Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions Surrounding Korn's Status Arise Again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,671

Oct 17, 2007, 7:59 PM

Bowden skirts talk about redshirting the freshman quarterback as Tigers prepare for Central Michigan. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden wears skirts???***

Oct 17, 2007, 8:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and he can fire a bolt of lightnin right from his ####!***

Oct 17, 2007, 8:35 PM

my wife says I can too......stinks bad***

Oct 17, 2007, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's best for Clemson?

Oct 17, 2007, 8:01 PM

Since when has Tommy been doing that?

red shirt the kid is best...give him an opportunity to play

Oct 17, 2007, 8:02 PM

4 years total.

Re: red shirt the kid is best...give him an opportunity to play

Oct 17, 2007, 8:03 PM

I have a gut feeling this is just away to suprise everyone and end up having korn start!!

Yeah, Tommy wants Clemson to suck yeah! Yeah!

Oct 18, 2007, 6:42 PM [ in reply to What's best for Clemson? ]

I'm only a fan but I know that Tommy wants Clemson to lose! Yeah! Let's get a mob! Wooh!

GTFO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing's for sure - Korn is not mediokra.***

Oct 17, 2007, 8:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Give it a rest. Korn is currently the backup QB. If some

Oct 17, 2007, 8:15 PM

thing happens to Cullen....he's going in. The decision to red shirt him will come at the end of the regular season.
If he has had too much playing time....he doesn't red shirt.
If he doesn't have to go in for an injured or struggling Harper, then he can redshirt based on playing time or injury. Isn't this correct? Any rule officianados care to
to clarify or comment?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, you just told B-Meist to give it a rest???

Oct 17, 2007, 8:21 PM

you got big ones ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oooops! I thought it was Justwannaread! I hope the Meister

Oct 17, 2007, 8:31 PM

exercises benevolence based on content.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfaithful Tiger Grouches!!!

Oct 17, 2007, 8:29 PM

All you guys need to shut up and let Tommy do his job. No we have not been to an ACC championship yet, so what. Who else are we going to get here that have a better win/loss record against USC and FSU as Tommy. Am I satisfied with how things have gone the past few years, no. I am ready to give up on a coach that has one of the highest graduation rates in the country.... NO and you should not either.. Tommy Bowden is right for Clemson... Just be quiet and see how the season goes, but Tommy is right for Clemson.. He will get us there, in time!!!!!!

New posters to bash fans now... wow! New low?***

Oct 17, 2007, 8:33 PM

High graduation rates correlate to low academic rank.

Oct 18, 2007, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Unfaithful Tiger Grouches!!! ]

Clemson is ranked #27 academically among public universities. That's the lowest academic ranking among public universities with Top 25 football graduation rates. It's a lot harder to graduate from a higher ranked academic school, so of course Bowden's graduation rates are higher. Big deal. If Bowden were coaching at an academically tough school like Cal (#1) or Michigan (#3) his graduation rates would be lower too. Oh, and by the way, those schools not only have superior academics, they have superior football programs.

Good Grief!!! What's with the CIA crap from CTB?

Oct 17, 2007, 8:33 PM

Korn should have some 'REAL' playtime if he is the backup. Cullen has done a great job but the fact is Korn is just one 'turf toe' or less, injury away from having to take the reins.

Re: Good Grief!!! What's with the CIA crap from CTB?

Oct 17, 2007, 8:35 PM

Seems the frustration is that there is no clear strategy.

If you are going to burn the redshirt, give the kid reps so he can slip in if/when Harper goes down or has a bad night.

If you are going to redshirt, do it and develop someone else with some reps for the same purpose.

At this point, seems what is happening is somewhere in the middle...redshirt may be burned (not sure of the exact rules) and no one is getting reps other than Harper.

Re: Good Grief!!! What's with the CIA crap from CTB?

Oct 17, 2007, 10:02 PM

Couldn't have said it better...totally agreed!

PS: It would be different if the O-Line was protecting

Oct 17, 2007, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Good Grief!!! What's with the CIA crap from CTB? ]

the QB!!! How many sacks has Cullen had this year thanks to out mighty O-Line???

He better do somthin

Oct 17, 2007, 9:03 PM

I can tell you this, what happens if we dont redshirt WK this year and Harper plays lights out next year in the spring and in the games.. then we wind up only having Korn for two years... I think how TB is using WK is either the dumbest move ive seen him make or hes got somthin up his sleeve, I hope that hes just waitin to see if Harper blows up or gets hurt before he yells Medical Redshirt for WK but I can say this I dont see Harper blowin up at all because after the bounce back he had in the 2nd half in the VT game it solidified his role as the starter.... he has done his job pretty well this year in my opinion on top of having a ALL STAR freshmen QB waitin to take over and having to listen to the fans every single game he has a incompletion say " AHHH PUT KORN IN " or " MAN, KORN COULD HAVE MADE THAT PLAY " any hooo, I really hope TB has a plan and not just wingin it with WK... GO TIGERZZ

Is this just typical double speak we are used to......

Oct 17, 2007, 11:14 PM

I wish he would redshirt Rob Spence. I am not going to bash TB for his coaching style, W/L's, or his record. However, I am so sick of this Mickey Mouse B$ I could scream. Join with the fans in the experience of Clemson football--don't sit there and treat us like outsiders! After all, we foot the salary bill here. It borders on paranoia and I sincerely mean that. We are the enemy. I am not asking him to divulge information useful to the other team but that was not a strategic question to ask. TB talks to WK--week to week--whatever that means. Who would graduate early from High school, get down here for spring practices, promised that he's going to play and doesn't - not get a little bit ticked off. This is not in any way derogatory toward CH--he has been excellent when RS isn't getting he or his recievers killed. Let the chant be heard..."RED SHIRT SPENCE-RED SHIRT SPENCE".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Korn will not Redshirt!!!!

Oct 18, 2007, 2:33 PM

Why does this keep coming up...What Tommy means "what's best for Clemson is that Kyle Parker will not come if Korn redshirts....so not redshirting Korn is the best for Clemson in the long run......Korn said he would not come if we recruited Tebow...so TB is not really doing what is best IMHO...and I know the Tebow thing is heresay....too late anyway

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I would rather a healthy Willy for four more years than

Oct 18, 2007, 9:12 PM

waste a year and get Kyle Parker who wil then sit the pine behind Willy for two years.

Korn-fed offense a worthwhile experiment considering O line.

Oct 18, 2007, 11:56 PM

Harper has done pretty well, but I think if you go back and look at the "dropped" passes (especially in the GT game) mostly you'll slightly overthrown balls (not really dropped balls). And you'll see a lot times where a more mobile QB might have avoided a sack or ran for a first down. It's not that Harper hasn't done well, but considering the relatively weak offensive line play, I think it would be a great experiment to see how the offense does with a more mobile dual-threat QB. One experiment is better than a thousand expert opinions.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,671
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic