Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kyler Murray Going #1 ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,053

Kyler Murray Going #1 ??

Mar 2, 2019, 10:35 PM

He's a versatile and short talent, but I don't see it. He could make the lousy Cardinals better for a year or two as the Cards have very little offensive talent, and Josh Rosen was in self preservation mode all season.

But I still see Rosen as the better intermediate / long term QB on a competent team. Will be interesting to see this drama go down. IMHO Cards will talk up Murray, Haskins and Quinnen Williams and then trade down for picks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyler Murray Going #1 ??

Mar 2, 2019, 11:39 PM

Don’t know. Great NFL QB’s outthink their opponents and they are talented enough to put the ball where it needs to be. Kyler ran the ball a lot at OU, if he tries that in the NFL he’ll have a short career. The NFL is too violent for a running QB to have a long career. Cam is a huge guy and a duel threat QB and what’s it gotten him other than banged up? Scrambling is one thing, being a regular runner is something entirely different. The only duel threat QB I can think of, that truly had a long career, is Randall Cunningham. The interesting thing about him is, the longer he stayed around, the less he ran. QB’s in the NFL that try to beat their opponents with their body, end up getting their body smashed, that’s what I think.
As for the draft, I lean towards the big monster guys every time. If you’re losing at the LOS, you’re pretty dang likely to be losing the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+2

Mar 2, 2019, 11:49 PM

Good points about Murray running in NFL - Bama had him looking through his ear hole with shots during and after plays. Murray will see plenty of that in NFL. Also about Randall Cunningham running and surviving - and you're right, he ran less as he got older.

I see Murray running less than Lamar Jackson and not as well - Murray can pass, but can he find lanes and protection? Not much in Arizona ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think in the right system he may surprise a few people***

Mar 3, 2019, 12:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if the Cards are stupid.***

Mar 3, 2019, 8:31 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyler Murray Going #1 ??

Mar 3, 2019, 9:39 AM

I'm not even sure Murray is the best QB in the Draft. I certainly don't think the Cardinals will take him No1, they'll either pick for need at another position or trade the No1 pick to another team.

I would take Haskins over Murray***

Mar 3, 2019, 9:46 AM

When I watch him play...

Mar 3, 2019, 9:46 AM

I see Johnny Manziel. His future, IMO, was brighter with the A's.

What does that even mean?

Mar 4, 2019, 10:46 AM

90% of Manziel's problems were mental. Murray hasn't shown any of that at all.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,053
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic