call myself out on it

Jul 2, 2019, 9:59 PM

It's so refreshing living a coward free life now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 10:40 PM

I say keep the TU and just get rid of the TD. I have probably given a TD maybe 1-2 times over a few years, and decided to just quit it all together long ago.

Jul 3, 2019, 12:05 AM

I don't even know how to tell if someone TD'd a post of mine

Jul 3, 2019, 12:22 AM

So, I don't care who may TD'd me!

Jul 3, 2019, 12:31 AM

I swear I have had a couple TD stalkers! I had an account from 2007 that got hacked. Of course I got the troll treatment when I logged in with my new acct so i had to overcome that. But in that 300-550 pulse range, I swear I could say the most positive things and get 2 TDs. I was convinced there were trolls just TD'ing positive responses. Its been better lately but I'm sure I will likely get a couple TDs again from this post.

Jul 3, 2019, 7:23 AM

I gave you a td. I hope this helps.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic