Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marshall Movie Revives Near-Miss For Bowdens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Dec 20, 2006, 10:46 PM

As Clemson prepares for the Dec. 29 clash with Kentucky in the Music City Bowl, Hollywood is about to remind the Bowden family how lucky they really are. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What??? That's quite an assumption! Only way Bowden would

Dec 21, 2006, 7:12 AM

have died is if he took the job AND coached exactly the same as the other guy AND booked the same exact flight at the same exact time! Anyway, I don't know all the circumstances, but that seems a little far fetched to me. Makes a good story, but doesn't present a lot of facts.

Flight was probably a charter arranged by the

Dec 21, 2006, 7:37 AM

university...could make the argument that would've occurred no matter who was coaching. Don't know how coaching exactly the same as the other guy" would affect that part one way or the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Only way coaching would have affected it is if it were a

Dec 16, 2012, 1:22 PM

bowl game. I wasn't sure. I meant to take that out. I don't know if were a charter or what happened to the plane. I'm not saying it can't be factual. I just think there's a lot of assumptions in the story.

It's just a connection... "what ifs" can't be absolute

Dec 21, 2006, 8:43 AM [ in reply to What??? That's quite an assumption! Only way Bowden would ]

but that's not the point.

The real point is that we often think: "horrific tradgedies happen to other people, not me or my family". When in fact, the reality is that we are all mortal, and all just as likely to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. There were a lot of people that were late to work, had a doctor's appointment, or called in sick on September 11, and are alive because of it. We've all had "close calls" while we were driving on the interstate.

You can take these experiences as a reminder that you are not invincible, that any day may be your last, and you don't have any control over it sometimes.

That being said, I would like to point out that many college students are putting off the beliefs they were raised under until they've had all their "fun". It might help to remember that later doesn't always arrive.

Re: It's just a connection... "what ifs" can't be absolute

Dec 21, 2006, 9:56 AM

Good point and amem to that. I can tell you personally of some experiences when I was a student that could have been different. You are quite right that sometimes tomorrow never arrives and when you're young you never think it could happen to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic