Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oklahoma
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,846

Oklahoma

Nov 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

We get blasted for stopping a UNC two point conversion on the road (five weeks ago) to win by 1 and were #5 last week because of it. Oklahoma stops a two point conversion, at home, after the unranked team comes back from 21 down on the "much improved" Sooner defense, by basically tackling the receiver before the ball gets to him (typically pass interference) and it seems they get a pass even though they already have a loss.

I am so tired of hearing about "almost" losing to UNC on the road even though we have gone 5-0 since then, outscoring our opponents 263-55, not scoring less than 45 and not giving up more than 14. The Tigers need to leave no doubt and beat Wake 55-0 (55 is the logical score Saturday based on the last five game) then win the last two with at least 60 per game showing no mercy. I had hoped for UNC in the ACCCG but we'll have to settle for one of the teams from Virginia.

Thanks for letting me rant, I'm in Columbia and the dung here is getting very deep with them relying on the SEC narrative. Otherwise they are pretty sad though.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

There is absolutely a double standard...

Nov 11, 2019, 11:43 AM

and a lack of congruity among the voters, especially in the coaches and media poll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: There is absolutely a double standard...

Nov 11, 2019, 12:05 PM

Ken Hatfield’s Revenge

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Oklahoma

Nov 11, 2019, 11:44 AM

Rant it up! Go tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 11:45 AM

I think the big difference is we were ranked #1 and unbeaten at the time while also being compared to other unbeaten teams. Oklahoma already has a loss, and they were already behind the other 1 loss teams so there really isn't as much for the talking heads to discuss about the Oklahoma game compared to ours against UNC. Oklahoma had already become a long shot to make the CFP. Also, they did drop a spot in the AP poll so it's not as if it went completely unnoticed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. The context is very important

Nov 11, 2019, 11:59 AM

There were 4 really dominant teams battling for the top 4 spots and we just weren't playing as well as they were earlier in the year. Oklahoma isn't being compared to LSU, Alabama, and Ohio State like we were at the time. They are being compared to Georgia, Oregon, Utah, and now Penn State and Alabama, and they are behind all of those teams.

Oklahoma is the lowest ranked 1-loss P5 team in the AP poll this week so i think it's pretty clear that they haven't been given a pass for anything.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:46 AM

I'm as tired as anyone of hearing about UNC, but I think the expectations for our program right now are just higher than they are for Oklahoma. In a way it if flattering we are held to such a high standard.

And the committee was rough on Oklahoma the first week, and will probably stay rough on them. I think a 1-loss Oregon/Utah gets in over a 1-loss Oklahoma, if it comes to that.

Will Baylor drop a few spots for barely winning?

Nov 11, 2019, 11:48 AM

doubt it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Baylor drop a few spots for barely winning?

Nov 11, 2019, 11:52 AM

They were already 12th despite being unbeaten. They may not drop, but it will likely make it more difficult for them to move up in the rankings.

What I don't think people realize is had we been ranked 15th or something like that we probably wouldn't have fallen based on the UNC game. The expectations are just higher when comparing a bunch of unbeaten teams in the top 5.

Why are you assuming they get a pass?***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:51 AM

To be fair

Nov 11, 2019, 11:54 AM

The "close win against UNC" reasoning was only used in ranking the primary undefeated teams. And to be honest, I'm not sure it was used wrongly there. Of course I also think they missed using the same standard against Penn St (v Pitt). But, close wins don't keep you out of the playoffs. Losses do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 11:57 AM

I feel like it was just the timing of when it happened to us... We had a bye week the week after and there were still a lot of undefeated teams at that point who hadn't yet struggled. Not saying the committee didn't make a mistake, but now everyone has this preconceived notion that Clemson struggled early in the year and would struggle against better competition.

There is less pressure on OU to drop because there are a lot less undefeated and one loss teams to take their spot.

All we can do is just win baby win and we don't have to worry what other people think.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:58 AM

I agree with everything you say. However Oklahoma will be watching the Playoffs on TV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma is the lowest ranked 1-loss P5 in the AP poll

Nov 11, 2019, 12:01 PM

this week. How are they getting a free pass?

Defensive back molested the receiver before ball got there

Nov 11, 2019, 12:02 PM

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28046370

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 12:16 PM

You are going to hear less and less about UNC as the weeks go by and the wins stack up.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic