Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole Coach Howard would be Amazed about this NFL & Senior day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,121

Ole Coach Howard would be Amazed about this NFL & Senior day

Mar 5, 2015, 6:38 PM

Saying..When he got going He enjoyed clearing the land in DV..planting the grass & mowing it too..and went around the entire state begging for $10 a year from farmers & business people alike thru a unique athletic funding organization called IPTAY..which was the 1st in the U.S. like it..and for decades was the #1 money raising program for any college athletic dept (it did not involve or include ticket sales, like some do).

Frank would hope to land some decent recruits via his getting to know all the local high school coaches across the state so to be able to ###### one of those talented players who "might" want to play for little CLEMSON College...

But since his days CLEMSON has come up slowly but steadily in the world of football..thru all the hard work of each coach you can think of..and now DaBO reaps the benefits of all that year-too-year refinement, additional facilities, money-raising, past success, great players who've left their mark here and in the pros..

Thus, we have what we have today at CLEMSON...NFL scouts galore wanting to see our BoYS who are good players, good in the classroom and good citizens..and who sincerely care about CLEMSON.

It's a win-win case for the School & the Players & the Coaches..who've taken what Frank Howard has started and run with it full force. Congrats to all of these Head & Assistant Coaches who've given their best to CLEMSON Football.

GoTiGERS...keep winning Men & wearning that Orange in style!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frank Howard put us on the map. For yrs, he was CLEMSON.***

Mar 5, 2015, 6:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and people made fun of....

Mar 5, 2015, 7:28 PM

him but he smart like a fox. He had a vision and a passion that most people did not know of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ole Coach Howard would be Amazed about this NFL & Senior day

Mar 5, 2015, 9:34 PM

Three yards and a cloud of dust.
When I walked on in '63, both guards and the center were a strapping 205lbs,and our two tight ends were 240lbs.as well as the FB's.
I weighed 225 and lifting weights was prohibited so we snuck off to the Cub Room to work out. A different world today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic