Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump understands we don’t need
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Trump understands we don’t need

Apr 10, 2020, 7:51 AM

massive nationwide testing program.

Unfortunately, Fancy Nancy is on the wrong page.

Pelosi on Testing - March 13 - "The three most important parts of this bill are testing, testing, testing,"

Trump on Testing - April 9 - When asked “Don’t you need a nationwide testing system for the virus before you reopen?” Trump responded “No. We have a great testing system. We have the best testing system in the world.” “We want to have it and we're going to see if we have it. Do you need it? No. Is it a nice thing to do? Yes,"

Dude...... You’re Fired!

Without a massive focus on manufacturing testing kits with a WARTIME SENSE OF URGENCY, Trump is delaying the opening of the economy. Anyone that doesn’t understand this simply doesn’t understand math and logistics.

I nominate TigerBalm for US Secretary of Testing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump understands we don’t need

Apr 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

Hmm .

Not sure if fan-boy or critic .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through.

Apr 10, 2020, 7:57 AM

They think you should test everybody. Ok so you test me today and I’m negative. But I could be positive tomorrow. So are you going to test me weekly, monthly? It’s just not practical to think you’re going to test everyone AND be meaningful. Now that being said I’m not at all arguing we don’t need a robust ability to test, because we do. But to turn our brains off and think testing is everything is also false.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Antibody testing is key but there isn't a reliable one yet

Apr 10, 2020, 8:05 AM

We are going to be social distancing and limited to small groups for a long time without testing, a miracle drug, or vaccine. I believe we will get it done with or without government. Our medical research is top notch.

Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

fact is that these trump haters would b!tch about trump if he discovered the cure. the hatred for one man is very sad to see in these times. i can not stand obama and think he was the worst thing for this country in history but i was not on the internet daily berating his every move. i do it more now than i did when he was in office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 8:46 AM

TDS is hard to understand.I just walk away when someone tells me Hillary would have made a good president.Worse yet they want Biden.Just simply hate the man beyond reason.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

TDS is hard to understand.I just walk away when someone tells me Hillary would have made a good president.Worse yet they want Biden.Just simply hate the man beyond reason.

Sorry, but anybody (even Ted Cruz) would have been better than TheDonald. He's the laughing-stock of the world. Most people, internationally, cannot believe had badly he has left the US unprepared for the coronavirus -- while lying about the virus spread daily as a vanity attempt.

Apr 11, 2020, 1:31 PM

Sorry, Most people, internationally, cannot believe had badly he has left the US unprepared for the coronavirus

“He” in this case would be Obama, after depleting the national stockpile for H1N1 early in his two terms and never replenished it, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 12, 2020, 8:44 AM

ah! of course. Obama's fault for not replenishing N95 stockpile 3 years into Trump's presidency.

Apr 12, 2020, 9:55 AM

I’m not sure Obama or Trump are responsible for supplying the entire country with masks.I saw one instance where 6000 masks sent to NOLA were dry rotted.I don’t think anyone could have been prepared for the number needed.

Apr 12, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

Actually, if you check you would find the GOP controlled the House and Senate.
The GOP would not allow restocking.

But TheDonald first received a WARNING report from his staff on Dec 22nd. He ignored it.
Then he received a written WARNING report from XXXX on Jan 29th. He ignored it.
(The impeachment was essentially over by Jan 29th. And he went to Mar Logo.)
Then he received a written WARNING report from XXXX on Feb 23rd. He ignored it.
Meanwhile he repeatedly said COVID-19 would be no problem.
You CAN'T COVER FOR TRUMP and Pence. Their lack of planning will have cost tens of thousands of lives. Fortunately for Trump, most of the governers responded to limit social interactions, that reduced the number of cases and deaths.
Your Trump went from no problem to 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in a few days. What a stupid man.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

TRUMP IS STUPID FACE IT.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:22 AM

User Logo
mogrip55
Mascot [24]
TigerPulse: 60%
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 9:16 AM

TRUMP IS STUPID FACE IT.

YEP A GUY THAT BECAME A GAZILLIONAIRE, MARRIED A SUPER MODEL AND BECAME THE MOST POWERFUL MAN ON THE PLANET IS JUST PLAIN STUPID. GOT IT.

Apr 11, 2020, 1:34 PM

But he has tiny hands and stupid hair.
Obama had great creases on his slacks and could read from a teleprompter like nobody’s business.

Trump Derangement Syndrome focuses on what’s really Important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 12, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

deroberts said:

User Logo
mogrip55
Mascot [24]
TigerPulse: 60%
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 9:16 AM

TRUMP IS STUPID FACE IT.

YEP A GUY THAT BECAME A GAZILLIONAIRE, MARRIED A SUPER MODEL AND BECAME THE MOST POWERFUL MAN ON THE PLANET IS JUST PLAIN STUPID. GOT IT.

He's a lier, a cheater, a crook and a con artist.
He has cheated contactors, suppliers, and cheated on all of his wives.
And he's cheating you, me, and all other US taxpayers, daily and illegally.
Was it 17 members of his staff that went to jail in the first 2 years he was in office?
Yeah, he has drained the swamp but refilled the basin with criminals. Great guy.
Apparently, YOU don't get it.

Apr 12, 2020, 7:39 PM

And he and his father cheated on their taxes from the time that TheDonald started working with his father. (Oh, yeah, there's a reason why he doesn't want anyone to see his taxes.)

FYI, Peter Navarro (on his staff) gave TheRump the grave, warning letters on January 29th and February 23rd.

And Trump has the audacity that no one knew the COVID-19 virus would be bad.

But, way worse, Trumpers believe any BS he slings. Sad for Trumpers.

Do you have no where else to vent your

Apr 12, 2020, 7:45 PM

Anger...or is this an outlet for you to not abuse someone under a shared roof? Give it a rest..ok?

Apr 10, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

Trump is not stupid.I post about supporting him and I get no real reply as usual.If you are for open borders,sanctuary cities,high taxes,undoable green new deal,Medicare for all that’s fine.But it is not free.

Apr 11, 2020, 1:40 PM

EVERY Republican President is characterized as stupid and/or evil by the Leftist media.

And those like Gore that flunked out of Divinity School are obviously geniuses. I’m sure we could never see Obama’s college grades because his 4.0s would make everyone feel bad. And Biden who graduated at the bottom of his class is pretty sure he’s smarter than you, Jack.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

I’m sure you can do better

Mogrip

Apr 11, 2020, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

Your just a little whiny #####! Keyboard warrior

Apr 10, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

All he had to do was mention one possible treatment option, that's being used worldwide BTW, and the left instantly decided he was trying to either kill a bunch of people to make himself a profit or that he was just making stuff up out of thin air. They then actively started banning its use even though its been used safely for 80 years. Yet the left pretends they are the party of science. Anyone denied the use of this treatment should sue them into oblivion.

Apr 10, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

deroberts said:

fact is that these trump haters would b!tch about trump if he discovered the cure. the hatred for one man is very sad to see in these times. i can not stand obama and think he was the worst thing for this country in history but i was not on the internet daily berating his every move. i do it more now than i did when he was in office.

Right, and Trump has no responsibility for this. I think all Presidents should be required to pay off pron stars in the future, lie every day about everything (Ivanka's created 15 million jobs) and have the worst comb-over in history.

But you don't understand how people despise the man. "i can not stand obama and think he was the worst thing for this country in history"

My tribe is better than your tribe. ;)

Apr 10, 2020, 12:27 PM

^^^ this guy has to sit down to pee.

Apr 11, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

“but i was not on the internet daily berating his every move”
Because you were too busy berating fellow Clemson baseball fans instead you miserable old fart. Politics aside you’re an a-hole

Apr 12, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Needs to be testing no doubt but some people don’t think this through. ]

I agree and have thought the exact same thing. What good is testing if you don't know that the people you are associating with have been tested and are negative? And even if they are negative the day before the test, how do you know they have not contracted it since. Ultimately, a vaccine will have to be developed, but we sure can't wait until then to open the country back up.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:13 AM

Trump knows more than the medical community just like he knew more about ISIS than the generals, right?

Apr 10, 2020, 8:27 AM

What if you had it and are over it? Does tge test tell you? Or is there another test that will? If that is the case we do need wide doread yesting to tell us extent of past cases.

A week after the NC in NO, I had what I thought was a mild cold. I have seen several other posts from people who went to NO say the same thing happened to them. Then in mid Feb after visiting friends in Wilmington, NC I had another, this time with a bad cough but no fever. The circumstances of the first one and the cough, which is rare for me, make me wonder.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two different tests. One would tell you if you have it. The other is

Apr 10, 2020, 8:39 AM

An antibody test that if works correctly can tell you that you were infected with it at some point. It would be interesting to see what happens if that’s developed. If you tested positive for antibodies or the virus itself and its documented, would you be seen as bullet proof and allowed to return to a much more normal life? Would then people try to go get it to get it over with so they could return? Sounds crazy but I bet there are many that would.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump understands we don’t need ]

An antibody test is coming soon that will identify people who have recovered. This is more important than you might realize for determining what they call "herd immunity". This is the key for society getting back to normal this year without a vaccine.

This will sound weird, but I hope you had it and got over it (without infecting someone else).

Apr 10, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump understands we don’t need ]

I was mildly sick in December with the “crud” other people had. It does make you wonder. I’ll be glad when there is an antibody test that can give us some answers.

Go Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 9:04 AM

Know several people that had flu like symptoms back in November.One had traveled to Dallas,the other Orlando.Conventions with numerous people.Both were tested twice for the flu and came back negative.One had a dry cough that took over a month to go away.Will be interesting to see the results if they are tested with the blood antibodies.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:19 AM

November is a bit early for the USA, so doubtful it was COVID-19. But you never know.

Apr 10, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump understands we don’t need ]

I think one test they're developing is the antibody test. I'm no doctor so I may have this all wrong, but I think if you've had it, you have antibodies to it and that's what they're testing for.

My brief foray into medicine..

I was sick as a dog the end of February

Apr 10, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump understands we don’t need ]

I was down for the count for two weeks.

I think I was just sick and not Covid-19, but who knows...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isis. Now there is a name

Apr 10, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump understands we don’t need ]

We haven’t heard in a while. Wonder what happened to them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m waiting on Adam Silver to know when to reopen economy.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:39 AM

He was a few steps ahead of all the politicians.

Wrong board***

Apr 10, 2020, 8:48 AM

Re: Wrong board***

Apr 10, 2020, 8:51 AM

There is no wrong board this month man , It's a free for all and if you're here you're part of the gang .

Sigh .

DB23

Re: Wrong board***

Apr 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

I wasn't even aware there was a politics board until last month. Think about that. Over a decade on TNET and blissfully unaware that there existed a place where people congregated to talk about what the government should be doing for them.

Weak-minded mewling kittens should stay there and complain about how someone should take care of them, whilst leaving men to discuss football in peace.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:22 AM

OP, if you fire Trump, you had dayum well better have a dayum good replacement. So, unless you do (and we all know you don't), then go back to suck on Pelosi's #####.

Apr 10, 2020, 12:18 PM

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

if you can't say something nice about somebody shut up!***

Apr 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

Apr 10, 2020, 9:25 AM

I'm having trouble seeing your logic here. How is saying that it is possible to reopen the economy even if testing kits are not available the same as your implication that Trump is doing something to deter testing kits from being made?

For example, if I say that it is possible for me to ride a bicycle to work, that statement does change the fact that I would prefer a car and constantly do everything I can to keep a car available for me to drive to work.

Good greif....

Apr 10, 2020, 9:45 AM

BIG HOUSE said:

Pelosi on Testing - March 13 - "The three most important parts of this bill are testing, testing, testing,"

Trump on Testing - April 9 - When asked “Don’t you need a nationwide testing system for the virus before you reopen?” Trump responded “No. We have a great testing system. We have the best testing system in the world.” “We want to have it and we're going to see if we have it. Do you need it? No. Is it a nice thing to do? Yes,"

Dude...... You’re Fired!

Without a massive focus on manufacturing testing kits with a WARTIME SENSE OF URGENCY, Trump is delaying the opening of the economy. Anyone that doesn’t understand this simply doesn’t understand math and logistics.

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The Administration and Federal Government as a whole have shown great urgency in ramping up COVID-19 testing. For starters, they put a 4 Star Admiral (Brett Giroir) in charge of testing; have cut through some 30 years of accumulated CDC red tape, antiquated infrastructure, and bureaucratic procedures in order to streamline and make our testing more responsive/efficient; have contacted every test kit manufacturer to have them maximize the production of COVID-19 test kits and are working with every available lab and testing facility in the USA to increase production and throughput of COVID-19 testing. These are the facts and you can see the results of their urgency in this chart from April 5th:

You will notice the significant ramp up in capability over the last 10 day period of the chart - over 1 Million tests were conducted in that 10 day period with more and more testing capability being added every day. This type of increase doesn't happen with magic - a lot of people from the Federal Government, State Governments, manufacturing base, labs and hospitals are urgently working to increase our capability. The complexity, logistics, and challenges to the whole testing process, from manufacturing the kits to getting results in a lab is not some instantaneous "snap your fingers and the problem is solved" kind of problem.

So when you make comments as you did above, trying to score political points that are not based on the realities of what is happening, you disparage the work that many dedicated people are doing. You disparage the Admiral who has taken the COVID-19 testing by the horns and significantly increased our capabilities; you disparage the manufacturers who are doing everything they can to quickly make and distribute these test kits; you disparage the health care workers conducting the tests; and you disparage the labs whose workers are churning the test results as fast as they possibly can. So just stop with this nonsense that we are not taking testing seriously and with great urgency.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good greif....

Apr 10, 2020, 10:10 AM

User Logo
tabbyplague®
Orange Blooded [4244]
TigerPulse: 100%
Good greif....
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 9:45 AM

BIG HOUSE said:

Dude...... You’re Fired!

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The Administration and Federal Government as a whole have shown great urgency in ramping up COVID-19 testing. For starters, they put a 4 Star Admiral (Brett Giroir) in charge of testing, have cut 30 years of accumulated CDC red tape, infrastructure, and procedures in order to streamline and make our testing more responsive/efficient, have contacted every test kit manufacturer to have them maximize the production of COVID-19 test kits, are working with every available lab and testing facility in the USA to increase production and throughput of COVID-19 testing. These are the facts and you can see the results of their urgency in this chart from April 5th:

You will notice the significant ramp up in capability over the last 10 day period of the chart - over 1 Million tests were conducted with more and more testing capability being added every day. This type of increase doesn't happen with magic - a lot of people from the Federal Government, State Governments, manufacturing base, labs and hospitals are urgently working to increase our capability. The complexity, logistics, and challenges to the whole testing process, from manufacturing the kits to getting results in a lab is not some instantaneous "snap your fingers and the problem is solved" kind of problem.

So when you make comments as you did above, trying to score political points that are not based on the realities of what is happening, you disparage the work that many dedicated people are doing. You disparage the Admiral who has taken the COVID-19 testing by the horns and significantly increased our capabilities; you disparage the manufacturers who are doing everything they can to quickly make and distribute these test kits; you disparage the health care workers conducting the tests; and you disparage the labs whose workers are churning the test results as fast as they possibly can. So just stop with this nonsense that we are not taking testing seriously and with great urgency.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH THOSE FACTS. SMH.

Re: Good greif....

Apr 10, 2020, 8:54 PM

Definition of mathematics
1 : the science of numbers and their operations (see OPERATION sense 5), interrelations, combinations, generalizations, and abstractions and of space (see SPACE entry 1 sense 7) configurations and their structure, measurement, transformations, and generalizations

He’s not a Navy admiral,

Apr 11, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Good greif.... ]

or Coast Guard admiral for that matter. He’s above the surgeon general, who is actually a vice admiral in the same civilian service. Deborah Birx is a retired Army colonel, though.

Re: He’s not a Navy admiral,

Apr 11, 2020, 2:30 PM

or Coast Guard admiral for that matter. He’s above the surgeon general, who is actually a vice admiral in the same civilian service. Deborah Birx is a retired Army colonel, though.

Admiral Giroir is the top officer of the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps which is one of the 8 uniformed services in the United States (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and the US Space Force are the other 7). His rank of Adimiral (O-10 pay grade) draws the same base pay as any O-10 in the military services and those serving in the PHSCC receive essentially all the same benefits as military service members. While these guys have a different chain of command than the armed services (they are not part of the DoD) they are every bit as much of a commissioned officer as I was for 27 years - because all uniformed service commissions come from the same source - the President.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's very, very different

Apr 11, 2020, 4:41 PM

He's a political appointee. The rank comes from being nominated and confirmed.

I know, I know - officers in the military are also confirmed by the Senate.

Correction

Apr 11, 2020, 5:21 PM

I googled. That job typically only comes with the rank of admiral if the appointee is already commissioned in that service. Trump made an exception for some reason - I think he just likes uniforms even though his father bribed a doctor to keep him out.

Another oddity - Giroir has been nominated three times by Trump to the WHO. McConnell has returned the nominations twice without action, with the third one pending since March.

So what's your point Archie?

Apr 11, 2020, 10:27 PM

You seem to be going out of your way to infer something about Admiral Brett Giroir but are just beating around the bush without explicitly stating your point. Considering there has been nothing that indicates Admiral Giroir is not capable of performing the job for which he has been commissioned, I'm not exactly sure the point you are making.

Please explain - just be sure to provide us with your own combined medical and uniformed service qualifications and experience when you do. I think it is only fair for us to know that any negative judgement you have of Admiral Giroir is based on medical expertise and is not some twisted transference of Trump hate.

I'll let you off the hook

Apr 11, 2020, 11:19 PM

You originally were trying to make a big point that putting a 4* admiral in charge of testing was a huge deal. I didn't recognize the name, so I looked it up. Then, I guess, you did too.

No, I knew all along that Admiral Giroir was a direct

Apr 12, 2020, 8:38 AM

commission of the PHSCC - anyone who served in the military can look at his uniform and tell (the white USPHS tape above his left chest pocket is a dead give away). I just found that your inference that Admiral Giroir is not worthy of the rank or position he holds to be disrespectful. I personally know and served with a handful of Army Doctors that received direct commissions to the ranks of Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel and Brigadier General. I guess you would think those guys were unworthy of their ranks and positions as well. Guess I should have never saluted or shown proper respect to any direct commissioned officers that outranked me - since according to you these direct commissioned officers were/are somehow lessor officers unworthy of their commissions.

But back to the bigger point... YES...putting the top 4 star officer of ANY uniformed service in charge of something IS A BIG DEAL...

I'm just going to disagree with you

Apr 12, 2020, 1:25 PM

I see him as no different than any other under-secretary or assistant secretary. A political appointee, who in this case insisted on a uniform when it wasn't required. Some are good, some are bad. Some are in position as a political favor (which seems the case here, related to his dismissal from A&M, in addition to appeasement of the religious right).

My instinct tells me most Trumpers would sing a different tune had Obama appointed a crony of Blagojevich to the same position and given him a commission.

Apr 10, 2020, 10:59 AM

You’re about as dumb as they come. China didn’t do a nationwide testing and no other country has. This a deep state agenda to create a 100 percent vaccine by late summer so that they can do a digital tag on everyone. The vaccine used in Senegal resulted in 7 fatalities of children before it was banned by the president and the physician was locked up. You have to use some common sense. Ask yourself if this is so bad then why is the total number of fatalities in the US 15% lower than March last year.

Apr 11, 2020, 12:43 AM

Here’s your deep state. Sounds like they got you on board. Trump laughing (at you) all the way to the bank.
https://youtu.be/il-22Q8mECc

this guy like Felix and now I’m convinced carlsbad

Apr 11, 2020, 12:57 PM

Are trying to convince to convince themselves that the dems will win. This is all this is, wishful thinking

On the main page their is a nice little story about 81 d***

Apr 11, 2020, 1:01 PM

That’s what he said yesterday

Apr 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

Doesn’t mean a #### thing, because he has no power over it, only some influence over a few idiot governors in SC, GA, and FL.

His story will likely be different today. It might even change halfway thru his rambling at 6 pm if he makes it long enough before soiling his diaper.

Apr 11, 2020, 8:52 PM

You are just flat wrong. I think I will take Dr. Fauci’s opinion over yours. Testing is necessary to determine where people can start returning to normal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2020, 5:01 PM

Noonan is flat out right. 100% correct.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic