Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okey's 4th inning blast....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,553

Okey's 4th inning blast....

May 30, 2016, 6:39 PM

.... was a home run! Watching the replay.... Camera shot shows something the announcers missed.... Immediately behind the yellow tape on the glass is a round-rod railing (say that three times).... The only way a ball bounces like Okey's ball did is for it to go OVER the tape and hit the railing BEHIND the tape.... Watch the replay until the camera shot shows a side view of the top of the wall and tell me what you think!! Too bad the top of the railing wasn't flat!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okey's 4th inning blast....

May 30, 2016, 6:59 PM

I was wondering the same thing. The bounce made more sense off the round rail than the top railing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2016, 7:13 PM

I agree. Watching it live and on replays, I couldn't see how they thought it hit the line. Didn't make sense to me. The bounce seemed to imply it hit behind it to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2016, 7:19 PM

The railing to me looked like it was about four inches thick with a two inch deep pocket. I believe the ball hit at the bottom and back of the pocket causing it to bounce back up and out in the direction it came from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right ....

May 30, 2016, 8:22 PM

.... with the 1 inch dia or so round bar in back.... that caused weird direction of the bounce.... without the round bar it most likely bounces forward.... not backward....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,553
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic