Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole Tookle_It gawna be part of some Clemson PHD's project
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Ole Tookle_It gawna be part of some Clemson PHD's project

Jun 26, 2019, 9:36 AM

About IT and how it's changed our business hear since 1989. Lolutz the IT manager hear has been hear less than a year and couldn't IT his way out of a paper bag of #####. Tickle_It works in Sales as an analist butt has one of the best understandings of how this place works which is why I was chosen. I doubt any of them there PHDers has even heard of an AS400 system anyways.

Butt how I'm suppose to know how shit's changed since 1989? I was 3 then. Hears how technology is change and has halp me. I now knows how to copy pigs, gifs and mp4's and skript them on some website about Tagger football to entertain a bunch of degenerate shitheads.

Shameless self promotion lank: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Mid-Week-Mild-Funnies-1909292

Hears to ruining someone's project. Or at least making them figure out a way to do a hard spin on it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all need any baked beans?***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:38 AM

no butt go on***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:39 AM

Re: no butt go on***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:49 AM

Re: no butt go on***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:06 PM

Certainly smart phones, lap tops, faster computers with bigger storage capabilities...

Jun 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

have halped somehow. Communication has improved as well I am sure. But really the best past about technology is those bathroom air fresheners that are hung on the wall and dispense automatically by sensing motion, therefore making the air freshener less likely to be stolen.

Excuse me...

Jun 27, 2019, 3:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AS400 ??

Jun 26, 2019, 9:58 AM

lemme go find my DB2 manual, and my Members Only jacket.....

Maybe I'll throw on my Nike windbreaker and rollerblade later too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You laugh...

Jun 26, 2019, 11:08 AM

I had to hire a mainframe programmer once and the dude was like 68. He was the only one who understood what the eff was going on with this thing because he built it. Somehow we got his phone number, I called him, and he was out on his horse in a pasture. I explained who i was and what I was calling about, and he went on for about 5 minutes about everything he'd have to have to come back and work on it for contract.

All I could do was not really listen to it then agree. There was no one else. I think he ended up making like $200 hr from home working when he felt like it for about 6 weeks.

This may or may have been at a place that starts with C and ends in N University, and rhymes with Gremson Pooniversity.

Ah yes, the honorable Gremson Pooniversity***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:04 PM

Dear Old Gremson, We Will Triumph...***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I am officially committed to the Pooniversity of Gremson"

Jun 26, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Ah yes, the honorable Gremson Pooniversity*** ]

#AllIn

Re: You laugh...

Jun 26, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to You laugh... ]

I worked for Cutler Hammer in Greenwood for a while, and the only person there that knew anything was a middle aged amish looking lady. Anything we screwed in production (BOM mistake and alike) she was the only resource to fix it.

I can only assume Eaton came in and fixed that, and I can't see how. At least not cheap.

Probably moderenized with an entire new ERP

Jun 26, 2019, 1:44 PM

solution. Sometimes, is best to start all over again.

Unless it's with SAP, then its best to just move to spreadsheets and post-it notes.

some prof approved of such a lame PHD project. The PHDer

Jun 26, 2019, 9:59 AM

should just google it, kids.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Learned RPG II on one of these

Jun 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

https://www.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/rochester/rochester_4018.html

Re: Ole Tookle_It gawna be part of some Clemson PHD's project

Jun 26, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You want to be my latex salesman?***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:05 PM

Real simple

Jun 26, 2019, 7:13 PM

we started with powerful computers and dumb terminals so that all the computing could be done on one computer, then we made the terminals smart and distributed the computer to all computers, then we decided to go back to putting everything back in one place (cloud) and let it all happen there, now we are moving back to computing "on the edge."

Back and forth, back and forth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real simple

Jun 27, 2019, 10:39 AM

Oh, so you're the guy on the horse. Now it all makes sense!

Technology hasn't changed much for your company since

Jun 27, 2019, 1:20 PM

1989 if you're still running on an AS400.

ROH

A lot of companies still use AS/400***

Jun 27, 2019, 5:54 PM

I know, it's sad.***

Jun 27, 2019, 1:23 PM

ROH

We're not running AS400

Jun 27, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Technology hasn't changed much for your company since ]

But that was what was here in 1989 (I think). My point was I we would say that and they would probably look at us like WatTF is AS400?

Re: Ole Tookle_It gawna be part of some Clemson PHD's project

Jun 27, 2019, 1:29 PM

Well, there's Tnet now so there ain't as much IT'n going on for GremsoN grads that are joungers. Dat's fo sho.

Oh, there's email now too. Can't remember if there was email in '89.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at Gremson, but there were some IT shops

Jun 27, 2019, 3:15 PM

Who used mainframes for email.

BCBS in Columbia was one of the first adopters of email for their user base, all based off of a mainframe based email system, TAO (totally automated office)

http://www.fisc.com/products/tao/

When I left there in the early 2000's, they were still using it. One of my projects as a lowly Windows admin was to replace TAO because it was a POS. I put together a plan to convert it to an exchange based system using Active Directory relatively new at the time). With licensing and new servers, it was a million dollar project.

I was presenting the white board of it to my boss, and his boss happened to walk by the office and poked his head in the door. He listened for about 20 seconds and asked.."A million dollars, huh?"

Me: "Yessir"

Him: "So tell me..do we have email NOW?"

Me: "Yessir"

Him: "So after you do all this and spend a million dollars...what will we have?"

Me: "E-mail"

Him: "Yep." and he walked off.

TRUE STORY

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic