Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard from Buckie Fan just now that ESPN2 said something about DaBO leaving..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,944

Heard from Buckie Fan just now that ESPN2 said something about DaBO leaving..

Nov 27, 2018, 6:39 PM

and wondered if it had to do with statement he made concerning the “Win Felt Like Loss” statement from a Fan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard from Buckie Fan just now that ESPN2 said something about DaBO leaving..

Nov 27, 2018, 6:57 PM

Nope. Nothing to see here.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhm, Bill...

Nov 27, 2018, 7:01 PM

I think your bulb is just a quarter turn loose.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uhm, Bill...

Nov 27, 2018, 8:00 PM

Don’t know if you saw the video Salty but you and I were on target this morning. He clarified his comments today. For Dabo to “threaten to leave” in the sense that people generally mean it would be totally out of character for him anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I saw it...

Nov 27, 2018, 11:12 PM

And for every person who was on point, there's still 5 that disagree...adamantly. I'm stunned at the sheer numbers who are incensed by what he said...after all he and his staff have done for Clemson. SMH...

I hear you Salty ...

Nov 28, 2018, 12:03 AM

I also understand there is a distinction among alums & long-term fans who love everything about Coach Swinney and the coaching staff & teams he has built ... but still place their loyalty to Clemson ahead of their loyalty to Coach.

Clemson is fortunate to employ Dabo, but if he outgrows Clemson, most Clemson alums including me will wish him the best and continue our life-long loyalty to Clemson.

Anyway, I think that's part of the subtext. Let's hope for at least another successful five years with this outstanding coach - at least through his sons' matriculation - and hopefully even more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the early 90's Clemson's

Nov 28, 2018, 5:32 AM

Administration put its 'vision', such as it was, ahead of Clemson and its' alumni and supporters. The chosen direction was a massive turn off to me...so I walked, checkbook and all.

Personally, it's not my sense Dabo is 'above Clemson', nor is it an objective. He does have a perspective unique to the profession and, Lord knows, he has conviction and doesn't shy away from it if challenged. It's rare in his profession, but it's not a negative in the least, in my view.

From the time 'leave' entered the discussion, it's been my thought he meant leave the profession. He sees what society looks like...it's not particularly pretty. Clemson and Dabo have created a unique 'culture' that allows students to grow on many different levels, while fostering personal growth. Dabo's view is worrying about what a 'win' looks like is petty and pales in comparison to the big picture, which is simply to win, but win the right way (back to the cultural base). When college football and Dabo's 'vision' can no longer coexist, he'll 'leave' the profession...another school won't change anything for him.

Dabo and Clemson are both at the point they really owe nothing to one another, but their marriage is quite strong due to shared 'values/vision/take your pick'. It's going to change some as the marriage matures...hopefully the core that binds the relationship continues to strengthen. Individually, they're strong, but the reality is, combined, they're formidable...and will be forever linked, regardless what the future holds.

LBB:

Nov 27, 2018, 7:49 PM

U No Better....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Watch the second video.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:55 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/WATCH-Swinney-on-winning-culture-All-ACC-honors-defensive-fixes-31675

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. Watch the second video.

Nov 28, 2018, 6:18 AM

This one is after he cooled down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have dozed off. He said Dabo was leaving

Nov 27, 2018, 8:21 PM

all the other teams in his wake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, bill the bulb, is exerting much energy

Nov 28, 2018, 1:34 AM

seeking to b the cutest and most clever person on the board. This, from a man, that willingly admitted having been on the short end of stick in at least two divorce actions. AND, either due to the plea agreement or the cost to litigate two divorces, bill bulb no longer has season tix. If the bulbing bill would concentrate more on the seemingly weak relationships, rather than the every day pathetic fables he pushes, he MAY b able to get some access to these season tix he once enjoyed. Right now he is just an hold man that looks like a wanna b and thinks he knows it all.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,944
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic