Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NFL Combine: Vic Beasley makes a weighty statement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: NFL Combine: Vic Beasley makes a weighty statement

Feb 21, 2015, 8:01 AM

NFL Combine: Vic Beasley makes a weighty statement

Vic Beasley made quite the statement Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine, and he didn’t even have to take to the field to do it after weighing in at 246 pounds, 11 pounds heavier than his listed weight for the Russell Athletic Bowl. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hate to take a hit from beast. 1st rounder!!!!!

Feb 21, 2015, 8:17 AM

POTENTIAL RECRUITS TAKE NOTICE. NFL TALENT IS HAILING OUT OF CLEMSON.

WELCOME TO THE LEAGUE.

Re: I would hate to take a hit from beast. 1st rounder!!!!!

Feb 21, 2015, 8:23 AM

Let's haul butt down to Florida and find out how that bulk was added and employ it at CU.

Re: I would hate to take a hit from beast. 1st rounder!!!!!

Feb 21, 2015, 8:45 AM

I read somewhere that they think he ate Philip Dorsett to gain that weight. Our Tigers are heading down to south beach this season I'm sure they will find a few more Hurricanes to eat. GO TIGERS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DE-University? Go Vic-Go Tigers!***

Feb 21, 2015, 8:20 AM

could have sworn during our early season weigh ins Vic

Feb 21, 2015, 9:53 AM

was around 245 pounds then.

there was a weigh in where they audibly said 245 then he

Feb 21, 2015, 10:36 AM

Was listed at 235 and people said he said 235. Every person I had watch the video says he clearly said 245.

It was one of those big weigh in videos but I think it was actually the one before 2013 season.

Re: there was a weigh in where they audibly said 245 then he

Feb 21, 2015, 11:29 AM

He was 236 pause the video at 6:02 and you can read the scale for yourself . The nutrition side is just as important as lifting weights .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WBdq2E9Cs

What new training program do our players go on after they

Feb 21, 2015, 10:32 AM

finish? Vic gains 11 pounds, Sammy says he worked muscles he never know he had at Clemson, CJ morphs into a mini hulk. Can we not find out and get Batson to use it?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One big thing to remember is that they are out of school now

Feb 21, 2015, 11:15 AM

So they don't have to worry about classes, practice, drills, etc. They can focus full time on putting on weight without having to worry about 2 a days that can burn that weight off. I'm not saying that our S&C is elite or anything but in regards to guys getting ready for the draft and combine there are extenuating circumstances. Just look at Clowney. He arrived at the combine having lost a lot of weight to help with his 40 time yet everyone said that he would, and he did, regain that weight once he got into the league.

Re: One big thing to remember is that they are out of school now

Feb 21, 2015, 1:10 PM

Well, given Clowney's propensity for slacking off at practice and taking plays off in a game, that's not a big surprise. While I'm sure the extra time to focus on combine activities helps, there is something employable being done. Perhaps it could be used in summer workouts.

Re: What new training program do our players go on after they

Feb 21, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to What new training program do our players go on after they ]

I don't know of anyone who went to the next level that didn't bulk up and gain weight. Wayne Simmons and Levon Kirkland immediately come to mind. Having a trainer in school and having a personal trainer in the NFL is totally different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What new training program do our players go on after they

Feb 21, 2015, 5:23 PM

Vic is not in the NFL yet. We are talking 7 weeks from the bowl game. As far as more time, when you work out in college you workout the same time as when you are not in school. And summer has a lot of hours. So it should come to the type of workout.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NFL Combine: Vic Beasley makes a weighty statement

Feb 21, 2015, 11:27 AM

If this were anybody else it'd scream PED's. I know Vic is a withstanding man who wouldn't go that. A clemson man

Feb 21, 2015, 3:02 PM

you can tell he has bulked up in the last 2 pics..Beasley is definitely a first rounder

Feb 21, 2015, 4:57 PM

Best wishes to Vic...we will miss him...he will be a good one for whoever picks him...Go former Tiger...we will follow your career.

All Vic did was go in and rack 225, 35 TIMES! 2 OT's,

Feb 22, 2015, 6:24 AM

whom I would imagine outweigh Vic by 70+ (probably closer to 100) pounds are literally the only 2 who did more, and they could only put it up 36 and 37 times. 100 pounds worth of quickness to give up 1-2 reps of 225....I think I'd go with Vic on the winning outcome of that match-up more times than not! If he goes past #8 overall, somebody's getting a steal IMHO. Didn't we recruit Beasley originally as a RB? I know he played both sides in HS, (including RB, DL, and maybe as a DB; could be thinking of someone else. Idk) but can't remember which position we officially recruited him for, but if anyone knows, please respond....because now I have to know. The young man is an absolute, bona-fide, ATHLETIC FREAK! GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Meant to be a reply to original post^^^***

Feb 22, 2015, 6:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10'10" board jump, and a 41" vertical----WOW!!!***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:13 PM

Feb 22, 2015, 6:24 PM

Congrats! I know some team will get a beast, and what a great example he set for us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic