Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One prophecy you cannot deny that Jesus fulfilled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

One prophecy you cannot deny that Jesus fulfilled

Mar 27, 2020, 8:24 AM

This is a map of world religions, Christianity in purple. The Old Testament in many different places claimed that the messiah would become the "light" of the nations. That his message would expand to reach the ends of the earth, and whether or not you believe he actually lived or not, that prophecy has been fulfilled. Hard to believe that a small group of followers despite not only the tremendous persecutions they faced, but living in a time where there were thousands of religions around them would expand like this. You have to ask yourself why has Christianity been able to cross so many different cultures while the other religions have generally stayed in the region they were born.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone cross-checked COVID-19 with Nostradamus yet?

Mar 27, 2020, 8:27 AM

I'm waiting for the slew of articles showing how he knows the future because he wrote 3.6 billion words in cryptic gibberish covering about everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Qanon followers say the cabal started it

Mar 27, 2020, 9:26 AM

That ish is as close to Nostradamus as anything else is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone cross-checked COVID-19 with Nostradamus yet?

Mar 27, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Anyone cross-checked COVID-19 with Nostradamus yet? ]

You may find out sooner than you planned for.

Sure, but while Christianity may represent the plurality of

Mar 27, 2020, 8:36 AM

religious people (just checked and it's roughly 26%) which means that 74% of people follow other religions or are unaffiliated.

Sure, I'll give you that Jesus said Christianity would spread and it did. But so did many other religions who have even more followers.

It is impressive following no doubt but hardly what I would call supernatural. Other religions can make roughly the same claim as you are.

Re: Sure, but while Christianity may represent the plurality of

Mar 27, 2020, 8:47 AM

Not really. Islam has more followers simply because it’s the main religion in the most populated area of the world.

It’s not about having more followers, it’s about the religion expanding across the entire globe crossing so many different cultures. What other religion has even come close to doing that?

Most of them have come and gone. The God of the Bible has been worshipped since the beginning of human history.

That is simply factually incorrect. There were many

Mar 27, 2020, 9:06 AM

Religions by the time Christianity came on the scene.

Christianity also borrows many of its ideas from older religions. A savior born of a virgin, for example, was not an original concept in religion.

Maybe do a little bit of research on the subject, it is very interesting stuff.

Man is a very curious animal. These were the best attempts to explain our original before we had a scientifically rigorous process to really find out.

Now that we know lighting doesn’t cone from angry gods and we were “created” through a natural evolutionary process, we can leave the myths behind. Well i mean, keep them to study of course but to live by? No thanks.

Re: That is simply factually incorrect. There were many

Mar 27, 2020, 9:43 AM

Christianity doesn’t come on the scene in the Bible until the New Testament bro. The first 39 books cover the beginnings and history of the Jewish people.

When I first heard that Christianity borrowed from other religions I’ll admit it threw me for a loop. I’ve studied into it though and upon closer inspection the similarities to other religions are loose and actual evidence for them come after Christianity.

I know, i've read it. The bible is a work of fiction and

Mar 27, 2020, 9:52 AM

not a historical document. I realize it speaks as though it was the first thing but it also says a snake convinced a woman to eat an apple and that's the reason we don't live forever so pardon me if that's a bit hard to take seriously.

Re: I know, i've read it. The bible is a work of fiction and

Mar 27, 2020, 10:03 AM

You say you’ve read it but, no offense, you continue to show your ignorance on it. You act like it was written by some stoner in a cave trying to trick people.

The Bible is a historical document in many respects. It narrates plenty of historical events that have proven to have happened.

The writers, like a lot of people in the ancient world, were simply interpreting events from the perspective that their version of god was acting in them.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:34 AM

Ok, please do enlighten me. There are certainly sprinkles of truth in there historically but show me why i should believe the talking snake narrative? Or any of the miracles?

Where is the proof they happened other than the bible saying so?

Mar 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

There is a lot of speculation, little proof that DMT-like substances was a part of the middle eastern culture. There is much thought that these were enlightenment and vision seen by those during while on the drug. It was as easy as mixing two plants.

Perhaps God spoke to them through these visions and moments in time. Many people who have DMT experiences in non-sensory environments see religious visions and come out of the experience with a new appreciation for God.

I sit on the fence, but I think its a great explanation and totally makes sense to me. Not everything is literal in the bible of course, much is subject to interpretation. If you are looking for it all to be literal, you will never understand the true purpose of the Bible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 12:55 PM

"If you are looking for it all to be literal, you will never understand the true purpose of the Bible."

Why does there have to a purpose other than it's what people believed; just like any other religious text?

Isn't it more likely that there is no supernatural backing and it's just written to the best of people's understanding at the time?

I know I would have believed it, in fact, I did up until I was about 25ish. I made it threw college with my faith fully intact so I'm fully aware of how the other side of this conversation goes.

Mar 27, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I know, i've read it. The bible is a work of fiction and ]

It really all hinges on whether or not you believe we were created or evolved naturally. You mentioned the universe in another thread being proof for the latter. I see it the opposite. The fact that we are the only planet as far as we can tell that can support life points to creation. The fine tuning of the universe. The complexity of simple cells and information they contain. All these things could not have randomly come about. So if you believe in creation, that makes it possible, and even plausible, that whatever outside agent created us can and will act in history.

You think there is sufficient evidence that the universe poofed into existence from nothing, and despite unfathomable odds against it grew into what we see today. That's way more unbelievable than a man putting two of every animal on a ship. Ken Ham has proven that's possible.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:11 PM

Did you skip basic biology? Evolution is the cornerstone of modern biology, nothing really makes sense without it. How do you think corona virus came on the scene? Hint: it evolved

Why don’t you do a little research and see for yourself, ken ham is an idiot.

Why do manatees have toenails like their elephant cousins. Why do male animals, including us, have non-functioning mammary glands?

Check out the phylogenetic tree of life that is supported by hard DNA/Fossil evidence that you can see yourself.

I know you’ve lived in a religious bubble but the reality is that the “evil liberal scientists” aren’t out to send you to hell, they simply present what they’ve found through the scientific process.

If you want to believe that all of these universities, labs and research groups are just lying about it, knock yourself out.

Well, it was forcefully expanded for a long time as well

Mar 27, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, but while Christianity may represent the plurality of ]

Not only did whitey come and take your land in the name of (France, Spain, England, The Netherlands, somewhere in Europe), he also made you believe in some crazy sky daddy,too. A few generations later and those folks believed it like they never knew anything different.

Re: Well, it was forcefully expanded for a long time as well

Mar 27, 2020, 10:05 AM

Ok, but it did in fact spread all over the world.

lol..yeah it did.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:05 PM

Just like all those black folks jumped on cruise ships to come work on plantations in America.

Re: Sure, but while Christianity may represent the plurality of

Mar 27, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure, but while Christianity may represent the plurality of ]

Imperialism

Re: One prophecy you cannot deny that Jesus fulfilled

Mar 27, 2020, 9:49 AM

All bull.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic