Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On This Date: 1991 (14)Clemson- 21 North Carolina - 6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,030

On This Date: 1991 (14)Clemson- 21 North Carolina - 6

Nov 9, 2018, 8:40 AM

November 9, 1991
Chapel Hill, NC

Cameron, Clemson Run to Win in Sleet-Soaked Chapel Hill

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- DeChane Cameron rushed for 117 yards and two touchdowns Saturday, leading No. 14 Clemson to a 21-6 Atlantic Coast Conference victory over North Carolina.

Rudy Harris carried 16 times for 54 yards and a touchdown for the Tigers, 6-1-1 overall and 4-0-1 in the league. Natrone Means had 77 yards on 15 attempts and Clint Gwaltney hit field goals of 31 and 27 yards for the Tar Heels, 5-4 and 2-4 in ACC play.

After North Carolina had narrowed the lead to 7-6 with 6:12 to go in the third quarter, Clemson broke the game open with two straight touchdown drives.

The first was a methodical 17-play, 58-yard drive that featured 14 rushing plays, including eight Harris runs. Harris eventually scored on a 1-yard dive 34 seconds into the fourth quarter, putting Clemson ahead 14-6.

The Tigers struck quickly for their next score when Cameron hit Terry Smith for a 48-yard pass to the North Carolina 8-yard line. That set up Cameron's 1-yard scoring run three plays later with 11:04 left in the game.

The Tar Heels, trailing 7-0 at halftime, used some opportunistic special teams play to come close in the third quarter.

North Carolina first recovered a fumbled punt return by Darnell Stephens at the Clemson 21-yard line with 10:14 to go in the period. That led to a 31-yard field goal by Gwaltney 50 seconds later to make the score 7-3.

On Clemson's next possession, Chuck Lynch's 13-yard punt was partially blocked by Bracey Walker to give the Tar Heels the ball at the Tigers' 48. Seven plays later, Gwaltney hit a 27-yard field goal to cut Clemson's lead to 7-6.

The only scoring in the first half came on Clemson's initial drive of the second quarter. Facing third-and-5, Cameron went around the right end and raced 41 yards untouched into the end zone to put the Tigers up 7-0.

North Carolina moved into Clemson territory five times in the first half, including a first down at the Tigers 11, but failed to put any points on the board.

Gwaltney missed a 39-yard field goal with 8:11 to go before halftime and Clemson's Nelson Welch had a 55-yard attempt blocked on the final play of the half.

https://youtu.be/lUExBTopu2w

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I was at this game on the Cheerleading squad.....

Nov 9, 2018, 12:20 PM

Several things I remember about it:
Absolutely miserable cold. I think the beginning of that youtube video showed 38 degrees, 11 degree wind chill factor. 20 mph winds.
At some point in the game over the PA system they told the people in the upper deck they could move down to the lower decks.
I remember there was so much rain that it was rushing down the bleachers to the bottom of the stadium like a river.
At halftime several of us when to the bathroom and stood under the hand dryers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,030
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic