Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, so I'm reading this explosive new book with all these
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 292

Ok, so I'm reading this explosive new book with all these

Sep 9, 2020, 3:19 PM

new revelations from the guy who's outed everything about he can dig up on every pub President since becoming famous nailing Nixon. And for the life of me I can't figure out two things....

One is who the #### would ever talk to this guy, Woodward in the first place. He's the prototypical (####, he wrote the book) "journalist", who befriends someone long enough to get some dirt, then dumps it in a book for profit. I mean who would even give him the time of day? Obviously Trump spoke candidly with him, far more than any sensible person should. The fact Trump was so open with him is worse than what he "revealed" about Trump, which brings me to....

Two, what the heck is new, explosive, damaging, or whatever in the book? It's nothing everyone doesn't already know, at least what's been excerpted so far. Headlines all over are Trump downplayed covid. He knew it was far worse than he let on. Well no #### Sherlock. We all know that already. That's why Trump's screwed in the election, among many other things.

So he and Kim of N. Korean each blew sunshine up the other's ###. Ok, so what? Nothing came of it. We already knew that too.

Really, so far the only value I see in any of this damaging, explosive new book or whatever is that Trump actually talked candidly with Woodward. That's the most damaging thing revealed in the book, not what Trump said or did, but who Trump confided and spoke candidly with. That's the sign of someone who is an idiot. Really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, so I'm reading this explosive new book with all these

Sep 9, 2020, 3:39 PM

While I was reading your post I kept saying to myself: "it's cause he's stupid as hell" which was the same point I was making on the reason for the FBI investigation in the "Cult" thread I started earlier. More PROOF that your vote is needed. BTW, I had asked u a question in that thread earlier that U haven't replied to. Would love to hear your thoughts on that in there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or a narcissist..

Sep 9, 2020, 3:43 PM

who thinks he's smarter than everyone and can get away with things normal people can't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, so I'm reading this explosive new book with all these

Sep 9, 2020, 3:43 PM

I guess because there are still a lot of morons who still ignorantly support trump.

I know Trump has never read any of Woodward's books,

Sep 9, 2020, 3:55 PM

but somebody on his staff should've nixed it before it happened. Woodward's a compelling writer, very good at bringing the reader into a setting. Some people might find "The Brethren" dry as h311, but how fascinating is it to sit in a room with some Supremes and just shoot the breeze? Even his Nixon books are less emphatic on the revelation, and more about observing and listening. The point is he puts you there in the room with these people and the shock is not so much that his subject do a certain thing, but the how and why for doing it.

I wouldn't imagine there'd be any bombshells in this one and I didn't read his first one on Trump's WH to compare anything recent. My guess is that Woodward shows what it's like to have many chaotic, oddball, and unflattering conversations with the man. Which would probably make anti-trumpies like me think ZOMG what the eff, people.

Replies: 4
| visibility 292
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic