Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In 116 years of playing this game, it's one of the most.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

In 116 years of playing this game, it's one of the most.....

Dec 30, 2012, 11:18 AM

important games for our football program..to see where we are..see where we can go or need to go to move forward. What say you?

Go Clemson TiGERS...FIGHT, FIGHT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even close

Dec 30, 2012, 11:21 AM

Of course I want us to win, but to suggest this game is of any real importance (or any more importance than any other game against a fairly highly ranked team) is short-sighted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 116 years?? It's not that important***

Dec 30, 2012, 11:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In 116 years of playing this game, it's one of the most.....

Dec 30, 2012, 11:30 AM

This is a very important game but, I really don't think one of the most important in 116 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2012, 11:34 AM

I know of four games in the last four years that was more important than this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what...?

Dec 30, 2012, 11:47 AM

To quote an NFL player who said..."if the Super Bowl is the ultimate game. Why do we play it again every year..." Same with this "most important game" for now.
E

The most important game is always the next one

Dec 30, 2012, 11:48 AM

it's that simple

^^^This^^^ ******

Dec 30, 2012, 12:42 PM

Re: ^^^This^^^ ******

Dec 30, 2012, 1:36 PM

I agree that the next game is always the most important, the question took a more historical view. In that context, this game has moderate significance win or lose. It will help or hinder next season's preparations only somewhat either way. It will potentially impact the decisions of a few recruits, which will also have some short term impacts.

Where this game may have a larger impact relates to where the program is right now. We are on the cusp of taking steps forward, but we are not quite there. A win over LSU may or may not be what gets us over the hump. Personally, I think it will take a little more. I also think that Dabo is building a solid foundation and building the program up gradually. IMO, games against LSU tomorrow and UGA to kick off next season can help speed up that process.

No. There's been lots of games like that.

Dec 30, 2012, 11:53 AM

For one, the Cotton Bowl win over BC started a golden age of Tiger football in the 40's and 50's.

The huge win over Ohio State in 1978.

The big wins over UGA, UNC, and Nebraska in 1981.

The UGA wins in 1986 and 1987.

The big wins last year over Auburn, FSU, and VTX2.

It is a big game but it is not the biggest in 116 years.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. There's been lots of games like that.

Dec 30, 2012, 12:26 PM

important games..NOW. Yes, I understand there have been scores & scores of important games (at that time)...and at this time it's one of the most important games in the last 116 years since it shows us where we are as to the SEC which is the premier conference.

If we can't compete with the SEC, then we won't be successful to the point of getting to the NC game..since you have to go through them almost every year..as Notre Dame will find out soon.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our program will not collapse if we lose. And we have an

Dec 30, 2012, 12:28 PM

opening SEC game next season.

I expect us to compete and if we execute at a high level we will beat LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2012, 12:27 PM

I doubt this game ranks in the top 100 or 200 games we have played.

Didn't say it was THE MOST IMPORTANT...just 1 of the most

Dec 30, 2012, 12:35 PM

important games in the last 116 years...mainly since it gives us a great gage to see if we've improved since the SC loss...and because we will have to go through this best conference in the country (SEC) in the future to get to where we want to go...the NC game.

Just saying...Go Çlemson TiGERs!

Dec 30, 2012, 12:30 PM

It's a bowl game,a chance to end the season on a winning note.Our football program will go on,but this game is no more ,or less important than the opener against UGA next season and definitely less important than taking care of business next season down in Columbia.

One of the most important was November 23. But its time to

Dec 30, 2012, 12:32 PM

move forward. This game is a make or break season type of game.

If we lose, what did we do this season?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

AND, if we lose then we lost to all 3 best teams (2 in SEC)

Dec 30, 2012, 12:37 PM

we played...and the other 10 wins were against patsies for the most part.

Was NC State really a patsie?

Dec 30, 2012, 12:39 PM

HMM . . .???

Not a patsie, but certainly a team we should beat and should

Dec 30, 2012, 1:15 PM

fully expect to beat if our football program is anywhere near where we all want it to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yes.

Dec 30, 2012, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Was NC State really a patsie? ]

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/nnn

They're not that good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the most important was November 23. But its time to

Dec 30, 2012, 12:54 PM [ in reply to One of the most important was November 23. But its time to ]

Nov 23rd was MUCH MORE important!! that one really hurt and I just don`t see concern among our coaches or admin!!! maybe I am wrong

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not wrong. They downplay that game to the likes of

Dec 30, 2012, 1:40 PM

playing Furman or Wofford. An instate game that doesn't matter because they can still play for ACC Championships.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic