Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay,got a question about a type of fan i see often in Death
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Okay,got a question about a type of fan i see often in Death

Dec 17, 2013, 7:40 AM

Valley and was wondering if Tnet had a slang term we use to describe them.
He usually wears blue jeans and just a small glimpse of what team he pulling for,He stands the entire game with his arms crossed with a frustrated,disgusted or maybe just has to lay a deuce but does not want to walk to the restroom look on his face.Not a hint of a cheer,nor even a fist-pump or even a smile when we go up 30 points.Two minutes left in the game we push for a first and are able to to kneel the ball to end the game.Just then he high fives his partner(many times they are in pairs)and shows a small smile and some appreciation that his Tigers came through.

I see they guys and tell them to yell or sit the F down.

Are these the noted Downers I hear of on Tnet? I can certainly picture many on here acting n this same manner.

It's time to man up now and show hands or change your ways and become All In.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay,got a question about a type of fan i see often in Death

Dec 17, 2013, 7:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't hide behind your popcorn and shades,just admit it and

Dec 17, 2013, 7:54 AM

the transition to "All In" will be that much more simple.

Re: Don't hide behind your popcorn and shades,just admit it and

Dec 17, 2013, 8:06 AM

I normally dont wear jorts with my Jersey. I am classier than that.

null

Had a guy tell me once"I paid for these seats" so told him

Dec 17, 2013, 8:13 AM

to sit his ### down in them then....it's a privilege to get air time,for fans that want to stand and cheer for their team.

Re: Had a guy tell me once"I paid for these seats" so told him

Dec 17, 2013, 8:17 AM

I agree I usually carry a pack of ball bearings into the game with me. I have gotten pretty good at hitting standers in the back of the head about 50% of the time I might his a child but it is worth it to get the losers to sit down.

null

Did you mean cutoff blue jean shorts? I mean, REALLY

Dec 17, 2013, 8:10 AM

short? Then you would be describing lbu.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Tube socks to Boot? lol***

Dec 17, 2013, 8:15 AM

Yep, tube socks with orange stripes and wearing a beater***

Dec 17, 2013, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

how bout the guy who is

Dec 17, 2013, 8:12 AM

Constantly standing and waving his arms for everyone to get up and make noise, but never makes a sound.

Or the guy who is constantly asking you to sit down.

Or the one who looks you with a puzzled face when you make noise on 1st down.

I gotta get out of the upper deck. Totally different kind of fan up high.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

LOL seen those guys as well,but the folded arms guy just

Dec 17, 2013, 8:14 AM

kill me most.

Really? Sat in the North Upper for the BC game this year

Dec 17, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to how bout the guy who is ]

and especially in the second half it got really loud and EVERYONE up there was definitely into the game. I guess it depends though... sat in nearly the same spot for the GT game and the people up there weren't nearly as loud or fired up.

GO TIGERS

I don't know about a term but this is a guy that's "playing"

Dec 17, 2013, 8:27 AM

coach in his own mind. He is too busy concentrating on the game to do anything else and he must stand so he can survey the field like any "general" would do. He can only show emotions when the "battle" is over and then he can relax and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Let's call him an idiot or a fool or how about a jester.

LOL, I've been attending games.....

Dec 17, 2013, 9:00 AM

in the Valley for 50 years and not once, not the first time, have I or anyone that I was sitting with ever been told to stand up, sit down, stand the F up, sit the F down, or any of the things that I read on this board. Where ARE all of these internet tough guys?? TIA

Re: Okay,got a question about a type of fan i see often in Death

Dec 17, 2013, 9:47 AM

Funny, but I don't see much, if any, of that, and I've been coming religiously for over 25 years. My guess is those seats are corporate seats, and they are given to folks who really don't have allegiance or even attend out of curiosity or to say they went. Glad I don't sit near you. I probably could hunt and find somebody like that, but why waste time looking for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I paid for my ticket the same as anyone else....

Dec 17, 2013, 9:55 AM

...so if it's alright with you, I'll just go ahead and enjoy the game the way I want to, thanks.

Yes, I wear jeans (or shorts when it's hot) instead of orange overalls. Yes, I wear a fairly nondescript Clemson T-shirt or hat. No, I'm not terribly demonstrative...at home, work, or at the game. I sometimes fold my arms when I stand or sit. That's not to say I don't cheer at all, but I'm not going to react much to a three yard run or 2 yard swing pass.

On the plus side, I only stand up when most others are standing in front of me, I don't use foul language, and I don't Woo-Hoo. So hopefully you, the ultimate arbiter of who is and who is not a true Clemson fan, will find it in your heart to allow me to continue to come to the games.

I sit in upper deck west zone

Dec 17, 2013, 10:01 AM

On the home side, don't see a whole lot of this. Most our people have IPTAY seats and renew them every year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sit in upper deck west zone

Dec 17, 2013, 10:01 AM

On the home side, don't see a whole lot of this. Most our people have IPTAY seats and renew them every year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic