Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One Voter Went Shopping
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,007

One Voter Went Shopping

Nov 3, 2020, 12:03 PM

Before coming to Clemson in 1955, I was living in Belle Glade, FL. About 6 - 8 miles down a dead end road was a huge farm and cattle ranch. Several families lived at the site and less than ten were eligible to vote. Being so remote, they were designated as a precinct. On election day, all of the eligible voters were at the voting site ready to cast their votes. Their claim to fame was the fact they were always the first precinct in Florida to report their vote total. The poll workers completed their tasks in short order and could close up shop.

During one election, one of the eligible women voters arose early that morning and headed to West Palm Beach before the polling site was open to do some shopping. All of the other voters were there when the polls were opened. The poll workers had to wait until the lady returned in late afternoon to cast her ballot. Their record for being the first precinct to report their total votes had now been broken. I don't recall if she was tarred and feathered but I bet she didn't repeat that stunt again.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic