Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss

Mar 14, 2017, 10:05 PM

NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss

Ugly. Disastrous. Throw your own adjective in there it will probably be apt. Clemson blew a 20-point second-half lead, and Oakland outscored the Tigers 45-20 over the final 17:36 as the seventh-seeded Grizzlies defeated Clemson 74-69 in the first round of the National Invitation Tournament in Littlejohn Coliseum Tuesday night.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss

Mar 14, 2017, 10:08 PM

LAST post game interview by this LOSER!

"Oakland continued to outwork Clemson..." says it all! bye b***

Mar 14, 2017, 10:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally embarrassing!

Mar 14, 2017, 10:12 PM

The announcer said it best ....this was embarrassing loss. Up 20 and lose to a mid major! An ACC team on its own floor and lose! I think it's time for a change.

What is the definition of insanity?***

Mar 14, 2017, 10:18 PM

Re: What is the definition of insanity?***

Mar 15, 2017, 7:28 AM

in·san·i·ty
in?san?d?/
noun
the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
"he suffered from bouts of insanity"
synonyms: mental illness, madness, dementia; More
extreme foolishness or irrationality.
plural noun: insanities
"it might be pure insanity to take this loan"
synonyms: folly, foolishness, madness, idiocy, stupidity, lunacy, silliness; informalcraziness
"it would be insanity to take this loan"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the definition of insanity?***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:31 AM

Or...doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result!

Season is over. Take this down. Post Baseball news.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:11 PM

Who really thought this basketball team had a chance? We repeatedly demonstrated ineptness as the season wore on. I love my Tigers but never watched a game this season. Shame on me perhaps but its the truth. Read the aftermath on a lot of occasions but for some reason just didn't have the desire to watch the inevitable.

Best is the standard!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Season is over. Take this down. Post Baseball news.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:18 PM

Love tigers, never watch a game. Get the #### out of here lol

Mar 14, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Season is over. Take this down. Post Baseball news. ]

The Best is most definitely not even close to being the standard with Brad Brownell coached basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Season is over. Take this down. Post Baseball news. ]

I should have stayed home,saved 25 dollars(for 2 tickets)and watched it on ESPNU.
Oh wait I don't get ESPNU on Carter.But I do get the SEC Alternate Chanel,but they didn't show
it on that channel either.

Re: New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss

Pathetic.

Time for DRad to grow a pair and send Brownell packing

Mar 14, 2017, 10:41 PM

Here Here.

LOL!...I love Clemson but...

Mar 14, 2017, 10:13 PM

....when others commented that Clemson should stay home I could not disagree. Well fellas, we are the reigning college football national champs...that should keep us going for a while longer.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL!...I love Clemson but...

Mar 14, 2017, 10:19 PM

Don't forget about the baseball team.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:14 PM

Absolutely got killed on the boards.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Glad you mentioned that..

Mar 15, 2017, 7:05 AM

I have been saying all yr, rebounding was our biggest issue. And this team has talent, but lacks motivation.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:14 PM

What a disgrace !!

What a Joke.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:16 PM

What a joke. I'm as big of a fan as anyone,but this is beyond terrible. No timeout to stop their momentum? They could hire a high school coach for way less money and get the same results.

Re: What a Joke.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:30 PM

At the end of Brownell's contract, he will have been paid over $10 mil for what he has done for Clemson Basketball. After tonight, I'm thinking to get him out of Clemson, it's worth more than the $3.9 mil to buy him out and send him packing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 10:16 PM

Great headline. Like what you did with NIT

Perhaps a blessing in disguise***

Mar 14, 2017, 10:19 PM

Mar 14, 2017, 10:20 PM

There should be a for sale sign on the Brownell house by tomorrow morning , and DRad should be the acting agent .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 14, 2017, 10:24 PM

D rad is the dumb #### that gave him the extension and buyout! Fire him too

Mar 14, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss ]

DRad should have to buy Brownell's house and kick him out of it!!!

David Hood is Brutally Honest!

Mar 14, 2017, 10:24 PM

Unfortunately, he is 100% Correct.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:25 PM

Fell asleep with 13 ahead and timeout, woke up with 8 down, what a bummer ...

You're doin a heckuva job, Brownie!***

Mar 14, 2017, 10:36 PM

Old Story: Clemson Basketball Loses with Brownell at Helm

Mar 14, 2017, 10:40 PM

Wow. Just wow. Where are all the apologists tonight? They know who they are, calling all others "Coots" all day, everyday for a change that NEEDS to happen for the LOVE of our fine University...

Just wow.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:42 PM

Well said! Is Drad embarrassed by this poor performance?

Mar 14, 2017, 10:47 PM

That was by far the ugliest 2nd half of a basketball game I've ever seen. Horrible shot selection, never making the extra pass that would result in a better shot, airballs, walks, lack of effort, leaving shooters open, forcing shots, playing lazy, a complete lack of focus... players have to play, but if a coach can't get the players to play, it's time for a new coach. I've seen Clemson lose a lot of basketball games through the years, but I've never been ashamed of being a Clemson basketball fan until now.

New Story: BradBrownellisGawd

Mar 14, 2017, 10:50 PM

Said no one ever!

Mar 15, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: NIT-picked: Clemson blows 20-point second half lead in embarrassing loss ]

Did you feel any better last year when the Tigers season ended after blowing an 18 point lead to Georgia Tech with 9 minutes to go? Any better several seasons back when Clemson blew an 8 point lead to Virginia with about 2 minutes to go? Any better when a Duke player ran it the length of the court and scored as time expired to beat the pathetic onlooking Tigers? Any better when Connecticut beat Clemson after a full length of the court pass was completed and the shot made at the buzzer? And so on, and so on, and so on.....This crap has literally been happening for decades. My conclusion? Clemson is most definitely a football school. Basketball is just a sideshow. They can discard it for all I care. Hey, the baseball and soccer programs are also very good. Three out of four ain't bad.

Ruh #### you luss

Mar 14, 2017, 10:56 PM

Ab zurd

Sew

Mar 14, 2017, 10:57 PM

embarrassing

He has to go . . . has to!!

Mar 14, 2017, 10:58 PM

the cherry on top. It's time.

Mar 14, 2017, 10:59 PM

Did you read the last sentence @Droberts

Mar 14, 2017, 11:19 PM

Rad, please fire is sorry, embarrassing ####!

MARCHMADNESS AMIRITE?***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:23 PM

Mar 14, 2017, 11:28 PM

Who cares?(

Mar 15, 2017, 12:18 AM

I care. This is an embarrassment for anyone who loves Clemson. I vote to send Brownell packing. He has disgraced us long enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE HIM!***

Mar 15, 2017, 1:56 AM

Oliver Purnell is available.....***

Mar 15, 2017, 5:46 AM

Re: Oliver Purnell is available.....***

Mar 15, 2017, 6:38 AM

Nuts to that. Go get a young up and coming assistant and see if you can find magic in a bottle that will stick around for a few decades.

OP had a good run but he doesn't want to be at Clemson and was just as snake bit in the tournament.

Keep in mind that either way, you are going to be giving up Brownell's best classes ever and starting over again.

Mar 15, 2017, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Oliver Purnell is available.....*** ]

Nuts to that. Go get a young up and coming assistant and see if you can find magic in a bottle that will stick around for a few decades.

OP had a good run but he doesn't want to be at Clemson and was just as snake bit in the tournament.

Keep in mind that either way, you are going to be giving up Brownell's best classes ever and starting over again.

Mar 15, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Oliver Purnell is available.....*** ]

Get the best name brand, or stay with what we have. It won't matter how good a coach is, if they don't have a rep of winning big, they won't make it at Clemson. I'm not at all saying that BB isn't a good coach, I'm just saying that he doesn't have the big name that it will take to change Clemson's basketball program reputation!!!

Mar 15, 2017, 7:17 AM

This is my first post on Tnet. I am a die hard Tiger but I must say it is time for a change. The players have been disinterested most of the year. I am not sure if it is the players or the coaches. At any rate it is time for a change. The coaching last night and the lack of effort in the second half should not be acceptable. You would never see a tail off in effort from baseball or football. We have the facilities and success in other sports, it is time to bring the Basketball team to the same level and I think that needs to start with the coach. Just my 2 cents for what that's worth.
Go Tigers and let's move on!

If we get a new coach

Mar 15, 2017, 8:28 AM

the first thing he should do is run the returning players until they drop to send the message, "Not on my watch."

Don't get Dabo involved..pumpers

Mar 15, 2017, 8:33 AM

You know what he'd do to Brownell.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Don't get Dabo involved..pumpers

Mar 15, 2017, 8:49 AM

This is not going to get any better. It's embarrassing. Brownell has got to go. We need to hire the best coach we can find that has a winning track record at the ACC level. Someone that can recruit ACC caliber players. No more up and coming coaches from some small school and inferior conference. We've tried that for years, and it doesn't work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't get Dabo involved..pumpers

Mar 15, 2017, 11:22 AM

And it will never work. BB came from a good basketball back ground, and in his own right is a good BB coach. The problem was that, bc he came from a small BB school he wasn't well known, and that has made it impossible to recruit big time recruits. He won at those small schools, and couldn't win at a ACC school that has always been near the bottom in the ACC conference. That was like putting a smaller engine in a race car that was already slow.

Don't let

Mar 15, 2017, 8:53 AM

Don't let This supreme embarrassment (I agree with y'all)
Make you forget we are national champions in football!!!!!!!!

Re: Don't let

Mar 15, 2017, 8:54 AM

The young men who play basketball deserve better than this.

Re: Don't let

Mar 15, 2017, 9:50 AM

Young men shouldn't have to have a coach fire them up after you dominate a team for the first half the way they did. No team/player leadership has shown its self time and time again this season. Then you top it off with a coach that obviously cannot reach his players and you end of with a disaster of season that, honestly I am glad is over. D-Rad's hand may have been forced a little with last nights ugly loss. I think it's time for change; when you lose your players as a leader its time go.

Mar 15, 2017, 9:14 AM

I agree pretty much with all the points made here. B2 needs to go by any objective measure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pathetic***

Mar 15, 2017, 9:46 AM

Mar 15, 2017, 10:24 AM

Why is Brownell still the head coach of our Tigers???

This game was the moment it became clear.

Mar 15, 2017, 10:21 PM

There is a moment when you know that it is time for new blood:

Tommy West's clock management against Georgia Tech showed that the team's bad record was due to being poorly coached, not snakebit.

Tommy Bowden's last game, a 12-9 loss to Wake Forest, showed that Bowden was always going to lose games to less talented teams.

Jack Leggett was done after a five season decline ending with the two-and-out in the Fullerton Regional.

After six seasons, Brad Brownell has been only marginally more successful than Larry Shyatt, and, given this result, probably never will be any better.

Re: This game was the moment it became clear.

Mar 15, 2017, 11:04 AM

Good points

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic