Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar.

May 9, 2017, 10:35 AM

http://www.free-times.com/news/local-and-state-news/muschamp-assails-newspaper-police-dispute-account/article_59b28bfa-34af-11e7-8a0c-97eef1684a01.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

This quote shows how delusional the coot fan base is:

May 9, 2017, 10:45 AM

"What lies has Dabo told you to write next about @UofSC?”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Lie #1: USC is a good football team***

May 9, 2017, 4:03 PM

Dabo Lie #2: USC is a well coached football team***

May 9, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to This quote shows how delusional the coot fan base is: ]

Dabo Lie #2: We are not taking USC lightly***

May 9, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to This quote shows how delusional the coot fan base is: ]

Good one***

May 9, 2017, 8:53 PM

Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar.

May 9, 2017, 10:50 AM

Not one time did I see Columbia police calling him a liar... I see you calling him a liar.

Okay. He's a liar.***

May 9, 2017, 10:53 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Okay. He's a liar.***

May 9, 2017, 11:06 AM

What proof do you have to claim he's lying? You don't have any...

"I did not ask The State not to run the story.”

May 9, 2017, 11:30 AM

Direct contradiction to what Muschamp said. You're going to continue defending Muschamp?

To be fair

May 9, 2017, 11:39 AM

We don't know that he lied.

We do know that what he said is wrong, or the police are lying.

He may be lying, or he may be repeating what he was told, and the person who told him was wrong or lying.

Either way, it's the sort of assertion and attack on reporting that is best left unsaid, with the lawyers handling it behind the scenes. He comes across as out of touch, foolish, and or brutish to suggest that the reporter reporting on a public document is somehow in the wrong here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I did not ask The State not to run the story.”

May 9, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to "I did not ask The State not to run the story.” ]

This is what happens when the coach gets his information from playing the telephone game. The police may or may not have said this, who may have told their spokesman that, who told the U of SC spokesman X, who told this guy Y, and Muscrat ends up spouting Z. Lol, love their Alumni Lawyer who said Muscoot hasn't won enough games to act like Spurrier yet. Too funny!

Re: Okay. He's a liar.***

May 9, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay. He's a liar.*** ]

Were his lips moving? If so, then we have proof.

May 9, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar. ]

Yeah, I didn't see that either. Mostly the police did the right thing. But, under the law the paper could print what was public record...even if the public record was eventually found to be wrong. I am no fan of Muschamp, but he was NOT called a liar in the article.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2017, 11:38 AM

No the police aren't going to come out and say muschump is a liar. You got to read what they said. They stated it was false what muschamp said aka he lied. Spokes people don't just come out and call ppl liars. They say stuff like what he said was false things like that which mean he lied so no they didn't call him a liar but stated he lied about things by saying what he stated was false come on bro. Got to read between the lines they have to tip toe around they not just going to say in a official public statement that he is a liar. Is it your first day reading papers or you the type of person that has to actually see the word liar in the article. Like come on bro

He's stating as fact. When in fact it's not.

May 9, 2017, 11:42 AM

So he's lying, whether willingly or not.

Or he's misspeaking or whatever you want to call it.

He is not speaking the truth.

People still know there is a difference between being wrong

May 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

and lying, right?

I think he was probably just clumsy and wrong. I doubt he intentionally said the wrong thing.

Either way, the whole N-word accusation thing is all I need to know about how sleazy that program is. I doubt it will sink back into criminal/Holtz status though.

Indeed

May 9, 2017, 11:56 AM

Lying requires intent. It requires you to say something you *KNOW* to be false.

In this case that is a possibility, but it seems more likely to me he is simply wrong and also unwilling/unable to recognize that making such a statement is not in his (or anyone's) best interest as it forces a response from the person/group you are making the statement about. In this case the police have to respond and say they didn't try to tell the press not to run a story, and this it will make Muschamp and/or the USC AD look foolish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What *is* a lie?

May 9, 2017, 12:17 PM

"Columbia police spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons told Free Times that Muschamp’s account is inaccurate."

Is "inaccurate" a lie?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just said it requires intent.

May 9, 2017, 1:06 PM

If you mess up a math problem are you a liar?

Saying something you know to be untrue

May 9, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to What *is* a lie? ]

Although I'd argue it'd more accurate to say a lie is saying something you "believe" to be untrue, since I think it's a matter of intent and not necessarily knowledge.

In fact I've heard it argued in a philosophy course that you can say something that is factually correct but if you "believe" you are telling a untruth then you are still lying as it is entirely a function of intent. That viewpoint seems a bit of a "lying as a sin" moral argument rather than a strict factual definition of lying, but I'd argue no matter your view you have to INTEND to say something untrue for it to be a lie.

Re: He's stating as fact. When in fact it's not.

May 9, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to He's stating as fact. When in fact it's not. ]

He can just use the Deebo excuse. "I wasn't there." Or the Ski excuse "It wasn't me". Or the Dread excuse: "Yall better pay me well for this crap!"

May 9, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar. ]

How about a misinformed buffoon? Can we slap the table and agree on that assessment?

Tell'em Coot

May 9, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar. ]

Smh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2017, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar. ]

He is a liar!!

to be really fair

May 9, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Police calling Muschump a liar. ]

Muschamp is an idiot as well as a liar

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite quote

May 9, 2017, 11:10 AM

“If Muschamp had won some more games at South Carolina, maybe he could act like Steve Spurrier,” Bender said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: My favorite quote

May 9, 2017, 11:31 AM

The fact of the matter is USuCk covered up the whole thing even though the bar employees identified who was there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2017, 11:32 AM

I find it so hilarious that coots are enraged and have turned on the state paper bc they are "crappy" and false reporting with no evidence and blah blah blah. They loved the state b4 this and didn't complain about "false reporting" when the state published the article on clemson using racial slurs with no proof or anything to back it up. The state paper was great paper and always got the right story then amd previous years but now that tables have turned and this isn't false reporting it's actually true and they turned on the paper so quick bc it was a not so good story on them. Karma is a bi$ch coots stick with your paper like you did when they false report on clemson!

And now that we know Muschamp lied

May 9, 2017, 11:35 AM

we can't believe any of the story coming out of SCar.

A full investigation and the tape being released needs to happen

I'd rather everyone review the 56-7 tape.***

May 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

Oh, I've reviewed that several times.

May 9, 2017, 11:54 AM

I saw it live, in person and couldn't believe my eyes.

If it hadn't been confirmed by the tape, I wouldn't have believed it either.

(for those who haven't quite caught on to where I'm going with this, if there is a tape of the bar fight it would probably shed a lot of light on what are probably some pretty drunken, hazy memories of patrons, staff, victim, and accused)

;)

Re: And now that we know Muschamp lied

May 9, 2017, 3:51 PM [ in reply to And now that we know Muschamp lied ]

> we can't believe any of the story coming out of SCar.
>
>
> A full investigation and the tape being released
> needs to happen

I'm old and confused so I never quite know who is insulting who on these threads. First, it is exceedingly rich that the dirtpeckers are stomping like Rumplestiltskin because their lapdog fanboy paper had the timerity to accurately publish a public record. That's why it is called a public record. There is no other city paper of the State's size or larger that is ever going to suck up to a program like the State does because they see themselves as newspapers and not booster clubs.

As for the lying part, maybe Boomlette didn't but somebody did. Step back. Boomlette said the police had told him that they told the paper not to print. Since when do cops tell papers not to report what is in public records? Is this a banana republic? So either the cop did something that ridiculous and lied to his spokesperson, or the cop told the spokesperson he did something that ridiculous and the spokesperson lied, or Boomlette said that the cops had told the State something based on supposition without really knowing, trying to work up the fans against the paper,which is a reckless indifference to the truth (think certain politicians) which is also a roundabout way of lying, or he had no reason at all to think the police had said such a thing, in which case he lied outright. Not too many other possibilities folks. Maybe it's all a plot of Dabo's evil church.

May 9, 2017, 11:45 AM

They were accused. They were not charged. How is the story wrong?

why doesn't Will Folks of FITS News file an FOI request

May 9, 2017, 11:51 AM

for the video....maybe it'll show him and Nikki Haley in a tryst as well as George Rogers, Marcus Lattimore, and Todd Ellis ganging up on one Marine.

Gamecocks are the stupidest of poultry

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp, Mushcamp, big fat liar

May 9, 2017, 12:11 PM

Doin' the lie and doin' it right
In the evenin'
It's pretty petty

Muschamp Carol, Muschamp Will
Do the big lie out on Muschamp isle
And they're lying
Willy's a fatty

May 9, 2017, 12:24 PM

They are falling apart in cootsville. And muschumps rants just make the look that much dumber. It's really sad to see them implode over the most trivial things. Seriously SC has some major issues within their program and in their fan base.

I am surprised to see Tenn in chaos but it's normal in cootsville. But it seems like that many of the SEC programs have a lot of problems. I guess ESPN is going to take the SEC down with them.

You never know Bama may be looking to join the ACC now! Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody has been lying since this whole thing started...

May 9, 2017, 1:07 PM

now we're beginning to see who.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I like when the lawyer tells him to win more football games before acting like spurrier.

May 9, 2017, 1:31 PM

Savage

Messchamp

May 9, 2017, 1:46 PM

It's a farce
He's the one guilty of the irresponsibility he wrongly accused The State.
Sanctimonious outrage, no facts, exaggeration, reckless
A microcosm

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

LOL at this line...

May 9, 2017, 3:53 PM

“If Muschamp had won some more games at South Carolina, maybe he could act like Steve Spurrier".

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That's ok, many Gator fans

May 9, 2017, 5:56 PM

have called him worse than that.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic