Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing I don’t understand that people keep bringing up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,954

One thing I don’t understand that people keep bringing up

Sep 3, 2019, 8:41 AM

Is that we haven’t opened up the playbook yet this year and we are saving some things for A&M. This makes sense in years past, but everyone saw exactly what we had vs Alabama in the natty. In my opinion we aren’t hiding anything, everyone already knows what we have. We will have to play better vs A&M.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I don’t understand that people keep bringing up

Sep 3, 2019, 8:46 AM

Uh, no. Bama only saw part of what we've got. BV is a genius, his mind going like a whirling dervish at all times, dreaming up new schemes!

Sep 3, 2019, 8:49 AM

And this year we have a new skill set of players

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought,

Sep 3, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: One thing I don’t understand that people keep bringing up ]

cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives". Hedley Lamarr

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sep 3, 2019, 8:49 AM

I have a feeling the coaches have come up with a few different looks since the Bama game. But even if our opponents study all of the extra stuff we showed against Bama, they still would have to stop it when the time comes for us to run it again. There is a difference between knowing what we are going to do and preventing us from executing it.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:24 AM

100% I remember at ugay one year we played and pretty much ran 1 play all night for 3-5 yards per carry by our 2 studly fullbacks (Kevin Mack, and I can’t remember the other). After the game they interviewed Goldberg, a great DT for them who later became a professional wrestler, and he said, “ we knew what they were going to run, and we couldn’t do A dam—d thing to stop it.” I don’t think TA&M has enough to stop us. Their big talk is cheap. We will find out how good both teams are Saturday PM. Pretty sure we get the “W”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You either did not watch the game Thursday or you are not very familiar with this staff.

Sep 3, 2019, 8:53 AM

Or both since your post has troll potential written all over it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes we will have to play better.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:05 AM

But that’s what our team does, gets better each week. Unlike bama who is in peak form second or third week of season and tired at the end of the year. Also look back at number of players who play in each game. I’m sure it was lower vs Texas a and m last year than others. We played a lot of guys thursday. We may not get to play as many people this week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 9:06 AM

I think we were just working on some basics making sure everyone was on the same page.

Re: things you don’t understand

Sep 3, 2019, 9:06 AM

Patience grasshopper. You are knew to tnet.... give it time and we will teach you.... observe. Absorb.

Oh, and ALWAYS read joe21, hartins, quozzel, and LiGhTBuLbBiLl’s posts.

hth?

(btw: that means hope this helps....)

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:10 AM

I think what people are referring to is that the coaches develop new schemes, wrinkles, and plays every year no matter who we play. Some of those plays and wrinkles are unleashed for particular games at certain points in the season.

Clemson doesn't run the same exact plays with the same look from year to year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 11:28 AM

Some of the awesome stuff we ran against Bama just takes lots of reps to develop. You can't run clearout crossing routes without getting finely meshed protection from your O-Line. If you run route schemes in Game #2 that you never complete because your QB had to run for his life, you've now played that hand.
In a spread, the entire offense must operate with split-second timing. If the RB hits the hole before the pulling lineman has cleared, there is no hole to hit, and instead of a big gain you have a 2-yard gain and an OL with a bruised back. It takes lots of reps to develop that precision, and since we interchange our players it takes even longer.
A disruptive defense like ours can also set the timeline way back.
So yes, the offense is still rather vanilla, but i don't think we have the capability of making exotic plays tight now.
Early season football is all about vanilla on vanilla, getting playmakers in space and who makes more big plays/mistakes.
If these 2 teams were to play again in the CFP--i don't think A&M is quite that good but we'll see--the game will have an entirely different level of play.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:32 AM

You think we're gonna run 37 screen passes again?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,954
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic