Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IHME model down to 60k now, another 25% drop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

IHME model down to 60k now, another 25% drop

Apr 9, 2020, 12:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IHME model down to 60k now, another 25% drop

Apr 9, 2020, 12:43 PM

Some say the mitigation was figured into the original projections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was***

Apr 9, 2020, 12:59 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Was there ever a projection published of what would happen if we DIDN’T

Apr 10, 2020, 10:55 AM

enact all of the social distancing measures?

What did BAU look like?

null

Re: Was there ever a projection published of what would happen if we DIDN’T

Apr 10, 2020, 1:41 PM

If I'm remembering correctly that number was what Trump was talking about when he said '500K could die.' I also think that's what set Fauci/NIH and the CDC on fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure about any of it

Apr 9, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: IHME model down to 60k now, another 25% drop ]

Shut it all down!!!***

Apr 9, 2020, 12:59 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Wonder if Cuomo is gonna apologize to Trump

Apr 9, 2020, 1:02 PM

for his rants on beds and ventilators saying he wasnt provided enough....based on those ridiculous projections.
Oh and the media too saying trump is gonna kill nyers for not providing that many.

ya, probably not

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, why wouldn't he act based on the projections

Apr 9, 2020, 1:03 PM

that were available at the time? Are suggesting he should have known or assumed that the situation would improve, and acted based on that?

he said he needed 60k and trump only gave him 10k

Apr 9, 2020, 1:07 PM

and he went on a rant. These new models are saying its more like 5-6k.
What made him seem like a prick is he wanted all the supply which would've screwed other parts of the country. As the President, he's the President of the entire country, not NY. He has to disperse what they have to other parts of the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, he probably thought he needed 60K at the time

Apr 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

If I were governor, and I thought I needed that many, you better bet I'd ask for that many.

I don't know about ranting...but I'm against any disrespectful talk from this or any other government leader.

he talks all the time to the Presdent. Probably daily

Apr 9, 2020, 1:17 PM

he went on tv and was a total #### about it. He wasn't even close to running out at the time. He wanted all the stockpile for himself and was a ####. All he had to do was have a private conservation, not be a #### on tv.

Like I said, I am against anyone being disrespectful

Apr 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

to another person in public comments. I was responding to the notion that he was wrong to ask for more ventilators, which I thought was your original assertion.

no, my initial post was on his rants on asking for more

Apr 9, 2020, 1:26 PM

than was given to him. I dont mind asking for more. Thats his job to look out for NY.
It was him being a prick on national tv

Yes, you are right.***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:27 PM

lol

Apr 10, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to no, my initial post was on his rants on asking for more ]

First off, Trump Lied and said Cuomo was hiding ventilators in storage.

But please please provide a video link of the NY governor being a Pri to trump on national TV, I would love to see this so we can all take part in this alternative universe you live in.

And no, I am not talking an op ed, or a heavily redacted quote. I want to see the actual video. If it is as bad as you say, then it should be plastered all over youtube.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol

Apr 10, 2020, 1:50 PM

xtiger

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the video

Apr 10, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to lol ]

Just to be fair with Cuomo...

Apr 10, 2020, 4:45 PM

He barely misspoke, Trump sent him 4000 ventilators, not 400. His math was right according to the actual number NY got from the feds.

That being said, Cuomo is a liberal idiot. He was warned about lack of ventilators yet he spent 750 million taxpayers' dollar to build a solar panel factory which is now valued around $8 million. AOC is delighted.

Yeah I'm just going by what he said in the video

Apr 10, 2020, 4:48 PM

You know, it's great if these projections improve...

Apr 9, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Wonder if Cuomo is gonna apologize to Trump ]

But why on earth is anyone going to act like this is some kind of Trump victory?

If this projection holds, that's still 60,000 dead Americans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Why would anyone try to frame this as a

Apr 9, 2020, 1:06 PM

"Trump victory" or "Trump defeat". Who cares? We're talking about people's lives.

Exactly.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

I hope this keeps getting better, but right now, this is still very bad and no one needs to start tallying points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

huh, what does that have to do with NY? and the ###### Cuomo***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to You know, it's great if these projections improve... ]

Let me get this right...

Apr 9, 2020, 1:10 PM

He's a d o u c h e because he demanded more equipment based on earlier, more dire (holla at ya, Obed) projections?

no, b/c he was a ######## about it

Apr 9, 2020, 1:15 PM

he got 10k. Was a #### about it. Trump said we have to disperse them. Obviously that wasn't good enough for ######## and went on rants. Looks like Trump was right. ######## who was a ########, was wrong.

And is he going to publicly apologize for him being a ######## publicly?
didnt think so
Is them media going to apologize for saying idiot Trump is going to kill people?
probably not

Is this the rant in question?

Apr 9, 2020, 1:17 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/gov-cuomo-says-new-york-needs-ventilators-now-help-from-gm-ford-does-us-no-good.html

idk, ive seen 2 of them. probably one of them***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

Re: You know, it's great if these projections improve...

Apr 9, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to You know, it's great if these projections improve... ]

Apr 9, 2020, 1:16 PM

It's still a loss all around. But definitely a testament to the work of all those healthcare workers and other Americans who fought to keep this under control.

It will not be a victory for Trump. As we have already established, he contributed to this problem from the beginning. Some of those governors as well.

lol, ya no***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:27 PM

Apr 9, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, it's great if these projections improve... ]

User Logo
Catahoula
Legend [16057]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 1:16 PM

It's still a loss all around. But definitely a testament to the work of all those healthcare workers and other Americans who fought to keep this under control.

It will not be a victory for Trump. As we have already established, he contributed to this problem from the beginning. Some of those governors as well.

LOL YOU SNOWFLAKES WILL SEE IN NOVEMBER WHO GETS CREDIT WHEN HE WINS PERHAPS THE GREATEST LANDSLIDE IN HISTORY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES I GOT AN ALL CAPS DERO POST!!!1!!

Apr 9, 2020, 1:58 PM

I WIN TIGERNET TODAY.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, it's great if these projections improve... ]

Apr 9, 2020, 1:57 PM

I've already given him credit in past posts for some of the things he's done during this crisis.

The mistakes far outweigh the good, and this was one area where we couldn't afford that. Thousands will die, and probably millions will face extreme economic hardship. He has to own that.

Don't worry, I place plenty of blame on Congressional leaders as well, including the Dems.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:05 PM

Apr 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

That analogy doesn't work.

He has to own it because he had the opportunity to make moves and take it seriously on a nationwide scale much earlier than he did. And he always wants to be the main man in charge--unless, of course, it's something like this. Then he wants to blame the states.

A true leader takes responsibility during hard times. Always.

Apr 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

Apr 10, 2020, 11:38 AM

1. I've already answered this question for you and others in other threads. I'm not going to keep retyping it.

2. Where did I ask him to be a dictator? Mobilizing our federal government sooner to fight this disease doesn't require authoritarianism.

3. I didn't say we had to do that. Clearly now we need a plan. I don't really put a lack of that plan on Trump. I do hold him responsible for cutting that CDC pandemic team a couple of years ago.

Apr 10, 2020, 11:59 AM

Apr 10, 2020, 4:31 PM

No, I said I'm not going to keep retyping it out. I've already done that multiple times, and I believe I did it in response to you earlier this week.

Apr 10, 2020, 4:38 PM

Re: Wonder if Cuomo is gonna apologize to Trump

Apr 9, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Wonder if Cuomo is gonna apologize to Trump ]

One thing that bugs me about that site, and model

There is no way by July we need zero hospital beds, ICU beds, or ventilators. This isn't just going to go away to zero. Even with social distancing in place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these models have been wrong at every turn. Wonder how those

Apr 9, 2020, 1:03 PM

GW models are holding up ;)

Gave Watthews?***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How were the models "wrong"?

Apr 9, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to these models have been wrong at every turn. Wonder how those ]

They spit out projections based on data input. When the data inputs change, the resulting projections change.

well, they initially said like 5 million dead in US or

Apr 9, 2020, 1:12 PM

something. I'm sure the number just didnt change. I'm sure they changed their formula's. The point is, the models are nothing more than guesses. I probably could've come up with more accurate numbers in Feb.

And people based decisions any the hysteria of these numbers.

Saying the models are "guesses"

Apr 9, 2020, 1:16 PM

is an insult to the many brilliant minds who devote their lives to studying epidemiology. Those early projections were critical in showing the need for drastic action, and without those actions, the numbers of deaths would be more dire indeed.

Let me use an analogy. Let's say Alabama goes 11-0, winning every game by an average of 50 points, against a tough schedule. The playoff committee after Week 11 has them #1. They lose their last two games to go to 11-2, and the playoff committee drops them to #4. Does that mean the #1 ranking in Week 11 was wrong? No, it does not. It was the correct ranking for the data available at the time. When the data changed (the two losses), so did the ranking.

The American people, through their sacrifice and concern for their fellow man, have driven these projections down.

do you know their formulas? these initial numbers

Apr 9, 2020, 1:19 PM

supposedly factored in social distancing.

No, I don't, but as experts, I trust them.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:22 PM

I have no reason not to, and I also have no basis on which to argue they are wrong, having no knowledge of epidemiology myself.

well, when yoiu are wrong by 98%, i'd have to

Apr 9, 2020, 1:30 PM

say, you are doing a poor job.
jmo.

I prefer to think that we have outperformed the projections.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:39 PM

That is both the most optimistic way of thinking about it, and also the most respectful to medical experts.

They said two million, and that's without social distancing.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to well, they initially said like 5 million dead in US or ]

And probably accurate.

When there's no way they're right, they're wrong.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to How were the models "wrong"? ]

They may be right on the peak cases, etc.

No way they're right on this disappearing by July. Not even close. We're flattening the curve. That just buys us time to save lives. The only way this can be accurate is of we get a million confirmed cases, and have at least a 150-1 ratio of actual cases versus positive test results. If that's the case, this is far more virulent than an r0 of 2 or 3 or the 1.3ish of the flu, and will then have a death rate LOWER than the seasonal flu.

There is no data to explain their chart going to zero in July. It's just not there. Precisely BECAUSE we're socially distancing.

Re: One thing that bugs me about that site, and model

Apr 9, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to One thing that bugs me about that site, and model ]

And that brings me right back to the question I asked weeks

Apr 14, 2023, 7:07 PM [ in reply to One thing that bugs me about that site, and model ]

ago.

When does it end?

Answer? Never.

Re: And that brings me right back to the question I asked weeks

Apr 9, 2020, 1:26 PM

None of that will ever be reported as such.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:32 PM

At least not as "we're all going to work now and restarting the economy". Just one day, I'll ride by the boat landing, and someone will have moved the traffic cones and broken the chain, and that will be about as official as we can get with that.

Oh, it will end, probably within 2 years one way or another.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to And that brings me right back to the question I asked weeks ]

It ends when 50-60% of a population becomes infected, and creates antibodies for it. That's how they always end. Or a vaccine. Either way.

The TB vaccine thing is good news, but also bad news, depending on if it IS news. Seems at least plausible that it provides at least some level of immunity and/or prevents complications to some degree. IF it provides say 20% immunity from catching this, that means countries with universal TB vaccinations only need 30% or so of their population to get this to create herd immunity where it disappears on its own.

If something like this ends up being the case, it will alter the balance of power across the globe. The wealthiest and largest economies on the planet, at least US and western Europe, will be at a massive disadvantage as the disease will linger here far longer than in those countries already with mandatory universal TB vaccines. The tables will literally be flipped, as the wealthiest countries didn't vaccinate against TB precisely because they didn't need to. Now, those countries who did would have a massive economic and even military advantage over the US, at least for some period of time.

IF the TB vaccine provides eve minimal protection, an important lesson will be painfully learned. As a global economy, with global trade, and interdependent economies, etc., the world we've created for ourselves, EVERYONE needs to be on the same vaccination page.

Fantastic!

Way to go, American people!

NO THANKS TO TRUMP!!!!***

Apr 9, 2020, 1:35 PM

Which is it?

Apr 10, 2020, 8:11 AM

'Trump inflated the numbers to make himself look good when things turned out like this,' or 'Trump is a xenophobic racist for ended incoming travel from China?'

You need to pick a criticism and stick with it.

I have my own model which predicts that...

Apr 10, 2020, 1:23 PM

the people at IHME don't know their aszes from their elbows and those who used the models to form public policy don't either.

No offense to you, OK?

Re: I have my own model which predicts that...

Apr 10, 2020, 1:32 PM

Have you decided whether the...

Apr 10, 2020, 1:38 PM

CDC, FDA and NIH are the dumbest people on the planet or the most evil?

I said they were evil when I trounced Trump for letting them lead him around by the nose. Now I'm wondering if he wasn't playing politics and bedded down with them.

Incorrect, that model predicts that there is a 95%

Apr 10, 2020, 1:33 PM

certainty that there will be between 26,487 deaths and 154,952 deaths.

The fiver percent uncertainty may seem small, but less than 10% of the deaths from COVID 19 are under 45 years old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic