Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One issue that is bothering me about Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,665

One issue that is bothering me about Morris

Nov 29, 2012, 6:50 AM

is that anytime you interview for a job you have to prepare for it and your mind is not really focused on your current job. In other words it is a distraction. It is why the NFL prohibits teams from interviewing assistant coaches during the season and even the postseason when the propective coach's team is still in the playoffs. Saturday's offensive game plan against the coots was one of the most pathetic ones I've seen in a longtime from us, especially under Morris. I can't help but think if he interviewed this week with NC State there is a good chance he was not fully focuused on the task at hand with the Gamecocks last Saturday. His gameplan was proof of this and if so that is totally unacceptable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One issue that is bothering me about Morris

Nov 29, 2012, 7:00 AM

That game plan was so unimaginative, I'm sure he could have come up with better on the plane ride to rawlee. I still can't understand why he had Tajh staying in the pocket, looking for the down field pass to be open. We should have been running slants and misdirections all night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jeff Scott was calling the plays against the coots

Nov 29, 2012, 7:22 AM

...in preparation of taking over as OC. Don't shoot the messenger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Jeff Scott was calling the plays against the coots

Nov 29, 2012, 8:11 AM

The play calling sure looked like a genetic connection to Brad Scott. I even thought at halftime that we were
being so conservative on Offense. Just like Brad Scott was when he was OC. Don't tell me we are heading back to those days again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the issue that bothers me most....

Nov 29, 2012, 7:18 AM

is his inability to adjust when the defense gets his number in a game. The QB keeper should be a set up play for other plays. We ran it 5 million times in the second half of the SCar and FSU games. Not many teams have the options to work with that he does.

It won't bother me if he leaves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good point

Nov 29, 2012, 7:38 AM

I agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 7:39 AM

Only problem with that thought is ncst did not fire Obrien until after the game against the coots. So I don't think Morris was preping for an interview he did not even know would take place! Just my thoughts! Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect the decision had been made last week and the

Nov 29, 2012, 7:50 AM

process began at that time to contact candidates for interviews early this week so that they didn't miss out on anyone. No way was O'Brien fired on Sunday and a candidate given one day's notice to appear for an interview.

Nov 29, 2012, 7:45 AM

I am going to agree with you. As I said Saturday, Morris looks and is coaching like someone had slipped him a Mickey. Maybe it was sugar plums dancing in his head, instead.

Shhhh, ECtiger

Nov 29, 2012, 7:49 AM

Wouldn't want the chicken littles to use rational thought.

The decision was made to move in a new direction awhile ago.

Nov 29, 2012, 7:54 AM

Candidates were being lined up last week. That's how these searches usually work. Now go clean the fry machine and make me a biscuit.

Nov 29, 2012, 8:02 AM

That's ridiculous. It's not as though he had new material to study before attending the interview. For heaven's sake, at this level, the interview isn't to determine whether he knows the "X's and O's." It's to assess his people skills. NO preparation was necessary. He went to meet with the people for both sides to "feel out" the other and determine their level of chemistry. Don't turn this into some kind of witch hunt. We lost Saturday because the gamecocks have a better football team right now; and the key difference is their defence versus our defence. A player like Clowney makes a team. His superior ability keeps their opponents on guard. In addition, he spurs the other guys on to be better than they normally would be. We haven't had that kind of player for a few years, but they're on the way. So relax; there is no "conspiracy." Everything in life is cyclical. We're in a down cycle defensively and South Carolina is in an up cycle, but they've peaked. We're on our way up, and it's going to be awesome when it all comes together. If "Chad" gets the opportunity for a HC position, more power to him. I hope he stays in the ACC as he will definitely improve the league. We need that. I'd love to have him stick around a few more years but he has his own career to think about. I trust Dabo to find a suitable replacement. And with the talent we have offensively we will not miss a beat. So relax, and take a deep breath. The sky is not falling! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any person worth their salt prepares everyday for the next

Nov 29, 2012, 8:12 AM

level if that's their goal.

he must have been preparing for the interview in the 2nd half of the fsu game too.

both great, pressure ds stressed him and it showed in our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 8:18 AM

Could it be that Spurrier has his number? You know, Morris' offense was pathetic in Columbia last year as well.

Nov 29, 2012, 9:18 AM

That is a great point...

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic