Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no?

Mar 27, 2018, 9:01 AM

I’m not asking if he starts I’m asking if he plays. I’m my opinion I could see him playing in every game to get him ready to take over next year as starter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no?

Mar 27, 2018, 9:02 AM

Barring injury, he will play this year. This kid is not redshirting. You will see him on the field in the second half against Furman.

null

Mar 27, 2018, 5:02 PM

By 3-5 games we will be set with HJ & TL handling QB duties and "one he.. of a slot back/WR" in KB. He can run like a deer and be a threat each time he has ball in his hands. I can see KB throwing the ball(or running) out of the slot with one of the WRs getting a quick burst on a DB and KB putting it up for the speedster to run under. **I am speaking of him being in motion and getting ball on pitch sweep.
We hear about TL's speed. I see him having a lot of success running the ball, as much as passing, in the beginning. Opposition will be concentrating on stopping him when passing.
By middle of season, if not by Texas A&M game, we will see TL and HJ (and maybe Brice) handling QB duties. I do see Dabo being hesitant to completely take QB chores completely away from KB totally.
I really think that KB has a future as a WR in NFL.
I realize that others will take opposition to all this, but I am good with however Coaches and Dabo decide.

Mar 27, 2018, 5:09 PM

KB is a QB. He will end the year as a QB. He'd start for virtually any other school as a QB.

Not saying he wouldn't be successful as a WR (don't have a clue about his hands)...but he's here to play QB. I think he will stay at QB EVEN if that meant him riding the pine the latter half of the season.

Mar 27, 2018, 5:34 PM

I'd pump the breaks on him starting at any other school as a QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

There might be 30 D1 QBs that would keep Kelly on the bench.

90-17

Mar 27, 2018, 9:05 AM

Definitely plays.

Mar 27, 2018, 9:06 AM

Based on what I've read on TNET.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 27, 2018, 9:07 AM

definite red shirt, needs to work on his arm strength and accuracy. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 9:08 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that he will not lose a game to the USuCoots while he is at Clemson , playing or not .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Barring an injury

Mar 27, 2018, 9:15 AM

or a Nuclear War, yes, he plays.

Mar 27, 2018, 9:16 AM

Based on what Scott said in comparison with DW4 and previous comments from Dabo, I don’t understand how he wouldn’t start at some point in the season.

One being that “he doesn’t look like a freshman...” DW4 was mentally ready to go and as we all know he got hurt too.

Second, Dabo has stated that TL is “physically “ more than any other that’s come in here.

So, if he’s mentally already where DW4 was and physically better place than where DW4 was then how can he Not play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 12:35 PM

Trying to compare this season to Deshaun’s 1st is like comparing apples to oranges ?? because the talent behind Kelly is stronger than we have ever had with 2017’s number 1 QB and the number 1 overall 2018 Player behind him and last we have Chase Brice who is underrated coming from 7a Ga. football.

We have never been so blessed at the position. Trevor’s talent in time will be better than all of them in my opinion but Hunter Johnson has all the tools and has been in the system a year longer. It’s going to be difficult for Kelly to hang on but any of them could win the battle this year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

"So, if he’s mentally already where DW4 was and physically better place than where DW4 was then how can he Not play"

Because he's got KB in front of him. DW4 had Cole Stoudt...'K?

Do you even coach speak***

Mar 28, 2018, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Definitely*****

Mar 27, 2018, 9:16 AM

Yes and I see another 56-7 type drubbing in USuCk’s not so distant future.***

Mar 27, 2018, 9:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes and I see another 56-7 type drubbing in USuCk’s not so distant future.***

Mar 27, 2018, 9:34 AM

56-7 would be with us taking our foot off the pedal at half time.

He plays if KB gets hurt; other than that..pump the brakes

Mar 27, 2018, 9:33 AM

tiger nation.

Re: He plays if KB gets hurt; other than that..pump the brakes

Mar 27, 2018, 9:35 AM

Pretty sure he will play regardless, as a starter or back up.

Re: He plays if KB gets hurt; other than that..pump the brakes

Mar 27, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to He plays if KB gets hurt; other than that..pump the brakes ]

There is a difference in "will he play" and "will he start".

The answer is simple....baring any injury, he WILL play, even if it's 2nd string or 3rd string. he'll hit the field at some point, just like all available QB's did last year that weren't red-shirted.

Yes!

Mar 27, 2018, 9:35 AM

He's not going to be here for more than four years - so play him!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I honestly think the questions should be about...........

Mar 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

when he becomes the starter. I think it's a definite that he'll play and will start at some point. No disrespect to KB or the other QBs, but everything I'm reading is saying TL is the real deal.

DS isn't going to let a talent like him sit on the bench.

Mar 27, 2018, 10:12 AM

1. The early reviews are in.....Fields is the REAL DEAL! So, a couple folks I know who either attended a practice gave me their takes on freshman quarterback Justin Fields. One source could not stop heaping praise on Fields. This guy is as pessimistic as Larry Munson in overtime. Still, when I asked about practice, he started and ended with effusive praise of Fields. “I’ve never seen anything like Justin Fields,” he said. “If you didn’t know who he was, you’d think he was a pro quarterback.”

Apparently, Fields connected on some impressive passes on Tuesday. Then on Thursday, a person who goes to every practice told me, “Fields had some of the most unbelievable throws I have ever seen before today.” That second source said Fields is “so mature” and he was not expecting that, and that the quarterback picked up the playbook very quickly and has even taken extra time to learn signals.

Then, there were the zone read plays. My sources informed me Justin kept the ball a couple times and took off, and it was as if “there was no one else on the field.” Another source described Fields this way: “He had some crazy runs. Even though we are just in helmets, I have never seen a quarterback run the way he does.”

So, what does that mean for Jake Fromm? Well, my source who said Fields had those “unbelievable throws” said Fromm looks even "better."

I DON'T CARE!

Mar 27, 2018, 10:15 AM

Win something and get back to us!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You and my delusional leghumper coworker

Mar 27, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

must have the same source. Because his source told him after TL committed to Clemson, that he based on where he was going on a coin flip between the puppies and the Tigers. Glad we won that coin flip!!

Will someone call the dwag catcher, PLEASE!***

Mar 27, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

“Just great poise, confidence, awareness. He’s got a great ability to process and learn quickly,” Swinney said. “And those are things that you really don’t know until you start coaching a guy, but he’s not overwhelmed and he’s competing. It’s been great.” - Swinney

“That’s the one thing he probably doesn’t get enough credit for, but he can fly,” “He has a great pocket presence. It’s very natural for him. He’s very instinctive. I think you can see that, but what I don’t think he gets as much credit for is his ability to leave people. I mean he can move. He’s very athletic, and it was exciting to see him make some plays.” - Swinney

“Trevor Lawrence, he kind of stands out to me a lot,” “I just feel like he’s grown up fast for himself for him to be coming in as a freshman … As far as just throwing the ball and things like that, I feel like he’s going to be a really good player.” - Trayvon Mullen, DB

“I think that Kelly feels that those guys are on his heels,”“Now, obviously, he’s still the guy, still the most veteran guy. He handles some situations a little bit better than the younger guys because he’s got the experience. But I believe that he feels that those guys are coming. And, actually, it’s pushing him, because I thought that he had a good day too.” - Tony Elliott

“He does not look like a true freshman that showed up in January,” “He is one of those guys that as soon as he learns it one time, he knows it and he can regurgitate it and does really well in meetings.” - Jeff Scott

“Obviously Trevor is getting better every single day,” “The thing that you have to respect about him is he always explodes, you know never really gets rattled, you see a lot of these young quarterbacks in their first spring ball sometimes seem overwhelmed, they just haven’t quite seen that yet. Again, we’ve gone a little slower with the installation, but granted to him in the way that he prepares and doesn’t rattle.” “His arm is as advertised,” “What I saw today that he did good is when he ran,” “You know he ran a couple plays, took off running and guys weren’t able to catch him. So, I think people underestimate his ability to run. I knew that he was a really good athlete, and obviously you don’t know how fast a guy is until he’s on your practice field and he’s running against competition that you see every day, and he was able to pull away from some guys and has a natural presence.”- Tony Elliott

Nice...we can do that too, mutt.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

Too bad he will not get the chance to ever play against TL.

We got the better QB. I know it. You know it.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

Keep trolling or whatever your therapist tells you that you need to do to help you cope with the truth. The generational talent is in Clemson.

Re: We got the better QB. I know it. You know it.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:58 PM

Keep trolling or whatever your therapist tells you that you need to do to help you cope with the truth. The generational talent is in Clemson.

I don't know what it was with Fields, but he just did not take over games like you would have expected. He usually statted well but what you'd see from Lawrence is, he'd throw 4-5 TD's in the first half and be gone by halftime.

Fields, not so much.

Fields' games were a lot closer. He was averaging 330 yards per game - 220 through the air, 110 on the ground - which is very, very good, and there were times he did indeed look dominant. He also went to sleep and vanished for long stretches in games. They only went 7-3 (I don't think Lawrence lost more than a game or two in four years!), and won a lot of games by single digits, where Fields was in the entire game...and he still was held to under 30 points in five of those games.

So for as talented as Fields allegedly was, his Harrison team - and Harrison offense - were shockingly ordinary. Maybe it was the team and coach...but I was never as impressed as I expected to be when I watched him in actual games. Whereas Lawrence was just insane. Vaporize the enemy, done.

Re: We got the better QB. I know it. You know it.

Mar 27, 2018, 4:59 PM

I’m no film guru but I’ve seen film on both. It’s not even close. JF is a great athlete but TL is on a completely different level. I don’t know why there has ever been any debate over who the top QB is. JF did better at a combine? So what. Garbage like that is why Deshaun Watson wasn’t the first QB taken in the draft last year. Anyone who has seen them play knows the truth whether they choose to admit it or not. They can reason themselves out of it just like the teams who passed over Deshaun but anyone who acknowledges the results on the field knows better.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

Who cares about your Georgia crap?

Mar 27, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

1. The early reviews are in.....Fields is the REAL DEAL! So, a couple folks I know who either attended a practice gave me their takes on freshman quarterback Justin Fields. One source could not stop heaping praise on Fields. This guy is as pessimistic as Larry Munson in overtime. Still, when I asked about practice, he started and ended with effusive praise of Fields. “I’ve never seen anything like Justin Fields,” he said. “If you didn’t know who he was, you’d think he was a pro quarterback.”

Apparently, Fields connected on some impressive passes on Tuesday. Then on Thursday, a person who goes to every practice told me, “Fields had some of the most unbelievable throws I have ever seen before today.” That second source said Fields is “so mature” and he was not expecting that, and that the quarterback picked up the playbook very quickly and has even taken extra time to learn signals.

Then, there were the zone read plays. My sources informed me Justin kept the ball a couple times and took off, and it was as if “there was no one else on the field.” Another source described Fields this way: “He had some crazy runs. Even though we are just in helmets, I have never seen a quarterback run the way he does.”

So, what does that mean for Jake Fromm? Well, my source who said Fields had those “unbelievable throws” said Fromm looks even "better."

TL has waaay better hair. Not even close.

Who blew the Dawg whistle?

Mar 27, 2018, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

Whoever it was...you're grounded!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense will Plant your Fields, if he gets the chance to

Mar 28, 2018, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

go against us in the playoffs. Take that evaluation to your Leg Humper bored, 'cause nobody here gives a dayum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only discuss teams that can win championships on Tigernet

Mar 28, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

You should visit Georgia Tech's message board to discuss these shenanigans.

THROW this dawg out...and leave him out!***

Mar 28, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: One question will Trevor Lawrence play this year yes or no? ]

Mar 27, 2018, 12:10 PM

If he is as good as advertised it would be STUPID not to play him.
But it’s a big step form HS to the ACC.
Sure KB can lead us back to the CFP with the Defense we have.
Won’t need to score much to win this season, but with the talent we have there is no reason we can’t have a complete team this year

Mar 27, 2018, 12:15 PM

Lawrence will be starting at some point this year. My own guess would be he's by a good bit the more effective of the two QB's against A&M and starts thereafter.

Lawrence is apparently just too good...and Bryant apparently hasn't progressed.

Bryant was going to have to improve as much as he did between his sophomore and junior years to hold off Lawrence...and he apparently has not. (Which disappoints me, I thought he could.) Barring some great revelation this summer, though, Bryant appears to be what he is at this point.

And Clemson, at the end of the day, is Wide Receiver U. It's Dabo's comfort zone, how he butters his bread, where he's from. We will always, always have the best wide receivers in football...as long as Dabo (and Jeff Scott) are here. It's who we are, what we do.

Our coaches were pragmatic enough to win tailoring a game to Kelly Bryant's not-insubstantial strengths last year, but there were things he couldn't do, and the wide receivers weren't being fed like they historically have been. We didn't really have a change-up available...Cooper wasn't good enough, and Hunter Johnson wasn't ready.

Lawrence, by all accounts, is ready. And then some. And if he's showing that on the front end of early enrollment, he's only going to gain steam as they head into Fall camp.

Mar 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

This right here hits on all points, +1.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:32 PM

He starts by mid season.

He or Hunter will be the starter by season's end***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:01 PM

That will mean we underperform &have lost a couple of games

Mar 28, 2018, 11:00 AM

If we're winning games KB ain't coming out unless he's injured. So you're thinking we're going to have a subpar season next year? Man i hope not.But anything is possible i guess.

Re: That will mean we underperform &have lost a couple of games

Mar 28, 2018, 11:42 AM

We'll go undefeated, but it'll be because of the D. If we have games like last year versus WF and Auburn where we struggled to get anything going then Hunter and Lawrence will play some. If they preform, KB will lose the job.

Or like the Cuse game, I am still burning Hunter did not

Mar 28, 2018, 6:31 PM

play then. Cooper was pathetic.

Eh, is what it is. We won't win a Natty though unless we...

Mar 28, 2018, 8:51 PM

can go down field in the air.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic