Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get Woke Go Broke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Get Woke Go Broke

Sep 27, 2020, 3:15 AM

Those hockey social justice warriors, gonna feel it in the wallet. See if i ever watch another game after all their “protests” and helmet sticker shenanies.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ratings/facing-unprecedented-competition-nhl-playoff-ratings-are-in-the-tank.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get Woke Go Broke

Sep 27, 2020, 4:53 AM

I never watched hockey in April ,May or June. Why would I watch it now?

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around

Sep 27, 2020, 7:40 AM

Does it make a sound ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet you still watch our Tigers?

Sep 27, 2020, 6:52 AM

#Whocares

Sep 27, 2020, 7:53 AM

It takes more talent, skill and physicality to play hockey than any other sport. But I'm not watching any sport that continues to spoon feed the social injustice crap. It would be different if there actually was social injustice.

Sep 27, 2020, 9:20 AM

Completely agree that the social injustice crap is a complete lie. But I have a question about hockey. I’m 100% southern born and bred so I’m clueless about hockey. I’ve always said NBA guys are the best athletes in the world even though I hate the NBA. Educate me about athleticism in hockey. I’m not debating, just curious.

Sep 27, 2020, 9:33 AM

Agree that NBA athletes are as a whole amazing athletes. Hockey players in my opinion aren't in that league, but they are pretty darn good athletes too. Tough as nails though. I'm not a big fan. It's a much better game in person. The players are moving so fast on the ice and the puck is so small that it doesn't translate well on TV.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 9:40 AM

Amen to that. The few games I’ve seen on tv I keep saying “make that puck yellow, or neon green, or pink, lol”. I can’t see the thing. They show the highlights on tv and I’m asking”what just happened?”

Sep 27, 2020, 10:25 AM

Im also not a hockey fan, just didn’t grow up watching it, never caught the bug.
I also agree 100% that you have to see it live. Saw the Blues vs Stars live about 15 years ago. I was completely awestruck by how fast the game was. They are absolutely flying up and down the ice, for an hour. Whatever else they are, there is zero doubt in my mind that they are in phenomenal shape

Ok this is a bit silly

Sep 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

You’re really blaming hockey’s low ratings on social justice? (Something that every other sport going is also doing)

Hockey is going up against nba playoffs, nfl, college football, baseball, golf, tennis and everything else.

It’s also on NBCsports a lot of the time, not as popular of a channel as ESPN and the two teams left are in non-traditional hockey markets in Dallas and Tampa.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic