Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any NBA fans here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Any NBA fans here?

Feb 25, 2018, 8:38 AM

Do y'all have an opinion on Zara Pachula. I feel like he is the dirtiest player in the game. He intentionally hurt Kawhi Leonard in the playoffs and he tried again yesterday with Russell Westbrook. I think he should be suspended the rest of the season. He tried to take RW out for the season why not sit him the rest of the year with no pay. Maybe then he will gain some integrity and quit trying to end other players seasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any NBA fans here?

Feb 25, 2018, 8:52 AM

Can’t stand him

Re: Nope!

Feb 25, 2018, 9:13 AM

Stopped watching when they took away the stripped beach ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

No***

Feb 25, 2018, 9:47 AM

No. It’s terrible.***

Feb 25, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I hear Michael Jordan is making a return

Feb 25, 2018, 10:00 AM

in a nut shell......No.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:22 AM

I’m a casual Hornets fan but I care about college about 1000 times more than NBA

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 25, 2018, 10:28 AM

I haven't watched the NBA since Calvin Murphy and Elvin Hayes played for the Rockets. Course, they KNEW what they meant to society.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only when the Celtics are good. So, I am right now.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:30 AM

Watch out when Gordon Hayward returns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only when the Celtics are good. So, I am right now.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:36 AM

Braves/Celtics kinda weird combo. You have to be in your late 30s or early 40s

60. Celtics won it every year in the 60s when I was a kid.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:55 AM

Also pull for the Packers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 60. Celtics won it every year in the 60s when I was a kid.

Feb 25, 2018, 11:09 AM

Wow. I was figuring you grew up in the 80/90s. Bird and Bobby cox eras.

Russell and Hammerin’ Hank.***

Feb 25, 2018, 11:28 AM

I used to be. The 90s were the glory days of the NBA.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:34 AM

That is when I became a fan and loved it. The skills and personalities were great then. Over the last 15 years or so, with life getting busier and the game changing, I have lost interest. I don't care for the "me first" attitude that seems to have overtaken the game. I miss the superstars from 20 years ago. The ones today just don't appeal to me, in terms of their style of play as well as their personalities.

I check in on the standings once every couple of months, and will usually watch some of the NBA Finals if either of teams interest me, but if it's another Cavs vs. Warriors I probably won't even watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I used to be. The 90s were the glory days of the NBA.

Feb 25, 2018, 10:42 AM

Agreed.

The 80s with Bird and Magic were considered the glory

Feb 25, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to I used to be. The 90s were the glory days of the NBA. ]

days by most.

Okay. My personal opinion is that the 90s were the best.

Feb 25, 2018, 11:10 AM

The 80s saw the NBA image improve, away from the drug-dominated 70s to the rivalry-dominated 80s. Magic and Bird had a lot to do with that. However, the 90s continued that momentum and really made the NBA a global brand. The ‘92 Dream Team and the explosion of marketing made the NBA more popular than ever. After that, the NBA was on TV more, and the internet was becoming a staple in many households by the mid-late 90s. Merchandising and marketing were making jerseys and memorabilia much more available. It wasn’t just about hoping to see your team on ABC or NBC if they were in the playoffs, but being able to see them more often on TBS, TNT, or maybe even WGN if they played the Bulls.

I can understand the nostalgia of the 80s, especially since you are a Celtics fan, but I really feel like the 90s saw the NBA at its best. That success in the 80s was built upon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Thinking the 92 Dream Team is the best team ever assembled.***

Feb 25, 2018, 11:30 AM

He does play ditty it seems, but he would have been the....

Feb 25, 2018, 10:54 AM

norm almost 20 years ago. I am not sure a guy like Steph Curry could have even survived the 80's and early 90's NBA.

Kind of long, but you see how the game....

Feb 25, 2018, 11:26 AM

used to be so much better and tougher. This is just 6 minutes of 1 game too. Some o these plays would be suspensions now. They barely even called the fouls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlbNaXnUV1w

Feb 25, 2018, 11:37 AM

Just like the NFL, they have ruined the game. There was a way of dealing with guys like this back in the day. Imagine the retaliation, from the bad boy Pistons or the Knicks with Oakley, Mason and Ewing.

Will only watch if Trevor Booker is playing...

Feb 25, 2018, 11:44 AM

currently with the 76ers. Otherwise couldn't care less.

didn't like it - then they implemented one and done rule for

Feb 25, 2018, 12:52 PM

college. now i hate it.

Feb 25, 2018, 1:01 PM

Noncommittal answer here, because I don't care enough to formulate an opinion.

Feb 25, 2018, 1:06 PM

The National Bong-smokers Association? Not really. Overpaid whiny black men that are gifted too tall. Not racist, but Black Panther is. Just read the comic book.

Does the NBA still have a league?

Feb 25, 2018, 1:46 PM

I hadn't noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 25, 2018, 2:24 PM

Not since Jordan retired the first time.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic