Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson on FSU: The crowd and the stands don't win the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson on FSU: The crowd and the stands don't win the game

Oct 24, 2016, 6:01 PM

Watson on FSU: The crowd and the stands don't win the game

The home crowd at Florida St. Saturday night will be loud and raucous, but Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson isn’t worried about the noise, the music or the big stage. He knows that the players on the field win games, not the fans in the seats. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson on FSU: The crowd and the stands don't win the game

Oct 24, 2016, 6:07 PM

Thank you #4,for all you do,have done,and will do for Clemson University!

This one is going to be loud

Oct 24, 2016, 7:59 PM

Imagine if they said that about us

Re: This one is going to be loud

Oct 24, 2016, 9:51 PM

Good thing they can't have an affect on the game, all they can do is scream.

Im almost positive it would have been loud either way

Oct 25, 2016, 11:33 AM

He didn't say they would affect the game. In fact, he said they would have an affect but that the crowd doesn't win games, players do.There is a huge difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2016, 11:48 AM

Right, so to sum it all up, and what Deshaun was politely saying, is we work way too #### hard and are wa too #### good, and are way too concentrated on what's going on during the game, to be worried about people sitting in the stands screaming

Oct 24, 2016, 6:08 PM

Bring your " A " game! I'll be cheering from Wyoming... Was so nice to have my heart rate stable for a whole Saturday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2016, 6:09 PM

TigerNet ain't gonna like this Deshaun, don't he know the fans win the game!

Seriously, cant wait to see 4 lead them in Tally! Behind you no matter what 4, I know how hard yall are working and this means more to you and that team than anyone could ever imagine.

One exception to that rule..."I AM DEATH VALLEY"

just saying

This kind of story is funny. The exact opposite is written

about DV.

I think stadiums and crowds do affect the game. They distract players, even if it's just a short time or a small amount. Weaker-minded players can be thrown off. Communication can be inhibited. It is a factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This kind of story is funny. The exact opposite is written

Oct 24, 2016, 6:11 PM

Go figure. Straight from the best players mouth and people still don't believe it lol

Death Valley and the Oculus helps us win games b/c

Oct 24, 2016, 6:24 PM

no other Stadium can match it the Sound and Voodoo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death Valley and the Oculus helps us win games b/c

Oct 24, 2016, 7:22 PM

Noise is a factor. Whether that be from the music played at the game, fans screaming on 3rd down, the noise does have an affect. But it doesn't decide a game, it's 100% players and coaches.

Now the oculus on the other hand...

Oct 25, 2016, 5:29 AM

If all those other things are factors, I'd argue it could only be maximum 99% players. But I'd give at least 1% to coaches, so that takes players to 98%

Oct 24, 2016, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Death Valley and the Oculus helps us win games b/c ]

;)

Oct 24, 2016, 6:29 PM [ in reply to This kind of story is funny. The exact opposite is written ]

Deshsun did say that the crowd can influence the game but the players on field win games. Luckily this team has faced adversity and played in hostile environments on the road so I feel confident that they can handle this challenge and rise to the occasion. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 24, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to This kind of story is funny. The exact opposite is written ]

If you have been to Doak Campbell when that Seminole puts that spear in the ground it is about as loud as any stadium in the country...but I agree with #4, he knows what determines the outcome of the game. I've got a feeling if we don't win, it will not be because they did not give their best effort of the season. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 24, 2016, 6:58 PM

Cliche' statement made by every athlete ever

Oct 24, 2016, 7:30 PM

Crowd is gonna be on mute after our Florida boys reintroduce themselves to the state

Oct 24, 2016, 10:26 PM

Agree. Cliche statement.

Yessss they doo Deshaun*** Cut it Out!

Oct 25, 2016, 5:26 AM

Nm

Oct 25, 2016, 10:56 AM

OK folks, I admit that I am an FSU fan and will shout down the walls if we win. Reality check ! FSU will not win this game and will lose by 17 or more points. The reasons are obvious, no defense and no offense.
FSU has struggled to protect their QB all season giving up 21 sacks so far. That is against good teams but shows that the offensive line will not hold well against a much better defense like Clemson's.
FSU's defense, on the other hand, has key experience players out with injuries and has no experience to draw on.The secondary is slow to react and just as slow to adjust to the inside check down.( ranked 83rd in passing defense efficiency through 7 games ) Clemson is ranked number 3 in defensive passing efficiency through 7 games. This will add to the FSU disadvantage of less than stellar receivers and a QB that does not have the experience and understanding of the game that can overcome a top 3 passing defense.
FSU's only hope will come via mistakes,take-aways,injuries or other "Halloween" happenings that can't be planned for.
What FSU may have, and I emphasize "may" will be the drive to not be embarrassed on their home field. I doubt that will be enough.
So,while I will hope for some amazing and unexpected stellar performances from FSU,I won't be shocked if the Tigers don't own this game from the start.

Except of course DV

Oct 25, 2016, 12:26 PM

where the crowd has caused about 15 false start penalties in hairline tight games.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic