Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On SMU board...Morris to SMU, ECU OC to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,059

On SMU board...Morris to SMU, ECU OC to Clemson

Nov 20, 2014, 9:33 AM

http://ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75232

Sorry if Germans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I wouldn't be unhappy with Lincoln Riley.....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:36 AM

if and when Morris leaves for a HC job, the concensus seems to be that Jeff Scott will be promoted to the OC position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: While I wouldn't be unhappy with Lincoln Riley.....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:39 AM

I Like Jeff but id rather go with someone proven. Jeff learned a lot from morris so i think we would just end up with a knock off morris who cant coach as well. If morris does part we need to get someone who will run a system with substance instead of so much flash that gets shut down when we play someone with equal talent.

Let's just get both and have co-offensive coordinators***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Let's just get both and have co-offensive coordinators***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:52 AM

do you think he would leave ECU to be a co-off coord?

I like Lincoln I think he is a good OC. He has struggled at times this year. In first half against USF and had trouble scoring against Temple. But he also isn't working with the type of talent he would have here. But if he did struggle a game or two then everyone on here would be calling for him to fired.

The good thing if this scenario played out would be that Lincoln wouldn't cost 1.3 million and we could give BV a raise.

I live about 45 minutes from ECU so I follow them quiet a bit and think their offense is really good so this would be a good hire IMO

Re: Let's just get both and have co-offensive coordinators***

Nov 20, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Let's just get both and have co-offensive coordinators*** ]

if scott is not promoted to oc he will leave with chad as his oc imo.

If you don't give Scott at least a chance, the backlash

Nov 20, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: While I wouldn't be unhappy with Lincoln Riley..... ]

you're going to feel in recruiting is going to be tremendous. Of course I have no way of knowing for sure, but I think a big sell of getting these guys on campus is telling them that if Morris leaves, after learning under him for a few years now that Scott is the guy and they will still be in the same offensive system.

Again, just spitballin' here, but I think somehow someway THIS system (the successful system with Tajh, Sammy, Martavis, Nuk, etc) is what is being promised to these recruits..

Agree and disagree at the same time....

Nov 20, 2014, 9:55 AM

Does Jeff Scott deserve a chance? probably. everyone has to get a chance. the question is where does that "chance" start? there examples of plenty of position coaches that have been promoted to Cordinators all over the D1 landscape. If Scott doesn't know it by now, with his pedigree (his dad) and the on the job training he has had, then he will never know it.

Now to say that our recruiting would drop off if Scott was not promoted because of a "system" we run, then I have to disagree to an extent. The guy at ECU runs a similar system, heck there are more teams now going to the "spread" like ours that can promise elite players the same thing.

We get recruits because not because of one guy or a system. We get recruits because Dabo knows how to sell the hell out of what makes us all proud to be Clemson alum or family.. just my opinion.

Re: If you don't give Scott at least a chance, the backlash

Nov 20, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to If you don't give Scott at least a chance, the backlash ]

You cannot hire or fire coaches based on recruiting. Go out and get the best coach you can find. Dabo can handle the recruiting.

Re: If you don't give Scott at least a chance, the backlash

Nov 20, 2014, 12:47 PM

I would want Lincoln or Norvell from ASU

Re: While I wouldn't be unhappy with Lincoln Riley.....

Nov 20, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: While I wouldn't be unhappy with Lincoln Riley..... ]

Jeff Scott would be a knock-off of Chad Morris who is a knock-off of Gus Malzahn.

For the money we pay, we don't need a third generation knock-off. We need the real McCoy.

Re: On SMU board...Morris to SMU, ECU OC to Clemson

Nov 20, 2014, 10:06 AM

I see that they are so sure but Morris has said that he doesn't want his first head coaching job to be his last. Meaning: He doesn't want to go to a crapshoot. I think his opportunity will come but would he reallly leave Clemson who has DW who he really wants to coach, good athletes here and more on the way to go to a likely winless team? A team that was given the death penalty ages ago and never recovered?

Re: On SMU board...Morris to SMU, ECU OC to Clemson

Nov 20, 2014, 10:13 AM

Not sure why Morris would leave Watson, with our best offensive line class ever coming in, along with Ray Ray & Deon...especially not for an AAC team.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,059
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic