Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question of the day. What if undefeated Clemson wins ACC,..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Question of the day. What if undefeated Clemson wins ACC,..

Oct 4, 2017, 8:17 AM

an undefeated Washington wins Pac12, an undefeated Oklahoma wins Big12, and an undefeated GA beats a previously undefeated AL to win SEC? Does Bama get left out or will there be an unbelievable uproar about an undefeated conf. champ being left out? In your answers, do not change the scenario-just list who gets in or gets left out and why.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Washington would get to play USF

Oct 4, 2017, 8:19 AM

2 SEC teams would get in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Oct 4, 2017, 9:42 AM

$EC bias would favor Bama over an undefeated Pac12 champ. The west coast league has taken the ACC's place as the red-headed step child of the power 5 conferences

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Bama would be out in my opinion. Can't

Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 AM

see them getting in over Clemson with our resume...can't see them getting in over an undefeated SEC champ that beat them. Oklahoma would have beaten several ranked programs and Washington would have beaten at least two.

null

Re: Bama would be out in my opinion. Can't

Oct 4, 2017, 3:03 PM

> see them getting in over Clemson with our
> resume...can't see them getting in over an undefeated
> SEC champ that beat them. Oklahoma would have beaten
> several ranked programs and Washington would have
> beaten at least two.
I agree with this+1

Message was edited by: Furious george®

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Bama is out.*****

Oct 4, 2017, 8:27 AM

Hard to take a 1 loss team over 4 undefeateds

Oct 4, 2017, 8:32 AM

especially when 1 of those undefeateds just beat the 1 loss team.

Where is the Big Ten in this?

Oct 4, 2017, 8:34 AM

Bama would be out in that scenario, but it's never going to happen. There will probably be 1, maybe 2 undefeated teams at the end of the year, as usual. It's incredibly rare to even get 3 undefeated P5 teams, much less 4. The last time i really remember that happening is 2004 when Auburn got left out of the BCS title game at 13-0.

Re: Where is the Big Ten in this?

Oct 4, 2017, 8:37 AM

What happens if Bama barely beats an undefeated UGA in the SECC.
Would they take both of them?

Not if there are 3 other P5 unbeatens.***

Oct 4, 2017, 8:38 AM

Re: Where is the Big Ten in this?

Oct 4, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Where is the Big Ten in this? ]

I left big 10 out because I think their champ will have at least one loss, but if you want to substitute an unbeaten PSU for one of the other teams, make your case for who is left out.

Message was edited by: Furious george®

No***

Oct 4, 2017, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Where is the Big Ten in this? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else happens?

Oct 4, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Where is the Big Ten in this? ]

What happens with a 1 loss Bama team would be driven to a large degree by what happens in the other P5 leagues. Does Penn State run the table? Does Michigan St. beat Michigan? Does Michigan beat tOSU? Do either Michigan or tOSU beat Penn St.? Does the winner of the west (Wisconsin?) win the B1G? Some of those are long shots, but all are reasonably possible. Any of them open up the door for 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

Oklahoma, if it goes undefeated and that seems quite likely at this point is in. If they lose a ### game? Depends on when, to whom, and by how much. Does FSU beat Fla? Does Miami beat FSU?

My favorite scenario has GaT beating UGa and then the dawgs beating the tide. The ACC goes 4-0 on rivalry weekend. To me, that's much muddier.

There's so much potential for chaos in college football.

kicking sand

Oct 4, 2017, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Where is the Big Ten in this? ]

where they belong and crying

null

An undefeated Clemson does not get left out of the playoff..

Oct 4, 2017, 8:40 AM

under any scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Question of the day. What if undefeated Clemson wins ACC,..

Oct 4, 2017, 8:41 AM

I know Big12 and Pac12 fans don't want to hear it , but their just not playing the brand of football right now that makes national champions .
In your scenario I would see #1 Clemson vs # 4 Alabama and #2 Penn State vs #3 Georgia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 4, 2017, 8:59 AM

Agree

Oct 4, 2017, 9:00 AM

But we're both from Berkeley county so we is smarter than everyone else

Ok would be in

Oct 4, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Question of the day. What if undefeated Clemson wins ACC,.. ]

There's no way an undefeated Oklahoma team that went on the road and whooped tOSU gets left out of the playoffs regardless of the rest of their schedule.

ESecPN ain't gonna like this but bama is out.***

Oct 4, 2017, 9:02 AM

My take

Oct 4, 2017, 9:20 AM

Alabama would be left out. I don't think there would be tons of gnashing of teeth over it as undefeated conference champs should get the nod over adding a second team from an already represented conference. I don't think there would really be a huge outcry to the contrary. Of course some folks are going to argue PAC12 or BIG12 is easier, and that may be a true statement, but I don't see how either of those teams gets left out in this scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 9:37 AM

Alabama would be left out. That's a no brainer.

Bama's out.***

Oct 4, 2017, 9:37 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 3:18 PM

Thanks for your replies. Most of you feel bammer is left out and I agree with that. The main reason I think this is that their strength of schedule is weaker than even Oklahoma or Washington because of FSU's collapse (and LSU's) and the only quality win they could count was Auburn. How funny would it be of the supposed king of the SEC got left out because of SOS.

1. Bama, 2. UGA, 3. Oklahoma, 4. Clemson

Oct 4, 2017, 3:21 PM

They don't want to see another Clemson Bama NC game, so they'll have us play in the semis. Here's their explanations... Obviously Bama will be #1 even if they lose. UGA moves up to 2 because they won the best conference. Oklahoma is 3 because Baker Gayfeild is the greatest QB alive, and if we're undefeated they have to let us in.

I guess you are purposely leaving out an undefeated BIG10

Oct 4, 2017, 3:28 PM

team but OK. Working on that assumption, and with the current AP, poll, assuming a Penn State, Michigan, OSU split eliminates the BIG10. That leaves:

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OU
4. UGA
5. UW

UGA moves to 2 after beating Bama (In your scenario) 2. Clemson moves to 1. OU to 3 (Beats TCU). UW/Bama for the forth spot. Depends on strength of PAC12 at the time of championship game. Since it seems unlikely IMHO that USC or Washington State holds serve and remains top 10 or close. UW's conference championship game will not measure up to Bama's "quality loss" to UGA. Leaving:
1. CU
2. UGA
3. OU
4. Bama

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess you are purposely leaving out an undefeated BIG10

Oct 4, 2017, 4:11 PM

Yes, purposely left out Big10 because I don't think the Big 10 champ goes undefeated,but if it did in the same scenario how would you assign teams 1-4?

Oct 4, 2017, 4:26 PM

Bama out. Period

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic